ACT: SF, Most Anticipated Fleet

I'd like to see the full Tholian fleet make it to the game. I'd mainly just like to see all the rules get hammered out and approved by both steve and matt, and huge lists of approved ships and ship variants made available for ACTA: star fleet book 2, or 2nd edition, or whatever. With lots of cool scenarios with objectives other than 'kill ships'. We have labs, marines, and shuttles, these never get used in the games i've played, other than the odd suicide shuttle.

JohnDW said:
I'd like to see the full Tholian fleet make it to the game. I'd mainly just like to see all the rules get hammered out and approved by both steve and matt, and huge lists of approved ships and ship variants made available for ACTA: star fleet book 2, or 2nd edition, or whatever. With lots of cool scenarios with objectives other than 'kill ships'. We have labs, marines, and shuttles, these never get used in the games i've played, other than the odd suicide shuttle.

I'm actually starting to notice that out of about a dozen different scenarios in the MRB, no one really seems to play half of them. unless of course they aren't in the 'pocket' rule books and most people seem to have those, also why i never see anyone testing out the tholians they put in the book either. I would imagine some people have some 2400's lying around to try out tholians if they have to wysiwyg everything.

then again i could be one of the few people with the hardback MRB.

Focke-Wulfe said:
JohnDW said:

I'm actually starting to notice that out of about a dozen different scenarios in the MRB, no one really seems to play half of them. unless of course they aren't in the 'pocket' rule books and most people seem to have those, also why i never see anyone testing out the tholians they put in the book either. I would imagine some people have some 2400's lying around to try out tholians if they have to wysiwyg everything.

then again i could be one of the few people with the hardback MRB.

I recall seeing at least one battle report for the Tholians when the game first came out. Didn't end well for the Tholians. Part of the problem with the Tholians is that there are no web rules to speak of, which is one of their big defensive advantages.

I'm one of those people who mainly run demo games at game stores and conventions, and I find that the typical player doesn't appreciate subtle scenarios. They just want to blow up ships. Trying to coordinate 3 different Empire's ships and necessary tactics? Too hard. Trying to coordinate 2 different groups of ships attacking the same planet from different directions? No sir, bleh.

I recall there was a request for space monsters to be added to the game, but I don't know what happened with that. The Marine rules are only useful for hit and run raids, since there are no rules for boarding/capturing ships, or attacking planetary targets. Nor are there planetary defense units beyond a Battle Station or Mobile Base.

Back