High Guard 2022 retrofit question

Referencing High Guard update 2022 pages 13/14 (Hull Options) and page 72 (Refitting Ships):

I understand that "Armour and other parts of the ship integral to the hull (such as configuration or reinforced structure) cannot be changed under any refit".

Is this true for Hull Options such as stealth, reflec, or radiation shielding as well or can these features be added to a ship after initial construction? Would this be a major or minor refitting?

Thank you

If it's integral to the hull(skin), then it can't be changed.

Heat shielding, stealth, solar coating, and reflec are external, so I'd place them as minor refitting.

Radiation is probably internal, so by that logic, major.

Mix and match could get tricky.

If it's integral to the hull(skin), then it can't be changed.

Heat shielding, stealth, solar coating, and reflec are external, so I'd place them as minor refitting.

Radiation is probably internal, so by that logic, major.

Mix and match could get tricky.
As an easy rule of thumb, is that if it takes up space, it's integral. So only change to Condottiere's response, is I'd make the basic stealth integral.
Which makes sense, as you're talking about a coating at higher levels, but something more akin to a stealth bomber's hull at the basic level.

As a trivial aside, I always thought the price of the hull coatings to be extreme, especially when you consider the maintenance cost add. Then I read an article on how often the B2 bomber needs hull repairs. That fancy billion dollar hull is closer to paper mache than it is to steel, and a single bird strike can render it useless.

The costs in Twenty Three Hundred look a lot cheaper.

Heat shielding is cost prohibitive, that investing in a gravity based drive starts looking rather attractive,

Back