AT-43 minis pictures.

I got shipping confirmation from thewarstore yesterday. The box should be here Monday.

I HATE painting, so I must support a prepainted, non-clicky game.

I look forward to playing this.

BTW: When does the pre-painted SST stuff come out?

Ok, I've picked up the Operation box.. not bad....I evne opened up the firetoad....I can't blame them for gluing the door shut..

Hiromoon said:
Ok, I've picked up the Operation box.. not bad....I evne opened up the firetoad....I can't blame them for gluing the door shut..

Haven't seen them yet so I must ask... why can't you blame them?

Worse painting than the Battlefield evo stuff but better and more charactorful figures for the most part.

Some of the pre view figures shown on the Rackham forum are utterly beautiful but they have not yet been prepainted however I am not sure how well they will go down

Stratos said:
Hiromoon said:

Haven't seen them yet so I must ask... why can't you blame them?

Lets say there's little to the insides, the couch for the pilot looks a little out of scale....and why on earth would you put hte controls so far back?

They're alright...the paint job is like something done in a hurry.... It's a decent look, but gimme unpainted SST figures any day!

I have found the paint jobs to be quite neat. No "running over the line"

They are table top quality, I have, and will pay for this level of quailty.

The small details are missing, thats all.

Make no mistake, painting snobs will turn their nose up at them, but these are the BEST pre-painted minis I have ever seen. If the Pre-painted SST (have we got a date on those yet?) and BE figs look better, then I cant wait!

Based on the preview minis that they have shown us, SST:Evo will be much higher quality than AT-43. In fact, about the time Mongoose started posting pics of the production models for SST:Evo, Rackham had already released pics of their production models. The originals were absolutely appalling compared to what Mongoose had unvielled. Within a week, Rackham went back to the factory and came back with the current paint scheme that is included in the Damocles set.

yup, plus At-43 is bendy plastic.
I like the assembly though...... everything comes apart easily to repaint/convert.
Or in other words, they aren't glued together very well :)

JoseDominguez said:
yup, plus At-43 is bendy plastic.
I like the assembly though...... everything comes apart easily to repaint/convert.
Or in other words, they aren't glued together very well :)

At-43 is NOT bendy plastic. The thin claws may bend, the same as they would under any company. This is not D&D mnis type plastic.

I have the set, the figures feel just as solid as any SST or 40K squad.

It is Styrene Plastic, like any ordinary (GW) figure.

SST is ABS Plastic - try to break a Tyranid Carnifex's arm with your hands - it works.
Then go and try to break a Warrior Bug's upper jaw. It doesn't work.

That's the difference.

Also ABS weights far less.

shakespear said:
Make no mistake, painting snobs will turn their nose up at them, but these are the BEST pre-painted minis I have ever seen. If the Pre-painted SST (have we got a date on those yet?) and BE figs look better, then I cant wait!

It is always amused me how many will look down at these prepainted figures and yet very few of these same people can even bring out a whole army (~40 figures) to show off. Moreover, when you actually present them with actual bare metal figures, they often shy away and say that they are still painting up some other figures. Yes, AT-43 figures are not display models but definitely above average tabletop quaility. The two walkers in the set are also covered with a lot of decals. Except for the fine details, the painting scheme is nicely done. Yes, an expert painter can make it look better but honestly not that much more. Consider the amount of time needed to paint up a model and the minimal improvement in appearance, it is not worth it. A few highlight, wash and touch up are all you need to make these models look better. In addition, AT-43 is going to be played more than a skirmish level than confrontation, although it may not be as large as 40k. I see no reason of re-painting the whole army from skratch.

I got it too..not exactly worth $80.

$60 would have been better. I played it tonight. Some of it is fun, some of it is far more...frustrating after playing SST.

Okay Hiromoon,

Personally I trust you to give an unbiased opinion, so give us an honest appraisal comparing AT-43 and SST. Pros and cons of the minis, rules, everything.

Looking forward to it. :D

Back