A G'Vrahn thread!**now with added poll!**

Would you/How would you fix the G'Vrahn?

• Leave it, it's tough but not broken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a tad ott, change it's e-mines to one shot

• drop it to one turn, and remove some forward weapons

• up it to armagedon level with some upgrades

• something completely different, mentioned below

• Total voters
I dont think its broken as much as perhaps a bit too good as compared to the BinTak. I think we're in Demos vs Vorchan territory here though and only a very small tweak needed to fix it:

I would suggest dropping its Emines to 3 or 4 AD (and maybe knock 1 AD off its laser as well) but leave them as slow loading. Simply dropping them to 1 shot would be a HUGE downgrade in my book and would be too much in my book.

(as for the Demos as Ive said elsewhere Im firmly in favour of just knocking it down to 8 AD Ion cannons so that it trades the plasma accelarator on the Vorchan for the interceptor and torpedoes which I think would be about right)

STOP IT!!

if people carry on being a bit ranty and abusive, i will ask a mod to lock the thread.

This is a thread about the G'Vrahn and by association I think it acceptable to discuss the bin'tak. this is NOT a thread about the Liati (which i'm cool with and I'm a narn player) if you wish to discuss the Liati's status, then it belongs in it's own Liati thread!

Centauri_Admiral said:
@ GhostRecon.

First of all, my arguement is with the G'Vrahn as it is, as a war level ship. For goodness sake, look at it, there are no weaknesses to succesfully exploit. And by your own statement you have contradicted yourself with regards to the Liati, you said it is the elimination of all centauri weakness bar one, its damage score and how succesful emines will be. Forgive me for appearing to steal your crown of idiocy but I believe that counts as two weaknesses.

I simply reply how I feel I am treated in kind..

And claiming I have contradicted myself by claiming "two weaknesses" is factually incorrect. The Liati's low damage score only matters against weapons that ignore dodge or can get past it, which is what the E-mine does. E-mines highlight the Liati’s weakness of low damage, it is not a wholly disparate and independent weakness all of its own, separate from that. Rephrased, the Liati’s weakness of Low Damage is supposedly covered by its Dodge, which means that this weakness is only a true weakness against weapons that can reliably bypass its Dodge. Which is what E-mines do.

I’ll quote myself.
Its only weakness is low damage, which only matters if you can keep it in the arc of your weapons and get past its dodge. Which E-mines do quite handily.
That is what I said. Next time, perhaps, "get your facts straight pal."

And as I stated in my posts, I do not disagree that the G'vrahn could use balancing. But by that same exact vein, there are other ships in other lists that are -just- as unbalancing.

More importantly, the purpose of the majority of my posts in this thread are to point out how threadbare, flimsy, or weak the arguments used for "nerfing" the G'vrahn, and against "nerfing" the Liati truly are. You need more than personal insults and claims of "fluff." Oh, and saying "My Liatis die" is also incorrect. Even in the battle reports of the Earth-Centauri War, G'vrahns were killed, so that argument is terribly weak as well.

Secondly, if you'd read the other threads, before jumping into this one and going straight down katadders throat, you would have found ME stating that I wouldn't argue with tweaking the Liati. Even though this thread is about the G'Vrahn and perhaps the Bin'Tak, YOU have turned this into a general rant about ships that you don't like either, I think you're behaving in a very hypocritical manner. But for arguements sake let me say that I wouldn't object to the Liati turns being made 2 45, to keep consistency with the vorchan, and have the liati as the logical progression of the vorchan hull to a battle level ship. So in fact you'll find that I am not screaming blue murder, saying YOU CAN'T NERF MY LIATI, quite the contrary.

Quite the contrary, and conversely, had you read the other posts I made within this thread, you would have realized I am simply using the Liati as a foil to illustrate the general weakness of arguments used advocating change for the G'vrahn, and conversely and equally against the Liati. Arguments that defend the Liati would just as equally defend the G'vrahn. That is what I was illustrating. And arguments that advocate change for the G'vrahn apply just as readily to the Liati. That, too, is what I was illustrating. See my Marathon vs Liati comparison.

And my remarks were more of a general nature of the entire sentiment directed towards me when I made the suggestion there may be a problem with the Liati, if somehow that was construed as a personal attack, then an apology is in order. To others who feel I was “yelling at them” for saying they were “screaming about things” my posts were likely not directed at you, regardless, if you feel they are, I owe you an apology as well.

