Conan campaigns - advice sought

Sorry, I used Abbyy FineReader as my OCR, which made an imperfect scan - while visually an almost perfect OCR scan, I still have a lot of work to do, so I'm not done yet. Since I'm a shut-in today, I'll try getting back to it now that I've finished chronicling my Saturday group's Conan adventures to date.

paladins are a no-no in conan or also known as fresh meat :twisted: but it is a world were most try to live by a code even the pirates :shock: 8)

toothill man said:
paladins are a no-no in conan or also known as fresh meat :twisted: but it is a world were most try to live by a code even the pirates :shock: 8)
Yep, but since for him it's all or nothing, he'd rather nothing than give this game a try, I think because he's shocked by the Saturday group's utter lack of morals and magic items. 8)

The King said:
Funny I didn't see your gaming session thread. :roll:
Okay, well in the interest of shameless self-promotion, and since I FINALLY wrote about how they concluded their last adventure, here's a link to our Saturday Conan gaming group: The Story So Far...

Feel free to be amazed by their utter lack of morals, evil deeds, and depravity. :wink: It can be a hell of a VERY long read, but for those adventures based on Mongoose adventures or stolen from Conan stories, I included spoilers.

No problem. Take as much as you want. :) I've done that myself from dozens of other posts in this forum, other games, etc. :lol:

Azgulor said:
So I'm looking for some help from the Conan fans here who have either played the game extensively or are currently in a game/campaign.

Hi

we play Conan with GURPS 4 and it is very Conanesque :). Fights are fast and deadly, The Players can be very heroic, though they know that they may suffer badly when seriously wounded. Of course, fights are GURPS style: f.i. last saturday, the barbarian first hit the leg of the giant ape, brought him to his knees, and than stabbed him in his vitals, killing him nearly instantly - while the pirate lied near a wall, bleeding, having caught the first hit of the ape.

Technically, the Character Classes are easily transferred to GURPS - we have a cimmerian barbarian, an argossian pirate and my girlfriend plays a sadistic, bloodlusty pictish warrior :)

GURPS Conan is of course a big help, though it is still GURPS 3.

I haven't tried to convert "big" wizards now, but I don't think that will cause any serious problems - GURPS 4 Magic is quite complete, I think.

trantor

Back