Armageddon for the Dilgar

TenaciousB said:
ARMAGEDDON FOR THE DILGAR!!!!

But why? :?

I don't see why the Dilgar should get an Armageddon ship, if that's what is being asked for

I don't like that everyone and their dog seemed to get such ships myself, it made sense to bump up the first ones and the victory but as we see with the warlock backlash just giving everyone armageddon ships wasn't a great idea.
So why should the 30 year dead Dilgar get any?

emperorpenguin said:
TenaciousB said:
ARMAGEDDON FOR THE DILGAR!!!!

But why? :?

I don't see why the Dilgar should get an Armageddon ship, if that's what is being asked for

I don't like that everyone and their dog seemed to get such ships myself, it made sense to bump up the first ones and the victory but as we see with the warlock backlash just giving everyone armageddon ships wasn't a great idea.
So why should the 30 year dead Dilgar get any?

Because the man wants one obviously!

Have you considered converting the alternate history Dilgar from Babcom? That is the supplement mentioned at the beginning of this thread and I currently lack the means (ie a complete set of the ACTA rules) to convert them myself.
If people are definitive about they must have an Armageddon level ship for everyone they could always convery the alternate history stuff, or their own alternate history ideas, and submit them to S&P. If you wanted to copy the fluff you have my permission (as long as I still get the credit, hell I'd even rewrite it if you wanted) just dig out the old babcom and have a look.
Historically however Dilgar should never get an Armageddon level ship. While I realise B5W never had the engagement levels (and the Mishakur is on a par with the Nova dreadnought, which is better as a gunship than the Omega, but the Omega is a better cruiser) and so one races battleship ie the Descari one, is only equivalent to some races heavy cruiser.
Most of the league should never get an armageddon level ship, though there is space for conjectural or alternate history ships.

In general take a bit of inspiration from what B5W players did, which was produce an awful lot of unofficial, but reasonably playtested, stuff.

It didn't start out as a deliberate crusade just to get the Dilgar an Armageddon ship, although many people have commented on the fact that the Dilgar shouldn't get one. The crusade started because the Dilgar (and the Drakh) got feck-all in an otherwise useless expansion.

However, a lot of people have sided with the crusade to give the Dilgar an Armageddon level ship - after all, the Armageddon priority level is essentially a mechanic to allow ACTA players to field ships greater in power than War level (turning it to 11, so to speak :D ).

Maybe Mongoose will give me new Dilgar stuff for xmas.....

I've no problem with Dilgar and Drakh getting new stuff, I did ask Matt why the Drakh mothership wasn't Armageddon level in playtesting but for whatever reason the powers that be didn't take it on board.

In my personal view only the first ones and a few select post-Victory & Excalibur ships should have been Armageddon, therefore not the Warlock and not any Dilgar.
More Dilgar ships though would be cool

The Drakh deserve an Armageddon level ship(heck, based on the stuff in the Vorlon/Shadows book the Drakh will be a problem hundreds of years down the road so they definately have the time to do it). The Dilgar probably shouldn't but perhaps some extra ships at lower priorities to expand their variety(say ships representing experimental prototypes that were never mass deployed) would be good.

From what I've seen and heard, Armageddon PL seems to be a huge waste of time and a waste of an opportunity for a decent expansion of the game. I haven't entered the debate deliberately about the Warlock, simply because I don't play EA, so I can't really make an informed decision either way. But I certainly believe that a game expansion should be for ALL players, not just for the ones that seem to make the most money, but there u go. The Drakh and Dilgar need time to "bed in", so I'm told, as do the Armageddon ships, so roll on V2.

msprange said:
Rest assured, the Drakh and Dilgar have by no means been forgotten. . .
*Bump*.

4 months later... 4 issues of S&P later... and there is no new Drakh or Dilgar stuff. In fact this month's S&P had no ACTA stuff whatsoever.

Any news?

It's like i said in the G'Koth thread...

thePirv said:
So now the Dilgar are waiting until Second Edition for more proper official stuff?

And then what of the Drakh? Hell, maybe the Drakh players will actually get a model for the Mothership when second edition releases.

Too many promises made and not kept. Things hinted at then forgotten about when the pressure was off.

I reckon this entire argument is pointless, because even if an official statement is made saying that the T'Koch or whatever it's called will be in 2e, that doesn't mean it will be. I'd take just about all "Official" statements made with a tablespoon of salt, never mind a pinch of salt.

There's been plenty of new stuff and support for ACTA in the mean time...

EA:
The Tantalus

Drazi:
The Sleekbird
The Eyebird

Pak'mara:
Whole Fleet!

Narn:
T'Rakk

The Vree:
Z'Takk (re-modelled from Armageddon version)

Ok so no Drakh or Dilgar stuff but they're still um...in bed? ;) Seriously though I'm sure you'll get some attention soon...2nd edition is what, 5-6 months away? (barring any delays...::fingers crossed ::)

Oh, I'm sure we'll see new stuff in v2, but we were told stuff would be forthcoming before v2.

Hell, we don't get stuff because we're new and "bedding in" while the Narn got a couple of nes ships in Armageddon and then the T'Rakk not 2 months later. And this is just an example of unfair treatment of the Drakh and Dilgar, not an attack on the Narn players out there.

It's not like we're asking much, a new official ship or 2, hells even variants would do just to help us feel included in the community.

Funny, I remember making all these statements months ago, but it seems that not a single one is listened to. So much for the company that listens t its fans.

Hash said:
There's been plenty of new stuff and support for ACTA in the mean time...
Don't forget the reworked Command Omega, the Tiger Starfury (even has its own mini!!!), updated Sag (though we'll let that one go)...

Yeah, there certainly has been a lot of stuff released for Acta of the past few months, yet us Dilgar and Drakh players are still feeling left out.

Still feeling left out, so I made a very noble choice - I voted with my wallet and I don't play Acta anymore. Simple as.

TenaciousB said:
Yeah, there certainly has been a lot of stuff released for Acta of the past few months, yet us Dilgar and Drakh players are still feeling left out.

Still feeling left out, so I made a very noble choice - I voted with my wallet and I don't play Acta anymore. Simple as.
Noble maybe, however there wasn't anything promised for these two races beyond the Drakh releases yet to see stores! Since SFoS has been released, these are the two races with by far the most stuff created and released for them! Everything goes in cycles and the next major cycle for both of these races is 2nd ed.

With the Drakh Mothership though - I really feel for everyone out there as the wait has been excessive to say the least.

Maybe nothing was promised but that still is a very poor track record given the races in question were left out of the last major release. For me it is a matter of being asked to put faith in a companies expertise and good intentions, then seeing them drop the ball repeatedly and not follow through on statements. Sooner or later your faith gets broken and you know you've been suckered.

It has been months, Matt did say they were not forgotten and that we would see stuff in the coming months... I don't know as a marketing guy I guess I would feel that a bump every six months was the absolute minimum if I wanted folks to believe in me. At the very least I would lay out some sort of overall view for folks on where the projected priorities lay (say major races every two months, minor every four, dead/left races every six?) bump doesn't even have to be new ships/stats...maybe just new scenarios, a character, a unique ship, something that is not general use, just a little pat on the back to say 'we remember ya'.

(could be wrong here but didn't Ghosts of Omelos come out in the last six months?)

Ripple

Back