So before you rip my head off, and fail at trying to use my own arguement against me, read what I've said. So far, the rest of us have managed to have a debate about this, and while I may have a strong opinion, there are plenty of others advocating their opinions as well. So far you're the only thats been a complete arse about it.

Although its a very childish saying; here I think it applies quite well. "Get your facts straight pal."

Well, thus far I have simply seen alot of personal attack and strawhouse arguments, not to mention a few cases of selectively ignoring many of my other posts and arguments, instead refuting small elements of those posts then claiming that I am an asshole, an idiot, and have no actual point other than to, apparently, be stupid. If this is your “strong opinion” and my “strong opinion” somehow construes to me being an idiot, or an asshole, yet I have not yet made any personal attacks or direct insults, I dread to think what I might do should I start flaming people.

I have repeatedly stated I was not against changing the G'vrahn, but similarly, if the G'vrahn is going to be balanced, then -other- ships that suffer from imbalances -need- to be examined in -order- to better balance the game. Just balancing the G'vrahn won't fix things, and neither will just balancing the Liati in turn, even if you balance both there are several clear imbalances that, while not game breaking, -do- have a severe impact on game balance.

For example, just how overpowered would the Liati be if ships could boresight without being affected by initiative sinks? I know people hate to reopen that can of worms, but I see this thread as indicating how several smaller imbalances in the game can, have, and do impact the overall balance and play of the game.

So, again to the question. Would the Liati be as good as it was, if the problem formed between its speed, combined and working synergistically with how the initiative system and initiative sinks work, and thus prevented boresights from working effectively was resolved?

We routinely hear of how EA fleets do poorly; would they do so poorly if something was implemented that allowed boresight ships, both lumbering and not, to boresight more reliably, as if the initiative system worked “ideally?” (Such as a WEGO system, or a I go, You go system… And no, before someone flips out again, I am not advocating a change to the initiative system. It is the third rail of ACTA, and one I am quite happy with).

Similarly, what sort of broad based changes do we need to make to better balance the Narn’s War and Battle level choices, and make them viable choices to each other?

And more importantly, just how different is the face of the Narn fleet in the light of a balance fix that makes boresight more reliable, and less affected by initiative sinks?

Personally, I’m of the mind of leaving the G’vrahn’s weapons as is, removing the “unfluff” traits such as AJE, Interceptors, and Command +2, and “essentially” trading damage values of the G’vrahn with the G’quonth (Making the G’vrahn 55/13, or more appropriately using the G’tal’s values, 60/14, and making the G’quonth a 80/13 hull) and giving the Bin’Tak slow-loading E-mines.

This makes the G’vrahn an excellent Var’nic style hunter-killer, which is essentially what the G’vrahn is, yet appropriately more fragile; makes the G’quonth a more viable choice, and the Bin’Tak a more viable choice. And all three are appropriately weapons studded pain-in-the-ass-to-kill Narn monsters.

Further, if a boresight fix that works for both lumbering and non-lumbering ships, then the G’quon, G’lan, and G’tal become more attractive choices as well.

My point with every post I have made in this thread: You cannot balance just one ship without addressing other ships that share and contribute, even in small parts, to the “general” imbalance. Just as the G’vrahn was “discovered” to be “broken” in the Earth-Centauri War, so to did it illustrate that there are apparent problems in the Liati, and the possible issue of problems with EA fleet performance (Which, again, might be resolved if boresight was more effective and initiative sink independent).

“Just” fixing the G’vrahn fixes, really, very little except to address the ship’s relative power and if anything, does more to exacerbates problems that are not readily apparent in high priority level battles with the Narn against fleets such as the Centauri. (Such, as I earlier illustrated, the general inability of a Bin’Tak to survive too long against ultra-maneuverable ships such as the Liati, or alternatively, the White Star Gunship).

As for the Liati, I am absolutely against 5+ dodge. I think a reduction in maneuverability, as Centauri_Admiral pointed out, to 2x45A would work very well and be more appropriate.

The Earth-Centauri war has highlighted several imbalances, and not just the G'vrahn, and in addressing the G'vrahn, we need and should address the rest. As I said, to better balance the game.

Im a Narn-Player and i Love the G'Vrahn.

The combined power of the beams can destroy every ship of lower priority in a single volley or do nearly nothing at all, as beams always tend to be.
But thats fine for me.

The mines deliver solid damage over the longest range in the game, also impressive.

Its fast,mobile and has interceptors !

