AT-43 minis pictures.

BuShips said:
You're a tough cookie Hiromoon, but we still like you :wink:. As far as AT-43, I'll suspend any personal opinion until I see the minis for myself.

If you're in the DC area I'll be happy to show you.

Hiromoon said:
BuShips said:
You're a tough cookie Hiromoon, but we still like you :wink:. As far as AT-43, I'll suspend any personal opinion until I see the minis for myself.

If you're in the DC area I'll be happy to show you.

The last time I was in D.C. was in 1983, but you never know! :wink: Folks over on TMP are liking them, but many are using the finish as a base for additional detailing. Keep in mind everyone, many of the gamers on the various forums are more "seasoned" gamers/artists than the general public, which will leave them alone and use them as-is. One thing about doing additional work on your collection is to make them identifiably "yours" when you mix them with other player's collections on the table.

The AT-43 stuff is ready to have shading and detailing applied, as it is it's more than acceptable for a gaming table. Much better than some I've played against. I wouldn't put it next to the stuff I've really put some work into, but it's better than stuff I've tried to finish quickly. I think the beauty of this is that it's going to attract gamers who don't want to paint. While being detailed enough for painters to have a go at.
The paintjob is very 'thin' so it doesn't seem to kill the detail of the sculpt.
So, not for a display cabinet, but the prospect of playing against fully painted armies is promising.
And I've got the box, I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised.
Look at it this way, I've read loads of posts on here about painting quality. But I don't know that much about many posters, having said that, I've seen Evil and Hiromoon's stuff and the work they put into gaming, if they are impressed/dissapointed then that says a lot more for the quality of the game than a thousand unsubstantiated complaints or congratulations.

I think I missed a bit out, what I meant was, I'd be more inclined to listen to the opinion of someone who actually has the game and is willing to let his stuff be compared against it than those who are just praising/criticising without backing it up.
See what I mean? You were meant to be the flipside of the Evil coin.
:)

JoseDominguez said:
It was late, I'd just finished writing the simpsons, star wars and the holy grail into the school nativity play :)

Don't tell me you have C3PO, R2D2 and JarJar playing the 3 wise men, being guided to the manger by the light of the exploding Death Star (of Bethlehem of course)? :roll:

Actually played through the first 2 missions last night. Its nice, its KINDA like 40k. I like how you can shoot then move/assault or move/assualt then shoot.

I like how the "Assult phase" is during the move phase, move within 2.5 cm of the enemy, no need for b2b, extra hand weapon, extra attacks, or other lame game breaking stuff.

Side note: I HATE what GW did to the assult phase in 40k, the problem could have been fixed by increasing the point costs of marines, but that would mean they would sell less...

Back to AT-43: The only thing I had to really look at was understanding what I need to roll to shoot/wound.

I like the lack of armor save too.

Well, don't go juggling the Wraith Golgoth around. The small joint connecting the upper body and lower body snaps really easily..especially on carpet.

Hiromoon said:
Well, don't go juggling the Wraith Golgoth around. The small joint connecting the upper body and lower body snaps really easily..especially on carpet.

Maybe that part should have been made of "very-bendy" plastic? :roll:

actulay in the the wraith is secured to its base via a small peace of plastic tube and a screw, if you take that out it does weeken the mini considerably, but then you take that bit out if you wish remodle and glue the thing together or keep it and use it as a transportation ring to keep it in good shape when transported, let me guese you have removed the ring and not put it back ?

my minis have had a good pass around and the method of transportattion has been a plastic bag !!! or my man bag, they rattle around in there all day long, and get thrown around shop to shop, and friends to friends,and they are in great shape, somthing i would never do with any other mini that was painted.

these minis are very durable, well built, and designed to last if looked after (wich im not doing) and are designed with little effort to be taken apart for reposing and painting for those that like the wider hobby, or themes. to acheive this they have done well, they survive some abuse, yet if you must you can prise them apart for remodling, not an easy line to hit you have to admit, but they did it.

um....no. The top half of the Wraith is secured to the bottom half by a thin plastic pin. I was passing it to a friend with a soft underhand toss, he messed up, and the wraith hit the floor. I'm afraid you're experience with the miniatures is probably a rarity, seeing as this is the second wraith golgoth that's had something snap or break off from my understanding.

Hiromoon said:
um....no. The top half of the Wraith is secured to the bottom half by a thin plastic pin. I was passing it to a friend with a soft underhand toss, he messed up, and the wraith hit the floor. I'm afraid you're experience with the miniatures is probably a rarity, seeing as this is the second wraith golgoth that's had something snap or break off from my understanding.

Oh come on Hiro... I'm sire Rackham never intended their models to be tossed across the room regardless of how gingerly it was done or who's butterfingers couldn't catch a friendly pass.

One thing I think we all need to keep in mind regarding the subject matter of this thread... 'yes' it is hosted in the Mongoose SST forums but 'yes' it is about a completely different game. Comparrisons between the two game's pieces are certainly welcome but blatant flaming of one product or the other isn't necessary (IMO). If you want to start a thread on all the greatness of SST... do it. But not in an At-43 (or other off-topic) thread.

Now, if quality is really an issue (and not caused by "mis-use") then that is definitely on-topic in this thread since most of us here want to be sold (one way or the other) on AT-43... hence our involvement here.

My two cents.

Nah, I'm not out and out flaming it. They look ok, but it's nothing to sing praises about really.

And yep, the Storm Golems have the bendy plastic quality to them.

Yup, almost seems like some of the models are made of different plastic.

My golgoth thing came to bits, but I like that, I'd prefer a model to come apart easily without any broken parts..... probably in preperation for add ons, there are alternate heads etc... in some of the scheduled releases.

Looks to me like weapon swaps may be possible in the style of adeptus titanicus :) Which still brings a tear to my eye. Superb game.

Hiromoon said:

ooo gonna have to have a look for that pin now :D i like to fiddle.

also compare that to say a maruader, that is painted, and repeat the exsperiment to keep it fair ? throw your modle to your friend and let him muk up the catch and see how the modle fares ?

i think the prepaineted friction built mini would fare better and be easier to repair.

just cuz the box doesnt say trhow the minis doesnt mean you should ! treat the minis with the same respect as your present minis and there last alot longer.

after ripping mine apart with a knife, i had to put them back together again, to avoid using glue i used rakams orange paint to scure the parts in, and it worked well.

i thik one thing i have learnt from this prepaint excersize is that it would be nice if they gave a list of what exact colours they used so you can modify your machines or do repairs if paint doese by some means ever get chipped of.

im consideing drilling into one to see what colour the plastic is they use, or is it precoloured plastics for sections.

i look at the minis and think the compliment my warmachine hobby well, but i can never see warmachine going prepainted !!!!! but then who knows !!!!! wonder if FOW would go prepainted ?

Given how I've put my marauders together? I'm confident it'll hold up better than the Wraith Golgoth did.

Edit: Woops. Yep...my bad.

Hiromoon said:
*snickers* yep...so I'll pin it and hope it sticks

I haven't seen the model so this suggestion might be mute. Instead of pinning it, could you attach very small Nd magnets to each half? They would reattach the parts as well as provide torso-twist between lower and upper halves maybe. I thought of it because I'm fiddling with 3mm diameter disk mags so that I can have three weapon options (or combinations of them) on my Exo-suits. I'm drilling 1/8" holes in the arms of the Grizzly and Cougar models and counter-sinking the magnets flush (two per arm). I did the same for the weapons. By using two magnets each the weapons don't spin on the hardpoints and instead self-align. So therefore, I just thought I'd offer it up as a repair option idea.

Back