AT-43 minis pictures.

Stratos said:
Oh come on Hiro... I'm sire Rackham never intended their models to be tossed across the room regardless of how gingerly it was done or who's butterfingers couldn't catch a friendly pass.

You do have a point that minis are not generally intended to be thrown around the room. Unless we are talking about warrior bug mini, which may not be meant for throwing but are known for their resilience. :D

Stratos said:
One thing I think we all need to keep in mind regarding the subject matter of this thread... 'yes' it is hosted in the Mongoose SST forums but 'yes' it is about a completely different game. Comparrisons between the two game's pieces are certainly welcome but blatant flaming of one product or the other isn't necessary (IMO). If you want to start a thread on all the greatness of SST... do it. But not in an At-43 (or other off-topic) thread.

Yes this is hosted in the Mongoose SST forum which means that comparisons between the another game system and a Mongoose system are to be expected. And as for blatant flaming of a competitor's product are you surprised? AT-43 is produced by the competition, so it is only natural that some people are going to have some very negative things regarding this topic. And technically, this is an off-topic thread and should be in the Off-Topic section of the forum, not in the SST section.

More specifically, Hiro is not flaming the product in my opinion. He went out, purchased a set himself and gave it a try. He is passing along his own opinions and experiences, at my request no less, not "flaming the competition". The arguement that started a few pages back was the result of an attack by some noob on Hiro, and in my opinion Hiro's response was justified.

Another thing to that you should really consider is that a vast majority of the AT-43 images on this thread were posted by Hiro. If he was just out to flame the system, do you think that he would put the time and effort into finding all of those pictures?

Stratos said:
Now, if quality is really an issue (and not caused by "mis-use") then that is definitely on-topic in this thread since most of us here want to be sold (one way or the other) on AT-43... hence our involvement here.

But really, if you want to be sold on AT-43, shouldn't you go to the Rackham forum? I am not trying to be rude in any way, but think about it logically for a moment. If you wanted to find out about the X-Box 360, would you go to the Playstation 3 forum to ask about it? If you wanted to be sold on Coca-Cola, would you go to a Pepsi forum? These companies are in direct competition with each other and to go to the competitors forum to get sold on something makes no sense at all.

dyssnowman said:
You do have a point that minis are not generally intended to be thrown around the room. Unless we are talking about warrior bug mini, which may not be meant for throwing but are known for their resilience. :D

Well, in an attempt to lighten this thread up just a little :wink: , a funny thing happened today. I needed one of my Warrior Bugs just to fit into a corridor section I had made up and that I was "playing" around with. As I reached up on a shelf of stacked up terrain boards that a few bugs were perched upon, it slipped over the back and bounced down too much like a pinball in a pinball machine, hitting various things until it came to rest without any damage. Fairly durable, I'd say. On the other hand, I once dropped one that needed to have an arm glued back, but that was easy. All-in-all, we can do a drop test on many models and find that either they are damaged or they are not. Sometimes it's just the physics of how they hit and what they hit (hard floor, carpet, etc.). In other words, sometimes it's just a roll of the old die that either rewards us or not with a saving throw on our models no matter what they're made of. One thing for sure is that I'll not volunteer any of my minis for an intentional drop test, heh.

more news update

2007 first quarter new releases plan for AT-43.

We remind you that this is a projected schedule and that it can be (and will be) modified according to the production and distribution necessities. It can thus undergo light modifications.

Mid-January 2007 :

- CRY HAVOC 12

- Ava Daily n°1

- UNEL01 Unit Box : Steel troopers
Box of 6 miniatures + 6 alternative heads.
• 3 cards : Steel trooper / Steel trooper with alternative equipment / Steel trooper sergeant

- THEL02 Unit Box Storm golems
Box of 6 miniatures.
• 3 cards : Storm golem (x3)

- ATAC02 Accessory Expansion Set 2

Mid-February 2007 :

- Ava Daily n° 2

- UNTA01 Unit Box : Steel TacArm
Box of 3 miniatures
• 3 Steel TacArm + 1 Torso / kit leader, with laser gun x 2
• 2 cards : Steel TacArm / Sergeant Steel TacArm

- THTA01 Unit Box : Bane goliath
Box of 3 miniatures
• 3 Bane Goliath + 1 Torso / kit leader, with nucleus gun x 2
• 2 cards : BG/BG alpha

- UNC102 Unit Box : Fire Toad Damocles + Container

- UNC103 Unit Box : Fire Toad with weapons variants, new color + Container
1 fire toad with light laser cannon (x 2) + 1 container (with new card and weapon)

- ATAC01 Accessory Expansion Set 1

Mid-March 2007 :

- AT-43, Advanced Rules

- Ava Daily n°3

- CRY HAVOC 13

- THC202 Wraith golgoth Damocles + Container

- THC203 Wraith golgoth weapon variant, new color + Container
1 WG with medium nucleus cannon/medium sonic cannon + 1 container (with new weapon)
• 3 cards : WG (medium nucleus cannon/medium sonic cannon)/WG (with new weapon)

- THEL03 Attachment Box : Storm golems
Box of 6 miniatures
1 Storm Golem overseer with nano blaster/reaper blades
2 Storm Golem with sonic gun
2 Storm Golem with flamer
1 Storm Golem with nano blaster/reaper blades
• 7 cards : 5 overseer cards + 1 SG with sonic gun + 1 SG with flamer

