Central Supply Catalogue Update 2023 - PDF & Pre-Order!

Reading the blurb about nuclear rounds, I've now come around to the thinking that it was correct originally. Nuclear rounds are TL6, only available for heavy weapons. The passage used to read
Nuclear rounds are only available for grenade launchers or other heavy weapons of 40mm or less calibre at TL13 and above.

Now it reads
Nuclear rounds are only available for grenade launchers or other heavy weapons of 40mm or larger calibre at TL13 and above.

I think the original wording means that you can have bombs and artillery rounds at TL6, but nuclear grenades or LAG ammo appears at TL13 (nuclear machineguns will be off the menu because they can only use rifle special ammo). The new wording actually doesn't make sense, because it implies that the larger nuclear rounds only become available at TL13, implying that you can get small nuclear rounds at TL6, which I don't think makes much sense.

Sorry - this is an edit that I instigated. :(

Reading the blurb about nuclear rounds, I've now come around to the thinking that it was correct originally. Nuclear rounds are TL6, only available for heavy weapons. The passage used to read

Now it reads

I think the original wording means that you can have bombs and artillery rounds at TL6, but nuclear grenades or LAG ammo appears at TL13 (nuclear machineguns will be off the menu because they can only use rifle special ammo). The new wording actually doesn't make sense, because it implies that the larger nuclear rounds only become available at TL13, implying that you can get small nuclear rounds at TL6, which I don't think makes much sense.

Sorry - this is an edit that I instigated. :(
Well.
I see your point. It was better the way it was. It may be too late, but I'm not sure. I let myself get second-guess. (Yeah, I know, that's like saying 'I thought I was wrong, but I was wrong.' Whatever. Sloppy thinking on my part. But to be unsloppy, where would the the original wording apply at TL13+?:

• The ARL which (sorry about the picture, the illustration in JTAS is better) is only 10mm and would be able to fire tiny nukes EXCEPT, it says that it may use the rifle variant ammunition - which means that it can't use the heavy weapon variants, but it doesn't say so.
  • The anti-material rifle doesn't say one way or another, but since it's called a rifle, I would stick with rifle rounds (think 50 caliber Barrett), so no nukes.
  • Autocannons Light to Heavy are described as 20mm to 65mm, so it would apply to Light at TL13+, Heavy at TL6+, and Medium, probably not until TL13, but it's not stated clearly.
  • Gauss Cannons: No caliber listed, but it says 'may use the variant...' without saying rifle, so it should be able to use it above at TL13+. I find it unlikely that a gauss cannon, even a heavy one, would exceed 40mm, so none below TL13.
  • Rotary Autocannon: also 40mm or below. (and rotary autocannon is now listed in both Vehicle Heavy Weapons and Rockets, Missiles and Bombs (RMB), so the latter table entry and text could go.)
  • VRF Gauss Gun - rifle only, so no VRF gauss nukes.
  • In the RBM section: Heavy Rocket Pod TL6+, just plan Rocket Pod, TL13+
  • And Rail guns are not listed as being able to use specialized ammunition, so technically, that's a no. But a Mass Driver (from the artillery section) can.

And in all cases, the use of nuclear ammunition, even little 20mm nukes, would induce the appearance of an contingent of Imperial Marines sufficient to neutralize the offending users, or, if the violators were too powerful or dug in... meson guns from orbit...

Some problems with the new PDF table of contents:
Equipment Availability -- Ship's locker links to p. 7, when it should link to p.10.
Augments links to p. 44, when it should link to p. 48.
Augments -- Torso links to p. 48 when it should link to p. 49
Computers and Software -- Specialized Computer links to p. 68 when it should link to p. 69.
Computers and Software -- Software Packages links to p. 68 when it should link to p. 69.
Survival Gear links to p. 92 when it should link to p. 97.
Survival Gear -- Vacuum Environments links to p. 116 when it should link to p. 120
Survival Gear -- Wilderness Housing links to p. 116 when it should link to p. 122
Weapons -- Up Close and Personal links to p. 134 when it should link to p,. 138
Weapons -- Specialized Melee Weapons links to p. 140 when it should link to p. 141
Weapons -- Slug Throwers links to p. 140 when it should link to p. 142
Weapons -- Slug Pistols links to p. 140 when it should link to p. 142
Weapons -- Slug Rifles links to p. 140 when it should link to p. 145
Weapons -- Specialized Ranged Weapons links to p. 154 when it should link to p. 155
Weapons - Vehicle Heavy Weapons links to p. 174 when it should link to p. 167

Pages checked on two different PDF readers (Mac, iPad). My page numbers are the book's page numbers - because of the cover, PDF Expert shows page numbers 1 point higher. You should probably confirm my numbers before making the changes anyway,.

