High Guard - in Print!

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
The printed editing of High Guard is finally here and ready for all budding ship architects! You can grab your own copy at http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpgs/traveller-1/high-guard.html

This book is a major expansion to the Traveller roleplaying game, enabling you to design, build and fly spacecraft of all types found throughout the galaxy. You will find rules to modify existing ships, design high performance space superiority flyers, and construct the largest capital ships to travel the space lanes.

High Guard also presents new approaches to handle spacecraft operations, from engaging in vicious boarding actions to spacecraft security, from employing a range of warheads in missiles to accessing technologies seen in science fiction settings beyond the Third Imperium. Your warp drives await.

With more options and more powerful weapons, High Guard returns to space combat and provides a rules framework to use in epic space battles, from spiralling dogfights involving just a handful of lightweight fighters to the clash of heavily armed battleships across a front stretching through an entire star system.

highguard_1.jpg

I keep reminding my local game store manager to look for High Guard and he wants to look it over too. Hope it ships soon. PDFs are alright but I need the real thing.

Given how close we are to Christmas, I think it likely it will be the New Year before High Guard ships to stores...

I got my pre-ordered copy this morning and really pleased with the book thanks.

Just to let people know UK postage times. I got my "Order Shipped" email on Tuesday and the Post-Lady delivered it this morning and yes she had brought post Thursday and Friday.

Once again lovely looking book which is going to be my post xmass lunch reading :)

Happy Christmas / Holidays, Matthew and all the Mongoose Crew.
Thanks for a great Travelling year and see you all Spinward in 2017

Thursday of the new year is coming for my weekly stop to my gaming store. Hopefully the Slow Pinnacle from the U.K. has delivered my copy. Then I need to get it out of the store clerk's grasp. Please be there!

All copies have been seized by Vargr corsairs. Unable to hold them back Cpt Phillips is now being held, along with his crew and ship, until Mongoose pay up.

Starting to look at using New Traveller and High Guard with the old FGU Space Opera setting. Now looking at the Warp Drives and Hyper drives was surprised at the speeds, upto 9 parsecs an hour. That would work out at 704 LY a day. This would carry you across 3 star sectors a day. In the Traveller universe thats 216 Hexes.

May I suggest that the thrust is reduced from per hour to per day. In Space Opera the most you can do is 50 LY a day or roughly 15 Parsecs.

Perhaps Military vessels can double the rating so max of 18 Parsecs a Day for a Warp drive rating 9

Back