Armageddon for the Dilgar

locarno24 said:
By definition an armageddon-priority ship should be able to break a Sharlin-class warcruiser across its knee, and that just feels wrong for something built by a race who got the stuffing kicked out of them by the B5 crew's parents.
That's the bit that gets my goat. Yes the EA kicked the Dilgar's butts. But in series 4, Delenn's WS fleet kicked a Drakh Mothership's butt - years before the Victory class was built. So it clearly is possible to kill an Armageddon level ship using a swarm of Raid level ships. Which part of this logic doesn't transfer to the EA/Dilgar war? The Dilgar could have had an Armageddon level ship, that was killed by a bunch of Raid or below EA ships (10 Sag anyone!!).

TenaciousB said:
Secondly, as far as canonicity goes, this is a redundant argument. There are a number of ships for all races that have just been created to fulfill weaknesses in fleets, but had no role in the show.

Any discussion about Dilgar ships can't get anywhere near canonicity (great word that, where did you find it? :lol: ) as we saw exactly none of their fleet during any show.

For me the focus should be on ISDs. Look when most of the Armageddon level ships come into service. It's a technology thing. If the Dilgar had the tech to build Armageddon ships, other people would have too. They just didn't reach that point before their sun went nova.

Poi said:
For me the focus should be on ISDs. Look when most of the Armageddon level ships come into service. It's a technology thing.
PL != tech. Proof: Bin'Tak, Corumai...

They don't need an armageddon ship. They have two choices at war and two variants on those choices. That's plenty. Give me two war ships over an armageddon ship any day.

Poi said:
For me the focus should be on ISDs. Look when most of the Armageddon level ships come into service. It's a technology thing. If the Dilgar had the tech to build Armageddon ships, other people would have too. They just didn't reach that point before their sun went nova.

It's only an ISD thing because Mongoose says so, but since when did they get things right first time? I'm just saying that using the old chestnut about the Dilgar not getting an Arma ship becuase they are a dead race is pointless - Mongoose is quite happy to produce a fleet that can be played in tournaments against fleets 30 or so years older than it in B5 terms. The Dilgar should have got as much support and respect as the other races.

And as for the races that don't have an Arma ship? Give them one as well. Even the playing field in terms of PL choices.

Lord David the Denied said:
They don't need an armageddon ship. They have two choices at war and two variants on those choices. That's plenty. Give me two war ships over an armageddon ship any day.

I'll take the Adira over two Octurions.............. :wink:

Put Jha'Dur on a War level ship = Armegeddon Level ship :wink:

I'd like to see for the Dilgar:

Sekhmet, Thorun Mk 111's, several Unique ships Jha'Durs two flagships (Enhanced Sekhmet and Deathwalker Dreadnought (Both War, but could make special combination ship with Jha'Dur and cool bits as armeged?) and the stealth ship sent against Earth.

perhaps the suicide frigates but difficult to balance...........?

I'd like to see for the Dilgar:

Sekhmet, Thorun Mk 111's, several Unique ships Jha'Durs two flagships (Enhanced Sekhmet and Deathwalker Dreadnought (Both War, but could make special combination ship with Jha'Dur and cool bits as armeged?) and the stealth ship sent against Earth.

Which is precisely what I'd like to see - don't get me wrong; I'd like to see more Dilgar stuff. But one can put in plenty of variation in Battle and War priorities, where there aren't that many Dilgar ships, rather than having to have an armageddon-priority ship 'just because', for the same reason that the Early Years EA don't get anything at war-priority.

Adding an admiral isn't quite the same thing, but - as noted - Deathwalker on her flagship dreadnought is armageddon-priority without needing a ridiculously large ship. There's no reason not to have plenty of variation in the dreadnought classes. The Deathwalker, for example, had Jha'Dur's laboratories aboard - no active effect in the battle, but it means more damage-soaking bulk (a rare commodity on most Dilgar capital ships) and the ship's virus bomb racks are going to be extra disgustingly nasty....

Yes, the Dilgar should get updates like everyone else but I don't see that every fleet has to have to get every point level. Once the fleet 'starts', then yes you need a continuous run of viable ships from war down to skirmish or the points splitting doesn't work, but there's no problem with missing priority levels off the top or bottom.

Don't worry, the Dilgar are getting new stuff for P&P, but I don't think any race is getting new ships (that aren't variants) except for the Vorlon Frigate (that uses the old, large Transport miniature).

Cool rules however.... :)

Triggy said:
Don't worry, the Dilgar are getting new stuff for P&P, but I don't think any race is getting new ships (that aren't variants) except for the Vorlon Frigate (that uses the old, large Transport miniature).

Shadow skirmish ship pleeeeeeeeeeease??
And a better fix for the Stalker than 4AD beam! That is the most useless fix ever!!!

Burger said:
Triggy said:

Shadow skirmish ship pleeeeeeeeeeease??
And a better fix for the Stalker than 4AD beam! That is the most useless fix ever!!!
Still looking at the Stalker...

As for a Shadows Skirmish PL ship - maybe but if so it would either be a Scout variant or a generic carrier ship that is Shadow modified.

sounds good :) matched up with proper fighters and the Sahdows will be much happier as they will have changed and evolved into more efficient killers.....

any chance of Other Duties for the two elder races - given the sheer amount of doubledealing, maipulation etc that they both carry out during the show................be nice to be reflected in suitable other duties.

Back