which is your favourite supplement?

toothill man said:
thank you matt which supplements have you found the most useful for running your campain and who at the moment are winning? earth or minbari?

The Earthforce and Minbari ones, primarily. In the small unit actions, EF is coming out ahead. A lot of the material advantages that the Minbari have are negated by using guerrila style tactics and it really ratchets up the tension factor for the players, as they are always in situations where they have an advantage so long as they don't screw up. If they do make a significant mistake, they're toast. The team is mostly SAS but has a couple of Psi-Corp telepaths along for the ride. They've played with some combat swimmer NPC's along the way as well.

Somewhere down the line, I hope that Mongoose releases a Earth-Minbari as campaign book that details the war by planet and in a month-by-month format.

Matt

Hmm tough call..

Earthforce Sourcebook is certainly good.. and the Minbari Sourcebook provided heaps more juice on my favourite non human species the Minbari... but having had the good fortune to playtest some of the other books coming out, I would have to say Bab 5 companion and Technomages are my favourites at the moment.

Neo said:
Hmm tough call..

Earthforce Sourcebook is certainly good.. and the Minbari Sourcebook provided heaps more juice on my favourite non human species the Minbari... but having had the good fortune to playtest some of the other books coming out, I would have to say Bab 5 companion and Technomages are my favourites at the moment.

I'd have to agree with the Technomage one. I think Bruce did an extremely good job on that one. I've really wanted to start incorporating them but none of my gaming group have signed NDA's, so. . .

Matt

Neo said:
Hmm tough call..

nitflegal said:
I'd have to agree with the Technomage one. I think Bruce did an extremely good job on that one.
Lucky fellas! You just made my anticipation level increase by two notches. :twisted:

Also I'm eager to see the 4th season sourcebook by Shannon Kalvar, although given what I read from him, I expect he will follow the excellent standard set by August Hahn...

With the upcoming new B5 project from JMS and the Mongoose steady source of sourcebooks, 2004 definitely is a wonderful year to be a B5 fan ! 8)

redlaco said:
Neo said:
Hmm tough call..

nitflegal said:
I'd have to agree with the Technomage one. I think Bruce did an extremely good job on that one.
Lucky fellas! You just made my anticipation level increase by two notches. :twisted:

In the interests of disclosure, I am not completely unbiased on the Technomage book, since I wrote the Technomage history for it. That said, Bruce really had a fine line to walk with the mages, making them reflect the show and trilogy without making them so uber-powerful as to be a game killer. I was impressed.

Matt

Was that in the interests of disclosure, or the interests of a shameless self-promotion? :)

To be fair, you certainly deserve it. You did a fine job, nift.

-August

Mongoose August said:
Was that in the interests of disclosure, or the interests of a shameless self-promotion? :)

To be fair, you certainly deserve it. You did a fine job, nift.

-August

Nah, if it was shameless self-promtion I'd mention that I wrote the Earth Force's Spec-ops portion as well!

Seriously, I figure that it's worth mentioning that I'm not completely unbiased on the book when I rave about it. Of course, I am raving about someone else's work. . .

Matt

Currently my fave book is the Path of No Return, which happens to be my latest purchase.

What burns me is that I went to a firendly but no so-local gaming store to do a massive B5 purchase. The store had everything for B5 last time I was there so I had planned to get Minbari, Coming of Shadows, Point of No Return (it was too early this past weekend for Centauri or I'd try and get that too).

Sadly, all they had was PoNR. Grrrrr. And I was so looking forward to Minbari. Sigh. The owner says its one of those games that doesn't get a lot of talk in-store but seems to fly of the shelves.

I guess this weekend I'll be making the big order at the FLGS. I hate ordering; I am an impulse buyer. I'll preorder Narn and Technomages while I am at it :twisted:

Sorry had to mini-vent my frustation. Cause all I have is B5 and the Earth book (and now PoNR).

