Will you get 2nd Edition?

If the 2nd edition is dual D20 and MRQ I'll pick it up. Otherwise I'll be sticking with my old books for background and MRQ for the ruleset.

Meh. I feel luke-warm about it. But that luke-warm may become ice-cold, depending on the reviews of the fine gents and lovely damsels here on the ole forum. And I want *honest* reviews--not slobbering, mush-minded fanboyism. :wink: :)

If the measured, experienced opinions here convince me otherwise, I may purchase it. Don't get your hopes up, Matt. You've got to earn it!

---Yogah
(hopping back to read TSR9023).

Well, it depends. Currently I have the first edition and a few sourcebooks but I didn't invest in AE. On the other hand it would be great to have a current version of the game but until my financial situation improves I have to wait and read the reviews and comments before deciding whether to buy it or not.

Just to remind everyone, this will be the cover to the second edition - according to the Mongoose promo:

conan2epromo.jpg
[/img]

That's gonna be hard to turn down, IMO. Also, some members are mentioning a $50 price tag but Amazon is advertising it at $34.95, with a pre-order price of $23.07! I don't think this book will go for $50 like the first edition.

Mines already pre-ordered along with Return to the Road of Kings. Do I really need it.... probably not. But after the wonderous revamp known as the Star Wars Saga Edition, I have high hopes for 2nd Edition Conan. If it doesn't WoW me, I can always convert to Savage Worlds. :wink:

I'm probably going to get it. By probably I mean "My mortgage is kicking my butt and I have almost no spending money, so we'll see how my checking account looks when it hits the shelves."

Think I could get Mongoose to send me a review copy? Being a staff reviewer at Gaming Report has to have SOME perks, right? Yeah. . I didn't think so either.

Honestly, I don't have any compunctions about buying it if I have the scratch. Sure, I can probably do anything I'll ever need to do with the Atlantean Edition. But for me a lot of the fun in gaming is from getting cool books with great stuff within. If 2E has that, I'll get it. But I'll want to look it over first or read some reviews to find out exactly what is actually in it before I spend the money.

Very nice Cover Art!!! I like the way the sandwhich looks...now where is the sample meat at? Any Idea when we get a little sneaky peaky? :) just a few pages from here and there...

Any Ideas on the cover for RttRoK?????????

I think it should keep in line with the first one, I like the Idea of Radiers on the cover...

Back