AT-43 minis pictures.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/

http://www.at-43.com/index.php?lg=EN

Quick update:

UNEL01GD.jpg

THEL02GD.jpg

Apparently these are the quality of the miniatures coming out of the boxed sets.

didn the strider break or was it pushed ?

what would happen to a mongoosfig after i was built and some one tried to repose it ? it would break.

the modles are designed to come apart so you can remodle them and pose them like normal minis.

ive forced bits off with a knife to repose them, and it takes alot of presure.

its a radical change in games, having a full tabletop game with proper rules nd painted minis in a non colectable way, 40k players are horrified that a company can do this cheaper than GW kits.

i think this new thing comming through is going to be a wakeupcall, but in time could hinder small companies being able to compete.

Yea, the only thing is getting people to play other things besides 40k.

Sadly most people dont have the money to play anything besides GW stuff because of the expense.

However, these games (At-43 and BE, and the pre-paint SST) will do very well because (I wager) most people hate to paint.

I am sure sales will get GW's attention but they will never do pre-paints, can you imagine? Trying to sell you a pre-painted tac squad for $100.

I believe, Evil, that he dropped it.

And for 6 figures $25.00 is a bit much, don't you think? Even for pre-painted... Compare that to the multi-part models available from Games Workshop: 20 plastic multipart minaitures for $35.00. Sure, you save time by having the models already painted, but I'm even apprenehsive about paying $29.95 for eight marines.

Hiromoon said:
I believe, Evil, that he dropped it.

And for 6 figures $25.00 is a bit much, don't you think? Even for pre-painted... Compare that to the multi-part models available from Games Workshop: 20 plastic multipart minaitures for $35.00. Sure, you save time by having the models already painted, but I'm even apprenehsive about paying $29.95 for eight marines.

Yeah I agree, $30 for 8 really isnt that much better than Rackhams offering... it seems to defy the point of prepainted models if they're that much more expensive than normal figs (Unless you completly miss the point and try and compare the price to space marines).
Still i actually enjoy painting and looking at a battle field full of my own work so Im a little biased.

Wow Max..... Good reading skills there...

Sure, you save time by having the models already painted, but I'm even apprenehsive about paying $29.95 for eight marines.

What's the code to make something blink?

I just realised and edited my post :D
I confused marines for those of the space variaty lol.
You're quick of the mark there Hiro, less than a minuite after my post!

Mwhahahaha.

If anything, I have to know my product, right? Effectively, if I want to field a basic force for BF:Ev, I'll probably end up spending the same as the OD boxed set.

shakespear said:
JoseDominguez said:
yup, plus At-43 is bendy plastic.
I like the assembly though...... everything comes apart easily to repaint/convert.
Or in other words, they aren't glued together very well :)

At-43 is NOT bendy plastic. The thin claws may bend, the same as they would under any company. This is not D&D mnis type plastic.

I have the set, the figures feel just as solid as any SST or 40K squad.

I'm holding a Therian golem, I'm moving it's arm backwards and forwards. It's bending.
What adjective should I use?

I never said they were made of the same stuff as D&D minis. Just that they are bendy.
And they are, the thinner model parts are flexible and have a good range of motion before they become distorted or snap. You can't do that with SST or GW minis.
Remember, there are as many formulations of plastic as there are model ranges. They are definately more rigid than clix etc... but a lot more flexible than what we are used to.
e.g. the golem with his claws down can sweep his arm across a 1.5cm arc then returns to it's original position without a problem.
What's your definition of bendy?
:)

Well, regardless of whether you are talking about Rackham or Mongoose, I agree that pre-painted has the potential to really shake things up in the miniature gaming hobby. I know that a common complaint is that pre-painted takes the "hobby" out of it, but I think that this could potentially open up doors for many people that have stayed away due to lack of ability/patience/time for painting. I know that when I first started demoing SST, one of the most common questions that I was asked was if they are pre-painted.

Hiromoon said:
And I'm amused at what a moron you've shown yourself to be.

That should be the actual name for yourself. Obviously, you give your opinion about AT-43 but I hardly call it a comparison. You may have seen the Operation Demacole box but I doubt very much that you own the set. Nevermind taking a closer look and try to make a fair comparison.

