Dilgar and Cantauri in 2e

I honestly don't know which I prefer. I think the Vree, but then later I think the Dilgar. Ah well, plenty of time to decide, I need to get some games with my Centauri first... :p

BTW I agree with you Lord David. Dilgar are hardly low-tech... they just spent too much money on weapon development. :lol:

Or unlike the Glorious Centauri Republic they don't have a grasp of both slaughtering your enemy and looking good doing it..... :D

Hey, at least they spend time and buckets of paint to paint all their ships green before launching their invasion fleets :lol:

...unlike late EA :lol:

The Dilgar do lack that essential Centauri style, but they have a style all their own. It's that We're-going-to-crush-you-completely style.

Of course, the Vree have that totally-inexplicable-weirdness style. Hard choice.

thing with the dilgar they can always swap tales over a beer with your centauri about how they mass-drivered a planet

scorpioni said:
Hey, at least they spend time and buckets of paint to paint all their ships green before launching their invasion fleets :lol:

...unlike late EA :lol:

You can have your Marathon advanced cruiser in any colour. As long as its black ;)

Off main topic but still related to the Centauri - They are pretty much going to own the Drakh unless you're really lucky with the dice rolling, aren't they? (Vorchan/Demos vs Raiders = Fried raiders)

Seems to me that the Vorchan/Demos is roughly the same maneuverability with better weapons ranges. Granted what you see with the Vorchan is what you get, it is *possible* for a single Light Raider to take down a Thoughtforce or Lordship (with their equivalent 300 damage) in a single round. (<1% chance of 8 hits, 25% chance of first volley fail.)

Lord David the Denied said:
The Dilgar do lack that essential Centauri style, but they have a style all their own. It's that We're-going-to-crush-you-completely style.

Of course, the Vree have that totally-inexplicable-weirdness style. Hard choice.

And thats why i said that Dilgar are low-tech, they lack the style that makes you look advanced. Plus while many fleets based some of their tech on Dilgar stuff, most fleets have advanced further along the timeline, while Dilgar do have a little handicap there. So during a campaign with correct in service dates Dilgar are going to have "high tech" stuff, they dont have it, relative to the show.

Plus the EA/Narn style of using a battering ram in space with the agility of just such a ram, does have its benefits.

And deciding between DIlgar and Vree.....I just dont know....but since i own the Dilgar fleet boopk from before Armageddon, i kinda feel like i owe it to the dead little puppies to get a chance ^^.

Interesting viewpoint. Thing with the Dilgar and in service dates, you can hardly play with them at all. Apart from the Minbari, most fleets have severely truncated lists in that period.

Still can't actually choose, but I'm leaning towards Vree at the moment.

Yes that is pretty much the problem with Dilgar. Early era EA should be ok to play, dont know for sure though, since i dont have the fleet book.

Since 90% of the available fleets moved on.....Dilgar are stuck ^^.

I highly reccomend Vree for an alternative choice that opens up a whole new style of play. All those lovely beamless guns, SM, good speed, good range, nice ship choices, cracking fighter. Skirmish level Carrier. The addition of the Dreadnought and the War level ship have given them a much needed boost. They dance like butterflies and sting like a hive of very angry bees. And on a final plus note, you can paint one to look like :D have only seen it done once but it looked soooooo cool. Also gives you an excuse to name a Ship VCS CARTMAN

"Yes that is pretty much the problem with Dilgar. Early era EA should be ok to play, dont know for sure though, since i dont have the fleet book.

Since 90% of the available fleets moved on.....Dilgar are stuck ^^."

We typically play with the idea of a lost fleet hidden out on the Rim or protected by the shadows back for vengeance. Lets you play Dilgar in the Universe of B5. There is also a fascinating mod in one of the S&P's that has Dilgar Raiders with updated weapons etc. Can be quite fun.

Our campaign is running though on the idea of a new jump point opening up a new uncontested area of space containing first one tech that everyone is after and presents so much of an opportunity that old allegiances are worthless in the greed to snap up the new territory. It also works as a place Dilgar vessels fled to during the war when it turned sour for them.

It makes for a fun narrative anyway and creates a viable reason to run Dilgar against newer ships etc.

Back