EA Tanks

And there is another mistake.

The Rangeincrement on Spacestations and on the Satellites is 3 times the original Rangeincrement.

So the Heavy Particle Cannon has not a Rangeincrement of 30, insteat it has one of 10.

(But it is longer ranged as the Minbari Neutron Laser. :) )

** Edit ** And the Heavy Particle Cannons are Boresight, don´t forgett this. ** Edit **

People keep talking about the Warlock replacing the Nova, but frankly I don't see it. I think it actually replaces the Command (Gamma) Omega.

Consider: The Nova is your classic Gunship, all one kind of weapon, maximised arcs of fire, relatively weak defenses but plenty of structure. The Warlock instead has a wide variety of weaponry, optimised for various distances and targets.

So it seems to me that the Warlock has a different designated purpose from the Nova, and the same purpose as the Omega: general combat.

Further, while the Warlock carries LPAs, the Omega Gamma has Heavy LPAs. If the original is a nightmare to maintain, how bad would something with 150% of the power throughput be?

The Nova is a special-purpose ship, unlike the Warlock. Eventually, the Warlock might supercede the Omega completely, but that would be well in the future. Until then, it would replace the ship that probably gives the biggest maintenance and construction headaches to the EA: The Omega Gamma.

And the Nova? Well, accoding to AOG it remains in construction, with an upgraded version soon. My guess would be that it would be an upgrade to the electronics package, incorporation of artficial gravity (though probably only in the living quarters and bridge; I would suspect the artificial gravity systems would require too much of a redesign to use them elsewhere) and expansion of the hanger bay to accept Thunderbolts. I see the ship as being too useful to do without.

Actually all the upgrades planned for the Nova have been done on the Warlock. As great as the Nova is any upgrades make a cramped situation worse, and it became easier to just start over with the Warlock. Both the Warlock and the Nova are designed to be the heavy hitters of the EA fleet, it's just the Warlock does it with a variety of weapons allowing it to attack and defend itself better than the Nova without wasting offensive guns on incoming fire or fighters.

As far as what AOG has said, look in Fleet Action if you have any of those books, they tend to give times for how long ships will be constructed.

In the EA Sourcebook is described how long it takes to construct a ship too.

And the Warlock is a logistical nightmare for the EA, even more than the Nova.

1. The Nova has only one Weaponsystem, the LPA, so the maintaince is easier as on the Warlock which has over 5 different Weaponsystems.
Every Weaponsystem need their own spare parts, "energy cables" and targetcomputers.

2. The Warlock has 4 Railguns & 4 Missile Launcher. 2 Weaponsystems, which need ammunition. If the Warlock has "lost" his ammunition, he has only one halv of his main weapons operational.

So, the Warlock is like the Nova a "short range / hard hitting" Combat Vessel. And not like the Omega a ship which can travel / fight a long time.
Even the Nova can fight longer as the Warlock aoutside the suppley lines.

But the Warlock has the advantage of Artificial Gravity without the need of a Rotating Section, so he is more comfortable as the Nova.

Every ship other than the Nova and the Sag has more than one weapons system on it, so I'm sure Earth Force is used to it by the time the Warlock comes out. Besides one of the things I've read about the LPA's is crews hate to work on them since they need parts for two whole weapons for one Array.

As for the ammunition I worry more about the missile launchers than the railguns, limited railgun ammo is usually limited to specific situations and if you keep getting into those situations, it's time to yell at either the quartermaster (in game) or the GM (out of game).

Overall I'd call the Warlock a fleet flagship for situations where a Poseidon can't make it or isn't needed.

LoneStranger said:
As for the ammunition I worry more about the missile launchers than the railguns, limited railgun ammo is usually limited to specific situations and if you keep getting into those situations, it's time to yell at either the quartermaster (in game) or the GM (out of game).
This was right for Babylon 5 Wars, where you doesn´t keep track of Railgun ammunition. But in the RPG there you must keep track.

The Olympus for example has "only" 50 Shots per Railgun (if I have read right) . (O.K more Shots as missiles. :D)

But there is a limited ammunition load, and if you can´t get to a supply depot or have a transporter near you, you think twice of shooting the Railgun.

And more than four times if you want to spend a missile :wink:

Well any idiot who fires a railgun randomly deserves to be caught without any ammo for it. Although the Warlock is one of those that usually stays close to a base or is leading ships into a war so it usually doesn't have supply problems (ideally).

Back