I. Want. More. 8)

Glad to hear it, ProphetSteve! I'm sure you'll get your hands on the books you want, though I do understand the power of instant gratification. :)

-August

Prophetsteve said:
Currently my fave book is the Path of No Return, which happens to be my latest purchase.

What burns me is that I went to a firendly but no so-local gaming store to do a massive B5 purchase. The store had everything for B5 last time I was there so I had planned to get Minbari, Coming of Shadows, Point of No Return (it was too early this past weekend for Centauri or I'd try and get that too).

Sadly, all they had was PoNR. Grrrrr. And I was so looking forward to Minbari. Sigh. The owner says its one of those games that doesn't get a lot of talk in-store but seems to fly of the shelves.

You'll be really pleased with the Minbari book. I'm actually kind of unhappy that it is as good as it is, since this wait for the Centauri and Narn books are freakin' killing me! Then, if Mr. Hahn can get the League books (Drazi, Vree, Brakiri, Gaim, and Abbai in the first one, please) and Bruce gets the Shadows (have to split up the writing duties so I get the completed books faster :) )I can be happy. Oh yeah, then the Earth-Minbari War Atlas, and the Drazi, and the. . .

Matt

Hi guys,

Latest word on the grapevine is that the Centauri book is about to arrive in the next shuttle to our warehouse.

In a moment of weirdness, it looks like Techno-mages is going to leapfrog Narn. . .

msprange said:
Hi guys,

Latest word on the grapevine is that the Centauri book is about to arrive in the next shuttle to our warehouse.

In a moment of weirdness, it looks like Techno-mages is going to leapfrog Narn. . .

Fantastic news - good to hear that the Centauri book is on its way...

Chobbly

msprange said:
Hi guys,

YUS!!!!

C'mon Centauri Book... (drool) :wink:

Stranger things have happened in publishing. Probably due to page count being smaller and no hardcover.

Still. Whoo Hooo. Even though I am a larger Narn fan, I can't wait to see the Tehnomages and (of course) the Centauri first.

Now I am really impatient. Won't get to the FLGS until Saturday to make my order...

msprange said:
Hi guys,

But, but,I've already read the Technomage one! I want my Narn, I want to see how Mr. Hahn explained a "peaceful, agrarian race" with institutionalized assasins, blood oathes stretching back centuries, and sword-cults! Wahhhhhhh! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ok, I'm better now, I can wait (darnit). :lol:

Matt

same here was looking forward too narn but techno-mages will do me :D has any of the new stuff moved too your number one spot and could you all tell us why?

Glad to hear it, ProphetSteve! I'm sure you'll get your hands on the books you want, though I do understand the power of instant gratification.

Well I went to the FLGS today and put in my order for Minbari, Centauri, and Coming of Shadows; and my pre-order of Narn and Technomages. I think I made the store managers day...

Now Mongoose, better keep us updated on where the books are pipeline wise: I need to be able to know when to go to the store and pester them with the game customers mantra - "Is it in yet? Is it in yet? Is it in yet? Is it in yet?" :twisted:

Prophetsteve said:
Glad to hear it, ProphetSteve! I'm sure you'll get your hands on the books you want, though I do understand the power of instant gratification.

Well I went to the FLGS today and put in my order for Minbari, Centauri, and Coming of Shadows; and my pre-order of Narn and Technomages. I think I made the store managers day...

Now Mongoose, better keep us updated on where the books are pipeline wise: I need to be able to know when to go to the store and pester them with the game customers mantra - "Is it in yet? Is it in yet? Is it in yet? Is it in yet?" :twisted:

always find the scheduled releases a great help in planning the next few months wage packets :shock: too be found on the main mongoose site address of which is on the top of all the main thread pages.also welcome to the site 8)

always find the scheduled releases a great help in planning the next few months wage packets too be found on the main mongoose site address of which is on the top of all the main thread pages.also welcome to the site

True. But things get delayed. I just like to know when Mongoose expects the books in their warehouse, so I can start pestering my FLGS to get the book into my greedly little hands.

8)

Back