Are we done with the "update" books?

even all talking and disagreing is fine, you all know that this is game no?? not a religion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

you can play as you want, take what you want and what is not fine for you is not and nothing happens :)

i DMed a game, long time ago, that was based on traveller and the game was about some lost child whose sister was trying(with the help of players) to find him and resulted he was an experiment of the empire in mixing ai and humans to govern a ship while jumping and reducing time to one day per hexagon times of jump. Was cannon? no. Was fun? yes

so whatever way you play is right while you have fun playing it

Last edited:
So.... anyway. As Matt said, an updated Vehicle Handbook is a year or more out. In the mean time, let me float this idea about adding back Fusion Plus as an option (which I 'believe' in as much as M-Drive, but hey, it's a 3I thing for sure):

This is just a preliminary thought, but I wonder if it would work:

TL10: Cost per space (of vehicle) Cr50000, Endurance = 30 days at cruise speed, 20 days at max speed, 360 days at minimal power (stationary with the engine running for life support, etc.)
TL13: Cost per space (of vehicle) Cr100000, Endurance = 60 days at cruise speed, 40 days at max speed, 720 days at minimal power.

Refueled with water, or at Cr500 per space with deuterium given 10x duration. Does not require more spaces, just replaces the 'normal' engine and fuel tanks with Fusion Plus units.

This is pretty much taken straight out of the updated CSC (p.117) and a medium-sized generator, which is really just ~2-3 kW or 3-4ish hp, so it might be weak if taken literally. It may instead make sense to make it a 'faster burning' reactor and cut the duration by 5 or 10 to up the horse (or poni) power to enough to give decent power to a vehicle.

Just thoughts at the moment, but it might make vehicles work more like they 'should' or did in the Classic adventures.
And if we cut the duration by 10 and then use heavy water, then we get back to the duration above, net ~25kW per space output, which given an 8-space ground car is about 150 267 horsepower. Close enough. You can still play with the VHB performance knobs for variance.

(edited for bad math)
I really like this tho I think we need a 3 tiered setup something like TL 9, TL 12, and TL15 this would explain why fusion becomes ubiquitous at TL 12 plus it would bring it in line with Highguard

Assuming the technology tree is similar in both High Guard and Vehicles, it's early fusion at eight, standard fusion at twelve, and advanced fusion at fifteen.

Supposedly, prefusion at six.

Assuming the technology tree is similar in both High Guard and Vehicles, it's early fusion at eight, standard fusion at twelve, and advanced fusion at fifteen.

Supposedly, prefusion at six.
And let’s be honest the technology tree is supposed to be the same that’s one of the biggest problems with the current version of the vehicle handbook it goes completely against the technology tree when it comes to fusion.

Back