My only concern is that this ship does not fit right to the overall feel of a Narn fleet since its superior in all aspects to all ships of this fleet, so its obvious to field it all the time.

The Bin'Tak is the only modell in my fleet that is painted and in the times of B5W it was the pride of my fleet, but now it was dropped from my campaign roster since i picked up a G'Vrahn at the Earth - Centauri war.
(I was the Centauri Grand admiral :) )

But what to do ?

I hate that every Year all sheets are "now balanced..."

It would be cool if the Bin'Tak as oldtech ship would be bigger than battle but smaller than war.

But thats the neverending story of the priority level system.

btw, i dont think the G'Vrahn is broken ;)

Finally the Narn get an up to date modern ship , which is late era too, and people moan about it! It lacks tough side and rear weaponary so why not give it tough frontal weapons and make it tough. Its not as rock solid as a Bin' Tak up close and in amongst a mob of ships, the Bin'taks secondaries give it excellent short range firepower. And previously you didn't hear all the Narn players moaning about a lack of high tech like interceptors, GEG and having lots of boresight weapons, so leave the G'Vrahn alone - I still use the Bin'Tak. Its a question of horses for courses, yes the G'Vrahn is good but heh so is the Bin'Tak, don't right it just yet

yes g'vrahns died, 2 that i know of at least. one cos my adira jumped on its tail and put all fore guns into it alsowith 2 6,6 crits.
the 2nd down to sheer number of DD weapons frm a centauri fleet that contained zero liatis.

one thing really that shows more on balance though is there were more primuses at E/C war (as you keep using this weekend) than liatis, and even quite a few dargans.
there were no bin'taks, this shows that narn playrs know what ever other fleet player knows, that the g'vrahn has no competition from the bin'tak.

btw at the E/C war weekend there were no abbai, brakiri, pak'ma'ra or vree so using that weekend as a basis really doesnt work anyway.
in fact the only centauri player I think that wants serious nerfs to the g'vrahn is LDTD as he did take poundings from them. most of us would be happy for it to swap its e-mine with the bin'tak.

katadder said:
there were no bin'taks, this shows that narn playrs know what ever other fleet player knows, that the g'vrahn has no competition from the bin'tak.

That's absolutely true, so the next time I play I will give take the Bin'Tak out for a spin! If I face Centauri, I shall expect an absolute drubbing from two Dargans, Liatis, or Primus's (or any combination of the two), but I'll give it a go regardless! :)

Regards,

Dave

Hi Guys! Its my first post here but I thought that I might throw a bit of a twist into the discussion here. Perhaps there is a basic flaw in the entire argument about whether the G'Vrahn is OTT. Perhaps the G'Vrahn by virtue of being a top tier War choice is more in line with where other higher priority vessels should be skewed. Perhaps it in itself is not the problem. One of the most talked about issues in these forums is the inability of higher priority vessels to compete when pitted against a larger number of lower priority level opponents.
In my humble opinion perhaps, with a little careful study, the higher priority ships should be moved upward in power to be more on par with the G'Vrahn. (especially as I have yet to read a forum where a dedicated G'Vrahn user is bemoaning the his awful luck at facing hordes of Tethys cutters :lol: ) This especially could be essential to getting some of the iconic battle level ships back into the game in higher numbers. Admit it guys we all have tons of those lovely Omega/Primus/G'Quan favorites languishing because they are just not quite as effective as they could be.
It would be almost impossible to decrease the effectiveness of lower priority ships. They already have lowered stats. It is by virtue of game mechanics that they are more powerful when in numbers. It would be easier to further up shift the higher priority choices than alter game mechanics or attempt to take hit points off of a 16 hit point hull.

Now don't get me wrong, I think that there needs to be a careful evaluation of inter fleet mechanics. If the vessel happens to be a lower powered battle level ship that when taken together with the context of its fleet fares better through synergy then it doesn't need so much of a tweak. Though I think that vessels that fall into this category are not overly prevalent.

I apoligize in advance if you feel that I am taking this topic off its main line of direction but I do feel that a continual discussion this way and that about whether one ship is too powerful is fruitless when not taken into the greater context of the game mechanic. The G'Vrahn is not out of line, but rather more in line with the kind of performance that some of the other fleets should be getting out of their higher priority vessels.

My 25 cents.

8)

hiffano said:
STOP IT!!

if people carry on being a bit ranty and abusive, i will ask a mod to lock the thread.

