Can crippled ships loose the Self Repair trait ?

Mongoose Steele said:
Yes, your Self Repair systems can go offline when Crippled.

But importantly, in the case of a White Star, it does not get the lost traits back mid game when/if you Self Repair to above the Crippled Threshold.

LBH

So a White Star which is crippled and lost its Self Repair should leave the Battle Field.

Thanks for the answers :) .

Goldritter said:
So a White Star which is crippled and lost its Self Repair should leave the Battle Field.

If you think so, I always like to try and fail a Skin Dancing roll, especially if I've lost one random weapon arc :lol:

LBH

lastbesthope said:
But importantly, in the case of a White Star, it does not get the lost traits back mid game when/if you Self Repair to above the Crippled Threshold.
If you lose Self-Repair, you don't get it back when you Self-Repair.. well, yes, there's logic in that... :?

Wulf

Wulf Corbett said:
lastbesthope said:
If you lose Self-Repair, you don't get it back when you Self-Repair.. well, yes, there's logic in that... :?

Wulf

Yes OK, perhaps I wasn't clear, if you lose traits other than Self Repair you don't get those back if you Self Repair back up beyond the Crippled Threshold.

:shock: :lol:

LBH

Another question about crippled ships.
Does I only roll once for a crippled ship if it loose traits or every time it´s crippled.

So a Nemesis is crippled in one round it roll for traitloss. In the next turn the Self repair give it one Damage Point over cripple back. And in then the Nemesis is agai ncrippled. does it now must roll again ?

Goldritter said:
Does I only roll once for a crippled ship if it loose traits or every time it´s crippled.
I'd say it has to reroll for remaining Traits, yes - the new damage knocked a different set of holes in the ship.

But there's no explicit rule stating so.

Wulf

Goldritter said:

So a Nemesis is crippled in one round it roll for traitloss. In the next turn the Self repair give it one Damage Point over cripple back. And in then the Nemesis is agai ncrippled. does it now must roll again ?

Like Wulf says I can't find a specific rule but speaking from personal experience of the situation at a Mongoose tournament and MSprange saying you don't reroll for lost traits, you only do that when you're crippled, healing hull points back does not uncripple the ship, that can only happen between campaign turns (SFOS P.189).

So you don't reroll for traits as your hull score seesaws up and down.

LBH

I also guess you wouldnt reroll.

Kinda like explosions, theres one roll, if the ship doesnt explode,it doesnt matter how often you try to make it explode with extra weapons fire it wont blow up.

And what is with Interceptors. Are they lost for the battle if the ship was once crippled or are they online when the ship get enough Damage Points back so that´s not crippled anymore ?

The same question for the "not Slow-Loading until crippled".
If the Nemsis was crippled and then get enough Points bakc in the battle can he shoot again every round with the Missiles ?

As has already been stated, when you get damage points back through self-repair, you do not become "un-crippled". That should answer all these questions.

Back