Excel Ship Designer

AnotherDilbert said:
Small bridge costs half of a standard bridge:
ncorrect.
Aux bridge correct!
Thanks, I had already fixed that for the next version.
I think I have everything up to Bridge working. Adding QTY to sensors now. Each Bridge now adds another free Sensor Station on the Sensor Tab.

Available power calculation wrong, somehow multiplies power by hull size?
Sba1NXT.png

AnotherDilbert said:
Staterooms:

Can't use High (or Lux) Staterooms for crew accommodation.

Validation of Common Areas incorrect, does not need to be natural number, can be decimal.

Fixed Common Area Data Validation to allow decimal.

Validation doesn't check to see whether crew is in passenger rooms. That is just for convenience. As long as both columns are equal, the spreadsheet does not care. Standard staterooms are Middle passage rated, regardless of who is in them. Likewise a high or luxury room with crew in it. It just wants people to have a room or a seat.

AnotherDilbert said:
Available power calculation wrong, somehow multiplies power by hull size?
Sba1NXT.png

Probably just not enough room in the field. I wasn't expecting to reconstruct a Death Star... ;)
Nope. Something in the Drives, looks like

M-Drive tons snuck its way into the equation. Gone now.

I did expand the field sizes, though...

5 Dtons Hull -
There was no data validation on that. Added. Whole numbers 10+ now.

That'll be a major overhaul on that area.
I think I'll finish the sensors, check over some things to see what I broke, then put out another test version to get the first half picked over while working on the weapons.

New Version

Changes go up to the Sensors Tab, although there were some minor fixes beyond.
While this one is getting checked, I will overhaul weapons and then look at the other tabs as well.

Last edited:
Don't spend too much time or effort on Smaller Weapons, it's not that important. Just add a new cell block with a row or three for Smaller Weapons.

OK, downloaded version "Ship_Designer_Blank_v2021.7.b.xlsx". Comments on that version.

Arkathan said:
5 Dtons Hull -
There was no data validation on that. Added. Whole numbers 10+ now.

There's a minimum of 10 Dton, but I don't think there's any requirement on natural numbers. I certainly accept, and use decimals, e.g. my favourite fighter is 35.5 Dton.

Rounding in Hull!S39 still makes available free space calculation incorrect.

Collector on by default, consuming 5 Dt even if no jump drive installed.

Jump drive specified by default, great! Not so great for small craft though. A simple =IF( Hull<100; ZZ98; ZZ99 ) in cell B24 would solve that. (Cells ZZ98 and ZZ99 refers to cells in the data validation range for that cell.)

Idea: How about a overview tab summarising each tab in a single line, something like:

Ay8HxpE.png

It would make it much easier to see what actually takes a lot of space and costs a lot of money in this particular ship.

sdmRNvl.png

Cost of Fib for backup computer based on main computer.

Neither computer can run Jump-4, but the spreadsheet pretends they can...

zRNnmPR.png

Check Performance for M-drive non-existent.

Check Performance for J-drive not correct, because TL-maximum.

Range of table in VLOOKUP in cells E14-16 wrong, hence User-def tech advantage counts as Early prototype, hence cost of tech advantages wrong.

Power plant fuel calculation still problematic:

4 weeks correct:
qqC1zFD.png

5 weeks incorrect:
WmRui8g.png

8 weeks, should be double 4 weeks, so 6 Dt, incorrect:
wQMw543.png

Calculation should be something like = C10 / 4 * ROUND.UP( PPsize / 10; 0 ).
The division by 4 weeks should not be inside the rounding function.

See Fleet Courier, 8 weeks of fuel is 6 Dt = 8 / 4 * ROUND.UP( 22/10; 0 ):
JBySZCe.png

ePl4Xsz.png

Cell Power!X7 [=IF(T7=0;0;IF((T7+H12)<10;0,25;0,025*(T7+H12)))] is way too complicated.
= ROUND.UP( (T7+H12)/10; 0 ) is all thats needed.

Back