This is a thread about the G'Vrahn and by association I think it acceptable to discuss the bin'tak. this is NOT a thread about the Liati (which i'm cool with and I'm a narn player) if you wish to discuss the Liati's status, then it belongs in it's own Liati thread!

Just for you as you asked nicely.

:D

Reducing the damage and removing the interceptors, AJE and command from the G'Vrahn would be a satisfactory fix in my eyes. Yes, I did take two utter spankings from G'Vrahns and I do want to see some more than minor changes, but losing 30-odd damage and some of the uncharacteristic traits would be enough.

I'd also be glad to see some of the "lower end" war units beefed up a little. My Octurion was pretty disappointing throughout the weekend, which is the first time I've fielded it; it was regularly unable to do serious damage to high-hull opponents. Ion cannons are great, a huge improvement over the old twin arrays, but they struggle to get hits against hull 5 and 6. Matter cannons struggle as well but I can't really complain about them, they're one of the better secondary weapons in the game. I think the Octurion should get the same heavy ion cannons the Secundus uses. The Adira would probably benefit from them too.

Pyrrhus said:
In my humble opinion perhaps, with a little careful study, the higher priority ships should be moved upward in power to be more on par with the G'Vrahn.

I agree completely.

lose 30 damage off the g'vrahn? lol no way, narn are supposed to be tough. lose the ints sure, swap the e-mine with the bin'tak to make the choice actually be a choice not obvious. but certainly nothing that drastic, would make it les survivable than a g'quan a whole battle level lower. even the fragile minbari manage 60 damage on a warship.

Well after looking at the stats, rolling off dice and looking at the stats again im sorry to say, in my humble opinion its over powerful in the front arch, to the point it becomes a "no brainer", its quite easy for some player to park it in a corner of the board and force his opponent to come down its throat, no tactical still or planning needed. the game be comes boring, nothing more then a dice rolling excersie ;( no other War level ship has the fire power, damage, speed and manoeuvrabillity of the G'Vrahn, to me it looks like it got none of the weeknesses of the Narn, and some of the strengths of the other races.

Not looking to put anyones nose out of place, just having my say.

katadder said:
lose 30 damage off the g'vrahn? lol no way, narn are supposed to be tough. lose the ints sure, swap the e-mine with the bin'tak to make the choice actually be a choice not obvious. but certainly nothing that drastic, would make it les survivable than a g'quan a whole battle level lower. even the fragile minbari manage 60 damage on a warship.

Way to read what was written... If you read the details, I suggested changing the damage to "60." "Essentially" switching damage with the G'quonth. I suppose I should have dumbed the whole explanation down and say to just switch the G'vrahn's damage with the G'tal, making my suggestion less convoluted and confusing.

The point of my suggestion was that the G'vrahn is fast, manuverable, and extremely powerful. To balance that out, to give and take as Ripple says, I suggested we reduce its damage (To 60, or even 70. But 80 seems a bit much, considering its firepower).

And, by giving the 80 damage of the G'vrahn to the G'quonth instead, and making the Bin'Tak's E-mines Slow-Loading, you make all three choices very attractive.

Do you want the scalpel, the tank, or the brawler? The choice wouldn't, then, be as easy as people point out it is now.

Lord David the Denied said:
My Octurion was pretty disappointing throughout the weekend, which is the first time I've fielded it; it was regularly unable to do serious damage to high-hull opponents. Ion cannons are great, a huge improvement over the old twin arrays, but they struggle to get hits against hull 5 and 6. Matter cannons struggle as well but I can't really complain about them, they're one of the better secondary weapons in the game. I think the Octurion should get the same heavy ion cannons the Secundus uses. The Adira would probably benefit from them too.

Sorry, but I can only hope you're kidding...

On the Octurion alone, 28 forward AD that's all DD is nothing to sneeze at, especially when 12 of it is AP, and 16 of it is TL... and the Port/Starboard arcs give you a total of 18 DD AD, 8 of it AP, 10 of it TL...

Its Ion Cannon and Matter Cannon alone give it more firepower than a Warlock, an equivalent priority hull... it may have difficulty with high armor hulls, but isn't that in part to balance it out?

