Excel Ship Designer

Thank you very much!

It might simply be that Discord noticed that I was not subscribed to the server where the file was posted; I didn't see which server it was.

No, it gave me the same message, and files I had linked in other threads for a couple of years were similarly not accessible, like the Custom Ships thread.
Twice in a few weeks is definitely Discord deciding it doesn't want to host files.
I'll just have to start attaching zip files instead of linking to Excel files.

Is there away to increase the tech level for Spinal Mounts?
The Spinal Mounts Improvement table, page 35 of High Guard Update 2022, lists the changes per TL increase.

I’m going to report another missing feature. It is possible to build a Hope drive ship at TL 15 but there no option under FTL drive for either a Hop or Skip drive can you please add these options

... and, as long as we are asking for minor tinkering to the data tables -- I have one. Sometimes I will choose to equip an option, or piece of software, from a drop-down menu -- and then there is no option to unequip it. Of course, I have imported it into Google Sheets; so that may be affecting my experience.

... and, as long as we are asking for minor tinkering to the data tables -- I have one. Sometimes I will choose to equip an option, or piece of software, from a drop-down menu -- and then there is no option to unequip it. Of course, I have imported it into Google Sheets; so that may be affecting my experience.
There should be a blank choice at the top of the list. That installs a nothing in the whatever's place. If this is missing, let me know what page/group/item it is missing from.

Will look into adding the Hop drive (even though I hate the concept).

I get the problem on the software tab and for individual weapons (not mounts; I can select 'not installed' just fine). So I can choose (for example) to have 0 Beam Lasers in HP01, but I cannot choose 'no weapon installed' once I have selected a weapon.

Your conversion is ignoring the blank entry.
You can try to fix this manually. On Comp Tab (password is Password) enter ="" in the lines above each group, then expand the selection. You'll have to unhide the columns between R and Z.

For the weapons tab, you are better off doing what you are doing. That page is a convoluted mess.

Hello, there. I was wondering where I could find the Discord server that you Traveller players are at? I started playing Traveller back in 1978 and would like to reconnect with the game and possible an online campaign.

The Discord I was using was just storing the files. That recently became untenable.
https://discord.gg/XATNxsBAPY
That is the official mongoose Discord, as of the last post on that thread in 2022.
My game is local in the US.
There may also be a big Traveller Discord on here, but a quick search failed to find it.

Hope that gets you started.

I found an error. If you click yes the standard free airlock option it flags the tonnage as 2xthe number of free air locks you list. Yet it also doesn’t list the airlock tonnage in the ship sheet. So the tonnage is red yet the ship lists the available tons as the airlocks tonnage cost not existing.

Another issue, well, maybe feature request. If you have a collapsible fuel tank, it shows the tonnage on the cargo page, but it doesn’t have a place that shows internal cargo capacity minus it and ammunition magazine and likely other things to show usable cargo space. I’m handling it in my head, but it would be nice to have the sheet calculate it.

I found an error. If you click yes the standard free airlock option it flags the tonnage as 2xthe number of free air locks you list. Yet it also doesn’t list the airlock tonnage in the ship sheet. So the tonnage is red yet the ship lists the available tons as the airlocks tonnage cost not existing.
I'll need a screenshot, because I am not getting the red tonnage. The free airlocks do not calculate into used tonnage, because they are both free and an integral part of the hull. The record sheet shows included airlocks and lists their tonnage, but does not add up that tonnage.

Another issue, well, maybe feature request. If you have a collapsible fuel tank, it shows the tonnage on the cargo page, but it doesn’t have a place that shows internal cargo capacity minus it and ammunition magazine and likely other things to show usable cargo space. I’m handling it in my head, but it would be nice to have the sheet calculate it.
I'll take that into consideration. I do it in my head for that too, because it doesn't come up much in my games and the sheet is meant for permanent settings.
magazines: The ammo adds to the Cargo section of the record sheet but does not effect cargo bays. I am planning to expand the magazine section to at least segregate sand, missiles, mass driver and torpedoes... and any other ones listed in that section of HG that I have forgotten tonight.

Back