- UNEL02 Attachment Box : Steel troopers
Box of 6 miniatures
1 Steel Trooper officer with laser rifle/combat knife/grenades
1 ST with missile launcher
1 ST with MG
1 ST with laser gun
1 ST medic with laser rifle/combat knife/grenades
1 ST mecano with laser rifle/combat knife/grenades
6 alternative heads with optic google
• 8 cards : 5 officer cards + 1 ST with missile launcher + 1 ST with MG + 1 SG with laser gun

- UNRE01 Unit Box : Star troopers
Box of 8 miniatures
7 Star Troopers with assault rifle/combat knife/grenades/headpiece + 1 ST with machine gun
8 alternative heads + 1 leader head + 1 leader head variant
• 3 cards : Star trooper/Star trooper optic google/Star trooper Sergeant

Mid-April 2007 - part of the April new releases:

- THC101 Unit Box : Hekat Mecha 1
C1 Therian Mecha
• 2 cards : Hekat + Hekat Alpha

- THRE01 Unit Box : Assault medusa
4 Assault Medusa with nucleus rifle + 1 AM with nucleus gun
1 kit leader

All of the AT-43 sets are being released in the same month for each language/country. There may be some delays due to shipping/customs, but those are universal release dates.

Ive been waiting for a preview of these. And to be honest, I dont think I should have been so eager. Maybe when I see them painted. I prefer the original 2 factions, but will probably get the other human one (not red blok).

Well I got it, and now I'm not sure if I want to keep it. The rules are sound and everything, it's easy enough to play. I very much like the white stars army look.

But I've already got two SST armies, I plan to buy into BFE, and there's a dwindling list of players in my area.

If anyone is interesting in buying the box off me, I'd be willing to sell cheap. But, otherwise, I'll eventually ebay the box and probably pickup actual army boxes in the future.

I do like the terrain though, it's cool that they're releasing terrain boxes in the future.

Here is a suggestion for the extra heads- use them for "trophies" to adorn the alien machines, mounted either on metal pikes or perhaps as a "string of beads" hanging from the sides. :wink:

dyssnowman said:
Jeff Cope said:
Geez. I think you guys are being a bit hard on Rackham.

Jeff, this is the Mongoose Publishing Forum. Let's be realistic here; did you think that people would be sitting hear singing the praises of another company?

If anything, the lack of control the Mongoose shows over its own forum is one thing that has always bugged me. I know for a fact that on other game company forums, if you start to discuss another company or their game, the thread is shut down. Period. The forum is to discuss the company's products not the competitors.

IMHO
I Think this is because Mongoose knows what most others forgot.

Anything that helps grow the hobby will help Mongoose over time.
If this game gets folks thinking about per paints for a game, and then Mongoose releases thier game with better painted stuff, its a great win fo Mongoose.

But in the long run the more new folks that can be brought to the hobby the better for Mongoose, they make many products and this is where thier largest strength is, yes thay have to becareful of over extending.

Mongoose is set to become a Leader in the next 4-8 years, I hope these concepts are not lost when that happens.

Lee

Storm Golem w/ Flamer
Flammer.jpg
Flammer_card.jpg

Overseer
Overseer.jpg
Overseer_card.jpg

Now those are sweet! Thanks Hiro!

Too bad that did put them on square bases with big AT-43 embossed in gold leaf on them to signify their debut release or something... sorry, anti-Star Wars Miniatures rant has now bled here. :twisted:

Hey, go ahead. I'd love to do the Starwars Space ship game, but when I have to buy at least 100 boxes just to assemble a good Imperial Battle fleet (I like being accurate, so I need a ton of Ties), meh!

Hiromoon said:
Storm Golem w/ Flamer
Flammer.jpg
Flammer_card.jpg

Overseer
Overseer.jpg
Overseer_card.jpg

wow very nice, althought thats not an overseer i believe but a storm golem alpha, basicly a normal storm golem but with command assets.

looks easy to kill as well :( but lovley modle

*shrugs* My bad. It'll go down nicely under the White Star laser rifles. BTW, cover is your friend on a 5+

Edit: Well, best to destroy the links to those images now...kinda copyrighted to Tabletop Gaming news.

A lot of appearance similarities between these Storm Golems and Necrons... not that I mind since I love the design of Necrons.

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=5144

For the pictures go here instead...

I so don't want to loose my photobucket account....

Another group of pictures...
(Colonel, Steel Trooper w/ MG, Mechanic/Engineer)
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=5168

Sgt, Mst Sgt, LT, Cpt
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/?p=5179

the tgn guy is a bit of a plonker, the rakam page contacted me and appolagised for his actions, as they release pics to him for him to post and them people to circulate and cause excitment in the community, buts hes got himself a bit hight and all mighty of late, and thinks he owns all images released to him, and is just after website traffic.

you should have seen the messages he sent me, not very polite at all !

he says hes scanning them i n from pics hes been sent making out hes the only one in the world with privy to them and owns them, he doese more damage to the hobby community at times than he doese good.

what he should have done with any inteligence was produce thumbnails people can post on other sites if hes that desperate for internet traffic.

welcome to the internet, where freedom of information is slowly being removed.

Back