Afterall, it puts out more AP, DD shots in one arc than the Secundus does in its forward arc, and then has 10 more AD of DD, TL to back it up... and those are port and starboard! Wish my Marathon or Warlock could put out that kind of arc firepower... at best, in the forward arc, we get 6 AD of AP, DD railguns and 6 AD of AP, DD, P missiles (Flash Missiles, which have 20 inch... I prefer em, but missile load varies) and 6 AD of TL Pulse Cannons. What is the Warlock's match to the 28 AD forward firepower (Not even counting beams) that the Octurion puts out? >.>

As another comparison, using Flash Missiles, added together:

The Warlock puts out 12 AD of AP, DD shots (6 AD precise)
The Octurion puts out 12 AD of AP, DD shots
The Warlock puts out 6 AD of TL shots...
The Octurion puts out 16 AD of DD, TL shots...

You can even throw in the beams:
The Warlock has 6 AD of TD beams
The Octurion puts out 6 AD of P beams

The Warlock would win in terms of beams... except its beams, while longer ranged (35 inch to 18 inch) are boresighted, and thus highly unlikely to match the amount of times the Octurion will get to use its beams, despite the decreased range of the Octurion and the increased maneuverability the Warlock has (2 extra speed and not being lumbering counts for something, although not enough as far as boresight is concerned).

The Warlock's interceptors even things a bit, and its extra 5 damage, but not enough to justify a full 10 AD difference in DD, TL shots.

And that's just the frontal arc >.> In overall firepower, and other arcs, the Warlock loses out considerably compared to the Octurion.

(To back my statement up with analysis, though simplified to keep my post from being too long: Warlock has 10 AD P/S arcs TL shots, to Octurion 18 DD shots, Warlock has 6 AP DD and 6 TL shots to Octurion 10 DD shots in the aft arc. Yay, we nearly equal the fan-heads in aft firepower! I guess when we're jumping out to escape complete butchery, we can give them a desultory shooting at).

If anyone should be complaining, I think it should be the EA players... comparison by comparison, particularly Crusade EA, the humans pretty fairly get the shaft. Our best ship is stolen from the ISA list! (Excalibur)

I think balancing a few ship's to even out the choices and fixing boresight, as I went into detail on my earlier post, would serve to make things better balanced.

I just fought one of these last Sat with my EA it did as much damage as the Ka'Bin"Tak thing was decimating me between the two i didnt kill a single ship maimed yes crippled yes but killed no.

1 Ka'Bin'Tak
1 G'Vran
4 Dag'Kars

ICK ICK ICK

lol way to read what i was replying too ;) i know you didnt say that, not everything is aimed at you ghost recon, LDTD suggested taking 30 damage off of it.

as for your warlock comparison on the octurion - you really dont know how much those interceptors count do you? they will pretty much stop all hits from the ion cannons as average is around 4-5 ion cannon hits on a hull 6 ship.

so then it comes down to secondaries after that. you yourself said they have the same amount of AP DD dice if using flash missiles. the fact that the warlock has these out to range 20 and half of them are precise is a huge deal. and the fact that by then it will stop any octurion shot on a 6 also increases the abilities.
and really you cannot discount the beam because its boresight, twice the range and the octurion moves a stately speed 6 lumbering. you know if an octurion has to set up 1st the warlock can set up directly opposite and the octurion cannot get out of boresight 1st turn due to lumbering, and probably cant even get in range whilst the warlock has 3 guns that outrange the octurion. then once all guns are actually in range the warlock can APTE right by and the octurion will take ages to come round whilst the warlock can use its rear railguns on the defenseless octurion.

comparing the warlock to the octurion and saying the EA have the worst deal shows me you really dont have a clue what you are on about. the warlock is quite possibly the 2nd best war level ship in the game after the g'vrahn.

katadder said:
lol way to read what i was replying too ;) i know you didnt say that, not everything is aimed at you ghost recon, LDTD suggested taking 30 damage off of it.

Sorry, habit by now, being the brunt of “teh hatez.”

comparing the warlock to the octurion and saying the EA have the worst deal shows me you really dont have a clue what you are on about. the warlock is quite possibly the 2nd best war level ship in the game after the g'vrahn.

Sorry, but this shows you didn't read much of what I said, or perhaps didn’t understand it, or just read what you wanted, glossed over the actual fact of the words, and chose your own meaning… take your pick.

I quote myself again.

The Warlock's interceptors even things a bit, and its extra 5 damage, but not enough to justify a full 10 AD difference in DD, TL shots.

And that's just the frontal arc >.> In overall firepower, and other arcs, the Warlock loses out considerably compared to the Octurion.

I added emphasis to my own quote so you can pick out the point and gist of what I was saying, since what you wrote "shows me you really dont have a clue what you are on about," as you wrote.

