Armageddon shipviewer, help keep me honest.

Well I've been working on the shipviewer today.

A to D inclusive are up to Armageddon standard, including the Ancients, but they're not online yet. I've even hacked Obby;s Interceptor code (In a very nasty way) to give the Thoughtforce it's Thought shield bubbles.

I've been checking the ships against SFOS standard as I go, spotted a few errors in Centauri and EA, maybe some others, fixed and updated the online versions.

A to E are up to SFOS standard. Unfortunately I've not broken the back of it, I still have the Minbari, Narn, vorlons and Shadows to deal with, ah well.

LBH

Right, the core of the Armageddon Shipviewer is done, all fleets have been brought up to SFOS standard as a part of this, and all Armageddon tweaks made, I think.

I'll post it up sometime this weekend, hopefully, and then get to work on the extra bits like S&P material and the EM war.

LBH

Woot!?

Ehrm, waiting to see your promised extra gadgets :p

The waiting time has made us anxious and we want to see all frills :D

Not so much extra gadgets as a reformatting of the main page, extra S&P and EM War content and ISDs on the fighter listings.

Plus I limit fighter selection in the cases where it is limited, Nemesis, Shadow Omega, etc.

LBH

Well it's up now, S&P 28 and 36 bits included, not done the EM War as I'm not quite sure whether to use SFOS or Early EA fleets, I suppose I could have written up the unique ships and let you sort it out, maybe next weekend.

If you see any errors please let me know here or via PM.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Well the Sag has been up for a while now, since the mag came out.

So how come no stations or satellites on yours?

LBH
Eh? What are the green links then :p
On the printable sheets that is... they aren't on the online browsing version yet cos I am lazy, and rarely use them... and its labelled as a "known issue" at the top ;)

Burger said:
Eh? What are the green links then :p
On the printable sheets that is... they aren't on the online browsing version yet cos I am lazy, and rarely use them... and its labelled as a "known issue" at the top ;)

Just you wait, if I get the time this weekend, I'll eap frog you in content.

LBH

lastbesthope said:
Well I didn't know it was a competition :p

But as I've said before, I think our ship viewers are aimed at different markets. Mine are better for tournaments or one-off games (3 ships per sheet, crit tables and all stats included) whereas yours are better for campaign play (room for ship name, CQ, refits and notes.

Chernobyl said:
yeah but mine are the prettiest... :p
Yours are also the smallest :p

Something I'd like to see, is a campaign fleet management web site. That would be really cool. So I could enter my ships onto it, with their names and CQ. Then during the campaign I could add XP, change CQ, apply refits, etc. Then press a button to print it off, ready for the game. All data is saved for my next visit of course.

Maybe I'll get round to it, one day...

Something I'd like to see, is a campaign fleet management web site. That would be really cool. So I could enter my ships onto it, with their names and CQ. Then during the campaign I could add XP, change CQ, apply refits, etc. Then press a button to print it off, ready for the game. All data is saved for my next visit of course.

Maybe I'll get round to it, one day...

Been toying with that since before SFoS... Matt even offerred me a fleet box if I could get it done for a companion CD to SFoS. *shrug* Too bad I never really managed to get it all sorted out.

On a related note, I'm looking to release an offline version of my combat sim for everyone to download and play with some time this week. Had to do a complete re-write of the thing since I lost the original source code. Won't be making that mistake this time, plus the source code will be going out with it so that people can tweak it to their heart's content.

lastbesthope said:
Burger said:
lastbesthope said:
Well I didn't know it was a competition :p

Well I never got the new content done this weekend anyway, but between you and me, there is no competition :lol: :p

LBH

Indeed. All the competition is far, far ahead of the two of you.

:twisted:

Back