[Actual Play] Defending the West

Really enjoying this lastest installment of your ongoing campaign flatscan. I hope to see more in the coming months. Im planning on ruuning the same campaign using a Savage Worlds ruleset made specifically for Conan. Trig

Thanks for looking Trig! This particular adventure is brutal on the PCs (as it should be) and I'm having a lot of fun running it. Good luck with the Savage Worlds version of Defending the West. I have to admit, I've been tempted to run The Savage World of Solomon Kane for some time now. So many games, so little time. :wink:

Have you any particular diversions from the storyline as written? I would love to hear about them, maybe via private message! Trig

warzen said:
flatscan, do you have anything online before chapter 8 ?

I'm really like reading those reports !! :)

W.

Thanks warzen! :D I didn't start chronicling the adventures session by session until chapter 8. Best I've got for chapters 1-7 are short single paragraph snips you can find here. I've been meaning to go back and write-up the past logs but it's time-consuming enough just prepping for new sessions and writing those up.

Ok, my group and I are roughly halfway through this story and I gotta say, it's a ton of fun! If you're a Conan GM and have access to the Across the Thunder River book I highly recommend running the scenario in the back. It's written as a campaign but I'm running it as a single long adventure. There's some great write-ups of nPeeps your PCs will interact with and fleshing out the Westermarck is a breeze with the rest of the book. I think this book is currently out of print at this point but if I didn't already have it I'd get Across the Thunder River off Amazon or eBay in a heartbeat. Highest possible recommendation! :D

Tomarrow actualy as that is when I get paid. I believe my FLGS has a copy. Just as it had the two city boxed sets. Aperently the owner is a Conan fan so he orders rwo of everything that comes out, and keeps one himself. And as I seem to be the only other person in the county that plays Conan, or at least is starting to play, i get all this old cool stuff that is laying around.

So how come Cuanas next chapter is up, but not the main story? I cant wait for that Aquilonian bung to get skined alive or some such.

Great story by the way.

zozotroll said:
So how come Cuanas next chapter is up, but not the main story? I cant wait for that Aquilonian bung to get skined alive or some such.

Great story by the way.

Thanks zozo! :D

I'm generally a blog behind on Obsidian Portal. We're playing today and the last games blog should go up sometime next week, ideally Sunday. It's a bit of a production typing out an average of 5 pages and finding and adjusting images to boot. But it is a lot of fun.

Just got Beyond Thunder River. Apperently the last copy they had. Now if I can just get all the players togather at one time, to see what they want to do.

Back