Im not saying the Warlock is the worst ship ever. Im saying, in terms of overall firepower, it doesn't match the Octurion.

In an one vs one comparison, the Warlock would probably win. That is not my point. In terms of FIREPOWER OUTPUT, it loses. This was to highlight that, in my opinion, the Octurion was fine. To highlight that the Octurion was powerful, but it is also stately and slow, and so it balances out. It is the perfect model of Centauri Capital Ship design. Its slow, but it puts out so much close range firepower you don't want to be near it. So, in Centauri fashion, they can use it to hem you in, and push you where he wants you, so his faster Demos, Vorchans, and the plethora of deadly Raid and Skirmish options of the Centauri fleet, the actual heavy hitters of the Centauri navy, can flank the enemy and tear them apart.

And comparison by comparison, the EA Crusade have poor firepower choices compared to other fleets, particularly the Centauri, and even the Narn… the Minbari… ISA…

It would likely not be so bad if boresight wasn't such a limitation, but because it is, and because every single EA Crusade Warship Hull, from the Marathon to the Warlock and on down to the Hyperion, not to mention the Omega Destroyer and Command Destroyer (The only War or Battle level ship that doesn't have a boresighted beam is the Apollo Strike Cruiser, in fact, and the Poseidon is a carrier, not a warship or "ship of the line"), relies on boresighted beam weapons as their primary damage dealing weapon, they suffer from reduced firepower because, just by the very nature of boresight you will not be firing them as much. LET ALONE add in the effect initiative and initiative sinking has on boresights.

Did I say the EA have the worst deal? Not at all, but thank you for putting words in my mouth. No, I said, if anybody should be screaming about nerfing ships and getting buffs, it should be EA, and particularly Crusade EA. Chronos, anyone? Raid choices, anyone? Boresight heavy, anyone? Where are our Demos-like ships? Our White Star-like rant inducing Raid choices? Why does the Early Year and Third Age EA list have such great Raid and Skirmish choices, but we hit the Crusade Era, the supposed technological explosion of all the races, and suddenly the Earth Alliance forgets how to make effective warships?

We lose the Avenger, the Raid level hull that put the Fighter back into Fighter Superiority, the thing the EA are supposedly famed for.

We lose the Nova Dreadnaught, the only other damage-throwing hull other than the Hyperion from the Third Age, effectively meaning all we have is the Hyperion to fall back on, a boresight reliant warship.

We lose the Olympus Corvette, a somewhat fragile but damaging Skirmish choice. The Chronos is dead-hard, and I love the thing to death, but it does relatively pathetic damage compared to other skirmish choices, and all that for hull 6 and INT 2.

Do we have the worst deal? No, but we do get the shaft. And that is what I said.

This only highlights what I'm trying to say: That there is more that needs balancing than just nerfing the G'vrahn, even to make the Bin'tak a better choice. That there are underlying issues and balance problems that, if resolved, could probably fix alot of the complaints and issues we have now.

If you change the G'vrahn, you need to consider how that affects the rest of the Narn war-level hulls, and how -THAT- affects High Priority Level performance for the Narn fleet, and how ALL of that affects the Narn Fleet in battles, competitive or not. And, if necessary, juggle some numbers and make changes so that the Narn don't get shafted because one ship is percieved as "broken."

At Crusade era the EA loses a stack of obsolete ships. You want to use them, use the earlier lists. The reasoning for the climb in PL level of average EA ships has been explained scores of times, so I won't bother typing it all out again.

I know enough Ea players that dont complain about their crusade ships. in fact one of them swears by chronos and will get as many in as possible.
there is nothing wrong with EA ships. even being boresighted. I have taken 5 hyperions without init sinks and won because they have a great beam and are quite manouvrable.
yes the warlock broadsides suck compared to an octurion. however the octurion will be in serious pain before it even gets to that. and when would you ever be in a broadside match with one? the centauri player would want to use his forward firepower if he wins init, or up close the warlock will APTE right past the octurion and use rear guns which is has the advantage on due to having interceptors the octurion doesnt. the warlock is a front arc ship, much like the g'vrahn is, and it is #2 on the warships list after the g'vrahn.you will fire boresight just as much as other people get there guns if you use init sinks and thats why they generally get more AD on them. the hyperion gets 4AD compared to a teshlans/whitestars 2. the omega gets 6AD compared to a tinashis 4. its all because of boresight and on beams dice matter.
although TBH what this has to do with the g'vrahn versus bin'tak type debate I really dont know.

Back