Excel Ship Designer

Planetoid armour problematic:

7n5JknH.png

RaNmazx.png

The planetoid has 2 points of armour built in, so only needs 13 additional points to get to 15 points. 13 points added (15 points total) should take 13 × 0.8% × 100 = 10.4 Dton.

Thanks again, Dilbert.

Arkathan said:
5 Dtons Hull -
There was no data validation on that. Added. Whole numbers 10+ now.

There's a minimum of 10 Dton, but I don't think there's any requirement on natural numbers. I certainly accept, and use decimals, e.g. my favourite fighter is 35.5 Dton.
[/quote]
Easy fix.

AnotherDilbert said:
Default "Planetoid" configuration, questionable.

Default Main Airlock of 2 Dt installed, should be free, questionable.

Less of a default than I forgot to change it from the last save while testing to ensure the added armor did not exceed the max.

AnotherDilbert said:
Default "Planetoid" configuration, questionable.

Default Main Airlock of 2 Dt installed, should be free, questionable.

I've been trying to find where it says it is free. haven't found that yet.

AnotherDilbert said:
Rounding in Hull!S39 still makes available free space calculation incorrect.

Collector on by default, consuming 5 Dt even if no jump drive installed.

Jump drive specified by default, great! Not so great for small craft though. A simple =IF( Hull<100; ZZ98; ZZ99 ) in cell B24 would solve that. (Cells ZZ98 and ZZ99 refers to cells in the data validation range for that cell.)

Again, more of I missed zeroing it before a save. Zero and save and there is a new default.

AnotherDilbert said:
Idea: How about a overview tab summarising each tab in a single line, something like:
I'll stick that on the Ship's Info Tab. Least cluttered spot.

AnotherDilbert said:
A Small Bridge in a small craft should still take some space, presumably 3 Dt?
Thanks. Fixed.

AnotherDilbert said:
Check Performance for M-drive non-existent.

Check Performance for J-drive not correct, because TL-maximum.

Range of table in VLOOKUP in cells E14-16 wrong, hence User-def tech advantage counts as Early prototype, hence cost of tech advantages wrong.

Fixed

AnotherDilbert said:
Arkathan said:
I've been trying to find where it says it is free. haven't found that yet.

HG, p22: Sidebar "Airlocks".

I believe you on the one free, and have been looking because I am also convinced that it says you get one free... somewhere, but that sidebar just says you can have one for each hundred tons. And when you look at the HG examples, you see craft paying for the first, even though by the wording of that sidebar, a small craft should include an airlock for free.

Arkathan said:
I believe you on the one free, and have been looking because I am also convinced that it says you get one free... somewhere, but that sidebar just says you can have one for each hundred tons. And when you look at the HG examples, you see craft paying for the first, even though by the wording of that sidebar, a small craft should include an airlock for free.

HG said:
A ship may have one airlock for every 100 tons or part of. A standard airlock is capable of cycling two humans per minute between the ship’s interior and exterior, or vice versa. Additional airlocks may be added using the system in the spacecraft options chapter.

Core said:
Ship: A spacecraft of 100 tons or more.
Small Craft: A spacecraft of less than 100 tons. Small craft are incapable of jumping to other star systems.

Ships, per definition 100+ Dt, have one free airlock per 100 Dt.

Small craft have no free airlocks.

Slightly condensed language, but actually well-defined.

Can't really make ships with external load. See Annic Nova.
520 Dt + two external Pinnaces = total 600 Dt.
Has a J-3 and a J-2 drive.

Check Performance:
jfi4ynM.png

Main jump drive:
jB0z0PK.png

Backup jump drive:
TtQTBsU.png

Note the J-2@520Dt drive is not rated at J-2 in 600 Dt ship. Should be J-1 in the Check Performance box.

Should be:
HaqqRfh.png

Dljs0FY.png

Note the drives dimensioned, and uses power, for a 600 Dt ship, not just for the 520 Dt hull.

AnotherDilbert said:
Can't really make ships with external load. See Annic Nova.
520 Dt + two external Pinnaces = total 600 Dt.
Has a J-3 and a J-2 drive.

Check Performance:
jfi4ynM.png

Main jump drive:
jB0z0PK.png

Backup jump drive:
TtQTBsU.png

Note the J-2@520Dt drive is not rated at J-2 in 600 Dt ship. Should be J-1 in the Check Performance box.

Should be:
HaqqRfh.png

Dljs0FY.png

Note the drives dimensioned, and uses power, for a 600 Dt ship, not just for the 520 Dt hull.

Considering that it cannot move without the pinnaces, I would calculate it as a 600 ton ship with alternative stats for 520. In a short bit, I should be able to upload a fixed version that checks for tech level. Finishing up the overview table now.

NEW VERSION

Takes care of the majority of things we've talked about... unless I missed something. Still working on Weapons...

Last edited:
Arkathan said:
Considering that it cannot move without the pinnaces, I would calculate it as a 600 ton ship with alternative stats for 520. In a short bit, I should be able to upload a fixed version that checks for tech level. Finishing up the overview table now.

But then it would have more expensive 600 Dt hull with six hardpoints and heavier and more expensive armour. It might also affect the size and cost of bridge and crew.

That is not what it is. It's a 520 Dt ship with another external 80 Dt small craft with their own hulls.

Downloaded version "Ship_Designer_Blank_v2021.7.c.xlsx". All comments about this version.
Hull points validated versus TL?
8Q9fdqU.png

Back