@Geir Your list sounds pretty on the ball. I dug out my old Fire Fusion and Steel and noted that they allowed small nuclear rounds down to 20mm at TL14, so autocannon nuclear rounds seem pretty viable.

I also saw the rotary autocannon description repeated on page 173 (although I think it's been excised from the table on page 171).

Lastly, looks like we're missing the bit about not putting reflec coating on reflec.

So multiple layers of anti-energy should be out. Highest level vs. lasers should count, but anything else is just a shiny suit. As for the Reflec Coating, maybe it needs to say (p.25) '... can be added to the surface of a piece of armour or suit that does not provide any special protection against lasers.' (bold text to be added here).

Hopefully it's not too late to fix the nuclear round, or whenever I look at that page, I'll be reminded of my hubris...

I bought the CSC 2023 when it first came out and printed it out. Can someone tell me what pages are updated so I know what to reprint?

I bought the CSC 2023 when it first came out and printed it out. Can someone tell me what pages are updated so I know what to reprint?
I can't guarantee that this is a complete list, but what I have from notes back and forth is:

Just got my physical copy. It's a very pretty book. Unfortunately, it looks like not all the changes in the pdf made it into the physical copy. Does anyone have a list of the changes made since the print (like for the core book)?

Just got my physical copy. It's a very pretty book. Unfortunately, it looks like not all the changes in the pdf made it into the physical copy. Does anyone have a list of the changes made since the print (like for the core book)?

It would be nice if we could get an official errata, like we got with the 2022 update core book. I need to update the copy I printed out.

collector’s edition arrived today, and yeah… what can I say, it’s gorgeous!

That new bookshelf however, is urgently needed now, unless I secretly toss away some of the Female’s books…

Hi all, I have been away from Traveller for a few years, but just coming back to it. I see there are quite a few updated books since I bought the MT2 books back in 2019. I see that the Traveller Companion Update 2024 is going to be a free pdf upgrade for those of us who already own the book. Are any of the other updates available (such as the CSC) without re-purchasing the pdf? I just went to my CSC download link, and it is still the original PDF...

Hi all, I have been away from Traveller for a few years, but just coming back to it. I see there are quite a few updated books since I bought the MT2 books back in 2019. I see that the Traveller Companion Update 2024 is going to be a free pdf upgrade for those of us who already own the book. Are any of the other updates available (such as the CSC) without re-purchasing the pdf? I just went to my CSC download link, and it is still the original PDF...
Afraid not - the Core Rulebook, High Guard and CSC were such massive revisions that they were effectively new books. The Companion update is more slight, so we opted to upgrade everyone for free :)

Travellers arrested for a crime will face punishment,
determined by rolling ?D+DMs on the Sentencing table

CSC update: Sentencing table on page 7 tells to roll 1D+DMs
Core update: Sentencing table on page 257 tells to roll 2D+DMs

Which one is right?

Travellers arrested for a crime will face punishment,
determined by rolling ?D+DMs on the Sentencing table

CSC update: Sentencing table on page 7 tells to roll 1D+DMs
Core update: Sentencing table on page 257 tells to roll 2D+DMs

Which one is right?
Errr.. both, actually,
The tables are used in slightly different ways. CSC is focused on the legality of items, not crime in general. If you look on page 6 of the CSC you see that additional DMs are added for prohibited items, to the point where laser weapons give you a DM +7 to the 1D roll, while for the general Core table, you would have DM+4 on the sentencing table for the same infraction.

Ok, thank you for clarification.
What if someone buy a category 4 military weapon (banned on Law Level 3) on a world with Law Level 1? How should I count DM?
+4 (for cat 4 item) - 2 (banned on LL3, found on LL1)?

Ok, thank you for clarification.
What if someone buy a category 4 military weapon (banned on Law Level 3) on a world with Law Level 1? How should I count DM?
+4 (for cat 4 item) - 2 (banned on LL3, found on LL1)?
Technically what they are buying is legal, so they shouldn't be punished for buying the weapon. So there shouldn't be a sentencing roll unless they did something illegal with the weapon - such as a robbery - and then the Core rules would apply to the crime.

Category 4 says usually requiring service as an accredited mercenary or similar, but on a Law Level 1 world that would not likely be required. Or maybe they just have to sign a form that says: "I understand that this weapon is for military use only."

Back