Armageddon for the Dilgar

Ripple said:
Maybe nothing was promised but that still is a very poor track record given the races in question were left out of the last major release. Ripple

I don't know why the Drakh mothership wasn't boosted to Armageddon in that release but on the other side of the coin I can't see, given the brief we were given (ie crusade era) how the Dilgar could have been included.

I wish the Dilgar book had been done more like the Earth-Minbari one anyway, with opposing fleets of that era and a campaign. That was a missed opportunity.

It really was! I was expecting something like that and was really disappointed. I had hoped to see period League opponents.

On the other hand something could have been added much like Ghosts of Omelos, or a plan for an unbuilt ship found among the war criminals effects left behind on B5, or even stored among with those who harbored her for so long. Maybe even a real ship secreted away and intended to be a misdirection element. A proto-type seized at the end of the war and being studied by covert earth. Lots of potential stories here.

The series is riddled with secret organizations among all races, so not terribly canon conflicted to have relic ships out there. Share the ship with the raiders and you help two fleets. Make sense with raider that they might have salvaged a few of these. Give it pre-defeat and salvaged stats.

Ripple

I have offered to do a scenario book or three to matt for certain eras/battles, and he said he would consider it, and has apparantly downloaded the Narn supplement myself and Morg did, but that was a month or so ago, and I have heard nothing back since. I even tried to get a Centauri player to come up with a few ships, but alas he was too busy, indeed he hasn't posted in ages.

hiffano said:
I have offered to do a scenario book or three to matt for certain eras/battles, and he said he would consider it, and has apparantly downloaded the Narn supplement myself and Morg did, but that was a month or so ago, and I have heard nothing back since. I even tried to get a Centauri player to come up with a few ships, but alas he was too busy, indeed he hasn't posted in ages.

You want some Centauri ships? (ears prick up...)

They would have been a few prototype or unique ships, for example, I did a Shadow Vorchan and a Shadow Primus as something interesting for a scenario book on the shadow/Centauri assault on Narn.
Of course It would possibly be a) out of date in 6 months, b) have no official meaning at all, c) would have the damned fanheads beat the Narn, ggrrrrrr

Would have been nice to hear back from Matt though :-(
I felt 3-4 £5 scenario books didn't break wallets, were fleet specific, and added some extra depth, could even have included a few period campaigns with defined fleet lists using some of the less popular ships, and as Mine and Morgs Narn book was well received, I reckoned we could have a go at them!.... maybe it's still in his "to do " file.

I'll volunteer to do some Centauri ships if you want them for anything.

I had been planning to do the Narn war of independence until you guys beat me to it.

I'd like to see campaign books myself.

I will send Matt a mail seeing if he had time to review the work and whether it's a possible go-er? and then if so, I'll let you know

Well it seems the promised Dilgar S&P stuff never happened. So lets see what 2e has for them, if they are even included??

in fairness, there was never a set date for the S+P stuff, so it could be due AFTER 2nd ed!

Thread Necromancy!!!! I love it!!!

In all seriousness, I'm hoping 2nd ed will contain some lovely Dilgar stuff, but anything is better than nothing I suppose. I've still to find time to playtest those Dilgar ships I came up with....

maybe if they had had more love and a better upbringing they would not have blown up all those planets etc :wink:

image2eb3.jpg

What do you call Jha'Dur in a box?

INNIT!

That's quite impressive threadomancy.
You are hereby promoted to "Thread Liche".

As far as the Dilgar are concerned - armageddon-priority just says 'no' to me. I'm happy to be disagreed with/ignored/overruled/bribed*, but my personal view is that nothing should make armageddon priority without at least drakh/minbari technology on it, and preferably shadow/vorlon.

By definition an armageddon-priority ship should be able to break a Sharlin-class warcruiser across its knee, and that just feels wrong for something built by a race who got the stuffing kicked out of them by the B5 crew's parents.

Unique ships, and class variants maybe. I'm currently reading the Dilgar War novel, and dedicated missile ships and a unique dreadnought (the Deathwalker) both jump out as something possible to add to the fleet.

* unlikely but it never hurts to ask...

This thread is pretty much redundant now, seeing as the game has pretty much died (up for debate, I'm sure, but the lack of activity on this board for weeks is a pretty good indicator of this), but this is exactly the kind of attitude to the game that annoys me, and has stopped my group from playing.

Now, before people call me a troll, I'm not here for a fight. People are allowed their views and I respect them.

Firstly, it's the fact that so many people say an Armageddon level ship should never be in the hands of the Dilgar that really gets my goat. Armageddon level is not a level based on the history or faculties of the B5 universe - it is a demonstration of power. There's no good reason for any race to be left out of the updates.

Secondly, as far as canonicity goes, this is a redundant argument. There are a number of ships for all races that have just been created to fulfill weaknesses in fleets, but had no role in the show.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents worth. Pointless debate anyway :lol:

Secondly,

Back