Fighter Doctrines: An Idea :idea:

Is this any good?

• I like it, see comments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs work, see comments

• Too complex, keep it simple (see comments)

• Total voters
Wulf Corbett said:
TrueCentauri said:
The Scout capabilities are also allmost a special action. Why not make it a special action??
One of the main reasons for this is that events which prevent SA do NOT prevent Scouts from operating. Sililarly, launching fighters does not require a SA, but cannot be done if some SA is being done. They are different, they obey different rules.

Wulf

Wulf,

I understand your reasoning, but if the flights hadn't been deployed before battle, It would also prone to be an oopsie too. And there are people here saying that launching fighters should not block a special action.

If no SA means that the crew is too busy to cope with the damage, why are they able to do scouting which requires a CQ?

For skindancing it is even stranger that it isn't a special action. I guess it takes a lot of attention of the crew to prevent crashing into the enemy ship. Why not declare it before movement? And if the crew is too busy coping with damage, skindancing seems not a mere possibility.

I understand that you don't want the scout trait to be neutralized quickly, and that can have valid balancing reasons. I also noted that you don't like adding complexity if it doesn't add fun, which I agree on. But in this case, the comms disruptor, gravitic shifter and ionic bust e-mines use different game mechanics solutions for what are comparable situations.

TrueCentauri

TrueCentauri said:
I understand your reasoning, but if the flights hadn't been deployed before battle, It would also prone to be an oopsie too. And there are people here saying that launching fighters should not block a special action.
Note that I am not a fan of the rules on restricting flight deployment before scenarios begin, so although that's another example, it's not one I like...
If no SA means that the crew is too busy to cope with the damage, why are they able to do scouting which requires a CQ?
Not quite true, a crit preventing SA can have many reasons behind it, but in general it's not that the CREW are too busy coping with damage, but that the DAMAGE CONTROL parties are, and the systems that allow the SA are the damaged ones that they are attempting to cope with. The Scout trait is a trait, and, as such is unaffected by crits (whether that SHOULD be true is another argument), therefore the rules do not allow it to be lost (except to crippling levels of damage) nor repaired.

Wulf

Silvereye said:
I would not be surprised it there was no atmosphere in a starfuries cockpit (you always see the pilots in spacesuits)since it stops a lot of nasty things happening if anything breaks.

I would be very surprised if there was not the option of having a pressurised cockpit in a Fury, since we see Garibaldi in one with no suit on in the Season 5 opener "No compromises"

LBH

lastbesthope said:
I would be very surprised if there was not the option of having a pressurised cockpit in a Fury, since we see Garibaldi in one with no suit on in the Season 5 opener "No compromises"

I think that's more a case of when the pilot is sealed in, there's residual atmosphere there which probably doesn't go through the lifew support system that would be plugged into the flight suit. Given how the ejection system works, the pilot is fracked without a pressure suit if he does eject.

Back