Anyone picked up the book yet?

Actually, that could be good news, the copies i saw were a bit poor. I couldn't buy one as they were being returned to mongoose.

Did a quick fly pass of our local TM and FP and neither had it in, didn't have time to ask when they where getting them in as needed to catch a bus, will try again on wed or thurs probably.

i got 2 :D

id say if you wish to play some propergames or do a campain jump on it.

also some great scenarios in their.

realy exspands the use of your forces and the aditional rules wont blow you away big time but will make some great suttle diferances to your game, as yet we hanvt tried blowing buildings up, but on of my frineds will probably go mad at it i recon lol.

i like the book, but id say its not the book your be in a non stop reading frenzy over for days like say a privateer press publication.

its functional and usefull.

If memory serves, the book was supposed to go on sale at distributors today, so stores are unlikely to have it until mid-week anyway. Hopefully it won't be delayed again; I'll be going in to my FLGS tomorrow, and can ask then.

Xorrandor said:
If memory serves, the book was supposed to go on sale at distributors today, so stores are unlikely to have it until mid-week anyway. Hopefully it won't be delayed again; I'll be going in to my FLGS tomorrow, and can ask then.

Again, Alliance (One of the really big Distributors) do NOT have it on stock today... so there is really no telling when my FLGS can order it. (They can ofcourse place an advance order... but that is not the same as knowing they are shipping it today... you get the idea.

So I don't know... maybe next week? Maybe two weeks from now?

/wolf

Mr Evil said:

Greedy :lol:

and what else do you want from a rule book.... (well apart from a voucher allowing you to buy cheaper units in the next wave....)

GhostWolf69 said:
Again, Alliance (One of the really big Distributors) do NOT have it on stock today... so there is really no telling when my FLGS can order it. (They can ofcourse place an advance order... but that is not the same as knowing they are shipping it today... you get the idea.

So I don't know... maybe next week? Maybe two weeks from now?

Yeah, we usually order through Alliance, so that's bad news. OTOH, Alliance is famous for saying things are out of stock, or hasn't been released yet, or that company went bankrupt; all just because they haven't figured out that something is sitting in their warehouse yet. We'll have to see.

Mr Evil said:

id say if you wish to play some propergames or do a campain jump on it.

also some great scenarios in their.

realy exspands the use of your forces and the aditional rules wont blow you away big time but will make some great suttle diferances to your game, as yet we hanvt tried blowing buildings up, but on of my frineds will probably go mad at it i recon lol.

i like the book, but id say its not the book your be in a non stop reading frenzy over for days like say a privateer press publication.

I'm assuming they were good quality then, implying my LGS just got a very duff batch. Which is good news, I was worried they would all be the same!

Xorrandor said:
Yeah, we usually order through Alliance, so that's bad news. OTOH, Alliance is famous for saying things are out of stock, or hasn't been released yet, or that company went bankrupt; all just because they haven't figured out that something is sitting in their warehouse yet. We'll have to see.

Agreed. Last to die is hope, eh? ;)

/wolf

hiffano said:
Actually, that could be good news, the copies i saw were a bit poor. I couldn't buy one as they were being returned to mongoose.
WHAT?

I have one pre-ordered from a UK Online Store since last Friday...
Guess where a p-poor copy will end up?

Damn... :?

GhostWolf69 said:
Agreed. Last to die is hope, eh? ;)

I suppose. The books have been printed, Alliance hasn't removed Mongoose from their system, so I'll get the book eventually. If it takes a little longer, well, game companies that hit all their deadlines are thin on the ground...

I've received mine today - it is a good quality print. I've noticed one problem with text editing - part of a mission briefing coming from a different mission and some minor graphical glitches on few pages, but nothing serious.

Well, ID Gaming have a stack of ém in stock and they are selling well now..... the game appears to finally picking up, especially as we have Barry Carter running the demo games for us and he is very good at frothing up the players!

I'm still waiting for my Salute "pre-order".

I got an extra lots of the figures I purchased on the day, plus my pre-orderd figures, but no rulebook.

E-mails have been sent, but no reply so far...

G.

I recieved mine yesterday. The content and presentation is great. The campagin system looks awesome and what i've read of the advance rules are cool.

My only issue is the binding of the book. The paper that holds the pages to the hard cover at the book (yeah, i don't work in publishing) has come away already. That was a little disappointing but i'm happy with it overall.

Oh and the art is about 1000 times better than the old SST books!

Back