[Actual Play] Defending the West

I write the Adventure Log and the players can write character journals for Fate Points. If they write a character journal for every session in an adventure I award a 10% XP bump. Generally only Cuana's player writes anything.

Excellent on getting Across the Thunder River. That book is one of my absolute favorites in the series! The session yesterday was a mix of debauchery, demon pacts, and betrayal. It was one of those sessions that will be long remembered at my gaming table. :D

Yeah, I'm about halfway through an adventure log from 4 sessions ago. It's a time-consuming hobby, creative writing, and I'm woefully behind. :oops:

Greatly appreciated. Good story still.

Now if I could just convince my players that pictland would be a great place to visit.

zozotroll said:
Now if I could just convince my players that pictland would be a great place to visit.

Just do what REH did, and start the PCs there at the beginning of an adventure. Part of some of the best advice for running this game is in the back of the Campaigns chapter. We never learned how Conan got from one place to another in between stories, it just happened in the downtime. :wink:

I certainly hope they staked the noble and the witch over a couple of ant hills. Very happy to see them finaly get theirs.

Thanks for the update.

Yes, I sort of jumped ahead reading the Cimmerians log. I didnt realize he was ahead of you. But he didnt give details.

I have the images hosted on photobucket. Then I just include an HTML image tag and add style="float: right" or style="float: left" :D

Oh, we're still going! I'm currently writing up the log for the first session in the latest adventure. The PCs take on aliases and become Barachan pirates. Fair thee warned, be thee, says I. Yaaargh!

I've made it a new year's resolution to catch up with writing the sessions. All told I've written 27 adventure logs that average 2,000+ words. I'm currently 5 logs behind but I hope to cut that down to 3 by next game. Stay tuned.

Back