AT-43 minis pictures.

Ok...

Well, the rules are simplistic on both fronts when you get a handle on it....

AT-43 -> I go/ You go system makes it a little more hair-raising.

SST -> I go/ You react system makes you think more about your decisions.

AT-43 -> Combat is pretty lopsided without a 'saving throw'

SST -> Forgiving combat system, giving you the chance to recover before you take a casualty.

AT-43 -> Models are...well.. French, and are alright. They're not 'Oh my god these are AMAZING'. They do grow on you.

SST -> Currently, tricky to assemble, but I feel far more comfortable throwing these guys around.

AT-43 -> Rule book in box set will help you learn french, spanish, italian, and german.

SST -> Isn't such a spend-thrift. Unfortunately, the rules are typical English style, and needs some clarifications.

AT-43 -> Rule book teaches you how to play with scenarios, which unfortunately doesn't help enough. Especially with the size of the book. Honestly, spend the extra money to get a one language rule book.

Let's see...

AT-43 gives you 1 Firetoad, 9 Steel Troopers... 1 Wraith Golgoth, 8 Storm Golems.... 1 container, 1 tape measure, 6 dice, 1 set of cards, 2 nanoresource generators, and 1 play mat.

SST gives you 16 Cap Troopers and 20 Arachnid warriors, cardboard punch outs, 2 d10 and 6 d6, and a decently sized rulebook

Yup.

My local shop doesnt do much besides GW and collectible stuff. I have tried ordering from him before, its too much of a hassle for both of us..

I found it to be a great value at $60

Interesting. I admit that since I have heard that AT-43 has dropped the "army box" idea, I have tossed around the idea of picking up a few Therian mini to use in SST with some cobbled together stats. Don't think that I will get into the game other than that however. Battlefield Evolution is far to interesting for me at this point. :D

well i think you guys have been pretty hard on AT-43

the Initiation box is just that, its designed for people who have never played a wargame befor.

thing is we wargamers can be a little imptient at times, and whant everything now.

the rules are designed to get you used to how their rules work, once the big rule book comes out your take to it like a duck to water.

it actualy represnts realy good value, the evil em[ire would charge £20 for each of the kits for just the big walkers ! the entire box set comes in at £50 retail price.

the Cry havoc magazine comming out, has all the points values in it for whats in the box, also the squads for the humans can be seperated by looing at them ! wich is all extra culpts. they have also spent 3 years palnning this game and playtesting it, and arnt going to rush it out, as a company they never as far as i know miss a release date !!! because they have the stuff in hand 3 months ahead of time ready to go.

i had a game over a friends the other day, i gust threw the contents of the boxset in a bag and ploded over to his place, no need to worry about mini nscratching or breaking !!!!

also troops do get ba save, in the initiation set the get a 5+ cover save if 50% or more of the squad is in cover. wich means hugging cover in the game is very important, only an idiot walks around in the open.

we have realy enjoyed the games we have played so far, and look forward to the next releases next year, and cant wait to get some double armed troops. so i can shoot move shoot :)

i agree with mr evil very kool game . i love hove the walkers can hit infantry behind cover with no interfernce! they game plays well!

Hiromoon said:
Ok...

Well, the rules are simplistic on both fronts when you get a handle on it....

AT-43 -> I go/ You go system makes it a little more hair-raising.

SST -> I go/ You react system makes you think more about your decisions.

AT-43 -> Combat is pretty lopsided without a 'saving throw'

SST -> Forgiving combat system, giving you the chance to recover before you take a casualty.

SST has all its rules out while AT-43 is still waiting for its advanced booklet. What a sophisticated person you are.

AT-43 -> Models are...well.. French, and are alright. They're not 'Oh my god these are AMAZING'. They do grow on you.

SST -> Currently, tricky to assemble, but I feel far more comfortable throwing these guys around.

I am totally disagree with you. More awesome figures from AT-43 are on their way. You still have to be careful about your assembled SST figures. You don't believe me? Mail your SST figures back to you and see how much packaging and damages they suffer.

AT-43 -> Rule book in box set will help you learn french, spanish, italian, and german.

SST -> Isn't such a spend-thrift. Unfortunately, the rules are typical English style, and needs some clarifications.

AT-43 -> Rule book teaches you how to play with scenarios, which unfortunately doesn't help enough. Especially with the size of the book. Honestly, spend the extra money to get a one language rule book.

