Armageddon for the Dilgar

Alexb83 said:
Burger said:
Alexb83 said:
To quote the Armageddon book itself: "The Crusade Era brought a rush of technologies for all races who joined the Interstellar Alliance... From the powerful Narn Ka'Bin'Tak to a re-jigged Victory, you will find a host of new ships to take advantage of the new Armageddon Priority Level".
Yes a fair number of the Crusade-era ships use Armageddon level, but that doesn't mean the Armageddon level only has crusade-era ships in it. Where does it say that it does?

I never said that it did, what I did say was:

"its intent at least in part seems to be an effort to represent the more advanced ships of the Crusade Era, and those of the Ancients."
So you agree that there is another part, which is not for the more advanced ships of the crusade era?

Yes, I already did agree. Although perhaps you specifically mean the Vorlons and the Shadows? I think I also mentioned them "the ancients" in the above quote, didn't I?

And, as an aside - aren't /all/ the Armageddon ships to date either Vorlons, or Shadows, or ships made to include their technology and equate to the power of their ships after their departure?

you know my eldar hadnt recieved anything new for about 7 years, and then after all that all they got was a pretty pants character, doesnt mean they stagnated, doesnt mean eldar armies for 40k stopped being sold. give mongoose a few months at least to give you new stuff, the dilgar and drakh havent been out that long compared to the rest of the fleets.

katadder said:
you know my eldar hadnt recieved anything new for about 7 years, and then after all that all they got was a pretty pants character, doesnt mean they stagnated, doesnt mean eldar armies for 40k stopped being sold. give mongoose a few months at least to give you new stuff, the dilgar and drakh havent been out that long compared to the rest of the fleets.

This isn't 40K, nor is it GW - its like trying to compare apples and buffalo.

TenaciousB said:
katadder said:

Enough TenaciousB! Matt said a couple of months less than 1 month ago. He said he was working on new Dilgar stuff. Now if you feel the need to complain about how you have been so discriminated against as a dilgar player, who's supplement has been out less than 1 year, deal with it. If you don't have something new by the end of January, then start your wrath. The only thing you have managed to do, since you for the most part only care if you have some giagantor ship that costs $50 that will be a paper weight because of the PL, is make people upset at you.

Dave

Davesaint said:
TenaciousB said:
Enough TenaciousB! Matt said a couple of months less than 1 month ago. He said he was working on new Dilgar stuff. Now if you feel the need to complain about how you have been so discriminated against as a dilgar player, who's supplement has been out less than 1 year, deal with it. If you don't have something new by the end of January, then start your wrath. The only thing you have managed to do, since you for the most part only care if you have some giagantor ship that costs $50 that will be a paper weight because of the PL, is make people upset at you.

Dave

Mate, seriously, take it easy - he's allowed to say what he wants and quite frankly I don't why so many people seem to take a personal affront to the fact that Dilgar players want a new model to paint and coo over, isn't that one of the reasons why we play after all?

Rock on Tenacious_B, the last best hope for Dilgar everywhere! (which is kinda funny since they are all dead apparently :twisted: )

Hash,

Sorry, but this is the type of whining that makes game designers put projects on the back burner. Frankly if I was Matt and I had TenacousB whining every day "I want an Armageddon Level Ship for the Dilgar" it would not make me want to rush through and design one, much less playtest one. All I am asking for is 2 things (and yes I have read every post on this topic):

1) Patience with Matt
2) Actual rational discussion regarding the needs of the Dilgar. See SNJ's new topic.

Dave

Davesaint said:

Dave

Enough? You're telling me enough?? Who died and made u El Predidente?

I don't think so, dude - I reckon u need to have a coke and a smile. I'm just venting frustrations on this forum, like lots of other people have done over the years. It took a year or so for the Saggi to be fixed, and it was mentioned on this forum almost every week. Were you trolling at those people, or are you another one who likes to single me out for wanting support of my favourite fleet?

I don't really care if people get upset at me, and I don't think this is nearly enough.

TenaciousB said:
Davesaint said:

Dave

Enough? You're telling me enough?? Who died and made u El Predidente?

I don't think so, dude - I reckon u need to have a coke and a smile. I'm just venting frustrations on this forum, like lots of other people have done over the years. It took a year or so for the Saggi to be fixed, and it was mentioned on this forum almost every week. Were you trolling at those people, or are you another one who likes to single me out for wanting support of my favourite fleet?

I don't really care if people get upset at me, and I don't think this is nearly enough.

No TenaciousB I am not trolling this board. There are alot of issues with ACTA that I have been very vocal about, such as the Sag, Basing Conventions and other topics. What has angered me about this thread is that it isn't accomplishing anything. You appear to have no faith that Matt will ever do anything for your Dilgar ever again. In 25 pages of posts I have not heard 1 good reason or idea for any further Dilgar designs. The Crux of your argument is that other races got ships in Armageddon, why didn't I? You have completely ignored the fact as Matt and others have indicated that Armageddon was actually written in April, roughly 2 months after the release of the Dilgar and 5 months Before the release of the Drahk. Yet you continue to claim that no one is listening to you. What I am suggesting is for you and others who want to see their races expand, to make some constructive comments, come up with some designs, and submit them for comment. Give an example of what you think the race needs, including stats with a logical reason why and you might get a lot farther in convincing others of the need to change.

Dave

TenaciousB said:
katadder said:

true its not GW but its an idea to how long you wait with them and thats a core game. as has been said the dilgar and drakh are both only recent releases, everyone else had to wait from SFOS for their new stuff, they didnt complain when the dilgar and drakh came out. why make those books those races only? dilgar book could have had some new EA/league ships for that era that fought in the dilgar war as i pointed out earlier the league at that time was very sparse on ships. the drakh book could have had new ISA ships used in the fight against them. have patience and who knows what the future may bring.

hiffano said:
I gotta know about the benny hill scenario!

No probs, Hiff! Here it is in a nutshell:

The Benny Hill is a multiplayer type of game, designed for 3 or more players.

The basic rules are:
1. Each player has only one target; so, for example, player A goes for player B, player B goes for player C, and player C goes for player A.

2. If a player retaliates against the player that was going for them and destroys a ship, that player gets their ship back as a new, reinforced ship next turn.

3. Each player only gets VP’s for destroying the fleet that they are to engage.

Thats pretty much it. Its just a mechanic to allow multiple players, but also makes sure some poor ba*d doesn't get ganged-up on. Still needs a bit of refining, but it is quite fun, and it allows odd-numbers of people to play at once.

TenaciousB,

We should have another crack at doing a Benny Hill scenario and make a battle report for the site in the next couple of weeks what do you think?

Back