World War 2 Evolution

Never underestimate being one of the only companies doing something.

Legions East makes 15mm finn's and the models are so-so, but people buy them, because they make them, and noone else does

I think it'd be great if Mongoose made models for the Finns!

I first got hooked on Finns in WWII when Battlefront brang out the Finns for FoW, i did a little research & i've never looked back! :) If Mongoose brought out Finns i'd buy them regardless!! (no money? sell myself on the street :lol: )

I wouldn't mind a small Finnish force either, but they'll be a long time coming, I'm sure. After the initial factions I'd guess French, Japanese, Chinese and Italians would all take precedence over the smaller European factions.

Great Old Bear,

There is a group with some nice rules you may want to talk with.

http://www.toofatlardies.co.uk/

They have a really good WWII game, but only produce rules.

The rules are very different than a lot I have played but I find the feel of the game very true.

Also if you need research or play testing done, just drop me a line.

Due to a car wreck I have way too much time on my hands, (when they work :) )

Lee

well after reading all of this, i thought i would put in my two shinny pennies

First it is very nice to see Mongoose stretching their lil paws and producing so much historical stuff. I think for a while some people (SHort sighted) thought you were a one horse show (scifi/fantasy).

Im glad you are having a crack at WW2

My thoughts on what and when are quite simple, although a few people on this thread say no to Normandie and Russa, I think It is essentual to mongoose as a company to do exactly that, because that has proven to be where the market is. I know a lot of you would say thats just becuase no-one has gone for other theaters before.
Initially it should be normandie and russa, but then within a month..say..another theater...the problem with a lot of the earlier campaigns is that it involved the germans racing past enemy Walls in lots of bloomin tanks (who saw that coming), not a lot of scope for 'schirmish'.

So to conclude secondry theaters I would suggest (In no particular order)

Scandinavian (all of the battles discussed here)
African
And the long range SAS raids
Burma
Italy
French resistance and british SOE raids, during occupation and of course during the D day build up.
Dutch resistance, Scandinavian resistance
Crete
The japanese invasion of the pacific, and the Allies counter attack (as descussed here)

And a multitude of raids by paras, commandos and special forces.

Finally if you have time and want to indulge me and probably a few others, the potential invasion of britain with the 'dads army' home guard and demorolised Dunkirk vets (This could be a humourous addition) theres a chance here to have a rather funny WW2 game :D

actually the pacific could work really well. Also you could do rules for crossovers with Victory at Sea for island invasions, naval artillery support etc. Could be very cool.

Poko said:
hell,i'd kill to have 28mm polish 1939 cavalry models :lol: (and since they'd be rather unique it can even be pushed as a sensible release that adds something new to the game :wink: )hell,making one vech type(Vickers tank) and dismounted riders(so that there is classic inf) version would be all that was needed 8)

Bolt Action minis does them, alongside the sweetest Polish you've ever seen. They even do those cute tankettes!

Could I throw another oar in and say that 80's British war comics stlye for the minis would be fantastic. Movement is sadly something lacking from most WW2 manufactorers.

Oh and I know a few other bokes after Finns, make 'em! (though please, in God's own scale. Not 30mm like BF or SST.)

Oh, and we need Karen tribesmen to fight the Japanese in Burma! (17,000 kills in the last few months of war! ) :shock:

Back