You say that your painting looks way better. I personally doubt it. How many army have you painted, besides SST? What about WH fantasy, 40k, warmahcine, confrontation, warlord, and many others?

If you feel that the quality of painting worth less than the difference between painted and unpainted figures, you obviously do not know what you are talking about. Shame on you.

BTW, if you cannot accept disagreement on your comments, may as well stay off the forum and come back a few years later when you grow up.

You know Wildger; you didn't so much as make a "disagreement on his comments" as you just attacked him outright.

Hiromoon has contributed far more to our hobby, SST, Mongoose Publishing and these Forums. Than most of us...

He took an insane amount of time to make Cards for all the Units in SST and Custom cards for anybody who wanted them. This was so successful that SST-EVO comes with cards for each unit now.

I suspect that's more than most gamers have ever done for a hobby.

He’s also a very respected member of the SST community!

I think what I'm saying is if you're going to pick a fight with Hiromoon then you're picking a fight with most of the people on theses Forums. You're just not going to make many new friends here.

wildger said:
Hiromoon said:
And I'm amused at what a moron you've shown yourself to be.

That should be the actual name for yourself. Obviously, you give your opinion about AT-43 but I hardly call it a comparison. You may have seen the Operation Demacole box but I doubt very much that you own the set. Nevermind taking a closer look and try to make a fair comparison.

You say that your painting looks way better. I personally doubt it. How many army have you painted, besides SST? What about WH fantasy, 40k, warmahcine, confrontation, warlord, and many others?

If you feel that the quality of painting worth less than the difference between painted and unpainted figures, you obviously do not know what you are talking about. Shame on you.

BTW, if you cannot accept disagreement on your comments, may as well stay off the forum and come back a few years later when you grow up.

Sorry, but you are criticising an opinion with another opinion. This isn't a science experiment. You two just have a difference of opinion and I doubt either will win the other over to their side (just a feeling here :wink: ). The number of game boxes sold will end up to be the true test I think, but that is only my opinion. :roll:

Bughunt said:
You know Wildger; you didn't so much as make a "disagreement on his comments" as you just attacked him outright.

Hiromoon has contributed far more to our hobby, SST, Mongoose Publishing and these Forums. Than most of us...

He took an insane amount of time to make Cards for all the Units in SST and Custom cards for anybody who wanted them. This was so successful that SST-EVO comes with cards for each unit now.

I suspect that's more than most gamers have ever done for a hobby.

He’s also a very respected member of the SST community!

I think what I'm saying is if you're going to pick a fight with Hiromoon then you're picking a fight with most of the people on theses Forums. You're just not going to make many new friends here.

He's a Cub, Bughunt. He does not yet know of Hiromoon's mighty arsenal of expertly-rolled newspapers. He will learn. He will learn. Hey everyone, aren't Forums fun? :lol:

Thanks Bughunt and Buships. He's new and obviously inexperienced, if a bit of an idiot, he does mean well.

Wildger:

I've painted SST, Warhammer 40,000, Reaper Miniatures, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Inquisitor, Vor, Iron Claw, and Mutant Chronicles. I'm doing test paints for Flames of War too.

Also, I own Operation Demacole. I bought it from a local store here that got three copies in. The other store in my immediate range of travel only got one in, and that gentleman was at that store monday when I was giving the boxed set its first run through.

And I do know, having done some paid work for miniatures painting myself.

Yeah Hiromoon, but if you were the Vl'hurgs, resplendent in your black jewelled battle shorts and I was the G'Gugvuntt leader squatting opposite you in a cloud of green sweet-smelling steam, both of us with a million sleek and horribly beweaponed star cruisers poised to unleash electric death at our single word of command, and you uttered the phrase "a bit of an idiot" to me, we'd both be dead now inside of a small Earth dog, now wouldn't we? :wink: Who knows, you both may become the best of buddies. :lol: I understand that you felt you were attacked, and it looked a bit like that to me. Your added background detail was great, except for the added snip (me saying this while diving head first into the nearest bughole). :lol:

Hiromoon said:
Gotta keep it in terms he can understand afterall.

You're a tough cookie Hiromoon, but we still like you :wink:. As far as AT-43, I'll suspend any personal opinion until I see the minis for myself.

Back