The Operation Demacole is an introductory box for people who has little or no experience in miniature gaming. The book serves its purpose well.

AT-43 gives you 1 Firetoad, 9 Steel Troopers... 1 Wraith Golgoth, 8 Storm Golems.... 1 container, 1 tape measure, 6 dice, 1 set of cards, 2 nanoresource generators, and 1 play mat.

SST gives you 16 Cap Troopers and 20 Arachnid warriors, cardboard punch outs, 2 d10 and 6 d6, and a decently sized rulebook

You forgot to mentioned that SST figures are unpainted. If you feel that does not matter, I can almost guarantee that you are not a good painter at all.

I am always amused how short-sighted one can be.

Wildger, you can just fuck off. My figures are painted far better than the ones coming out of the boxed set, in a sceme of my choosing without needing a repaint. And I was asked for my opinion on AT-43, and I did. I certainly don't feel like it was worth the $80 I paid for it.

And you get the full rules in the SST boxed set, which is more than could be said for the AT-43 rules.

And I'm amused at what a moron you've shown yourself to be.

MattRendar said:
i agree with mr evil very kool game . i love hove the walkers can hit infantry behind cover with no interfernce! they game plays well!

I thought you were army, Matt, not a marine.

Calm down Hiromoon

your making yourself seem a little unhinged about this :shock:

thing is, AT-43 got there product out first, they have spent 3 years testing it, and there next 3-4 months of releases have all been produced, and ready to ship to shops when they choose.

the game is very good and the mechanics are very clever. there is anamazing game in such simple mechnics.

the minis ! well the fire toad is awsome paintjob wise, its got rust, is got shading and its got the disruption patern on them ! also if you look close at the troops evan thye are wearing camo !!!

also rakam are doing a box set of aditional heads so you can customise your forces, what a brill idea.

Cant wait till next releases for the game, il also do a small force for BF-evo, but i can honestly say the AT-43 is floating my boat more.

dyssnowman said:
Okay Hiromoon,

Personally I trust you to give an unbiased opinion, so give us an honest appraisal comparing AT-43 and SST. Pros and cons of the minis, rules, everything.

Looking forward to it. :D

Isn't "unbiased opinion" an oxymoron? :wink:

I try to be as, well, unbias as I can be....since I demo SST....

That said, last night while playing the game at the local shop, one of the employees told me he didn't like how the miniatures were put together . Another guy who was playing Warhammer FB told me he broked one of the weapons off his striders and ended up gluing them back into place.

God it never ends! :D (We need some more SST news lol)

If people are gonna do comparisons they ought to be fair I think, like maybe $80 Evolution figs (At current suggested price, which appears to be 16 soldiers and a tank) and the AT-43 starter.
If you do that the AT-43 box set appears to win hands down in terms of value for money (The thing that swings it is the terrain I think).
Just a thought...

Im pretty ambivilant to the current range though tbh, but the releases on the horizon are pretty neat.

vUNEL01_1.jpg

vTHEL02_1.jpg

Probably the lone bit that I'll get in any quantity:
BOATAC02BPT.jpg

BOATAC02APT.jpg

ATAC01GD.jpg

And some news from the Distributors:
* Storm Golem Attachment Box $30.00
* Grim Golem $25.00
* Unit Box Assault Medusa $25.00
* Fire Toad 3 $30.00
* Steel Attachment Box $30.00
* Wing Troopers $25.00
* Steel Unit Box $25.00
* Star Troopers $30.00
* Therian Robot C1 $30.00
* Wraith Golgoth Black $40.00
* Wraith Golgoth Red $40.00
* Therian Unit Box $25.00

* Unit Box Assault Medusa $25.00

* Fire Toad 3 $30.00 (does that mean we get 3 of them?)

* Wing Troopers $25.00

* Star Troopers $30.00
* Therian Robot C1 $30.00
* Wraith Golgoth Black $40.00
* Wraith Golgoth Red $40.00

What are these? They sound good.

Hiromoon said:
I try to be as, well, unbias as I can be....since I demo SST....

I wasn't pointing that comment towards you really, but more as a general comment about the term. I was just trying to make a light comment that all reviews have a bias, with it being understood by all that my comments could be biased of course :lol: .

Back