Which is the WORST B5 film. . . .

Which is the Worts B5 Film?

• Pilot - Oh my, could we have found any more wooden actors.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In The Beggining - wow edited clips from the show tastic

• River of Souls - Ian Mcshane plays Lovejoy once more. . . (only the brits might know what i mean!)

• Thirdspace - B5 defeats the aliens, other Vorlons couldn't

• A Call to arms - Combat tastic, or crusty crumbyness

• Legend of the Rangers - ow ow, my head, this is so bad... (guess my vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm....at a loss. Each time I choose which movie to click as the worst one of the others reminds me of something God aweful. I've defaulted to River of Souls as out horrifying the rest of them. Note I haven't seen Legend of the Rangers so I was only really voting on the rest.

But I'm going to say off the bat....Babylon 5 related movies without exception suck. Love the TV series. Hate the movies. And Season 5. And Crusade.

Celisasu said:
But I'm going to say off the bat....Babylon 5 related movies without exception suck. Love the TV series. Hate the movies. And Season 5. And Crusade.

Babylon 5 lost a lot when it lost Claudia. While I don't know the TRUE story around what happened, I still think the show suffered. Lochley just didn't fit in, and we had FOUR! years to know Ivonova. Season 5 seemed to have a whole different feel to it as well, something that was just... different.

I blame Crusade on TNT. Crusade is the reason I will not watch TNT. The execs at TNT that thought their injects into Crusade would be good ideas should be shot for their ignorance and short sightedness.

I also believe that if Crusade had been given its full run, it would have been great. It was kinda like the first season of B5. It wasn't nearly as strong as the following seasons.

Babylon 5 movies are kind of like Star Trek movies. They seam like a good idea, but they just don't deliver.

Pilot - It's a pilot so I forgive this movie most of its foibles. All in all, I liked it.

In The Beginning - This is the "Wrath of Khan" of the B5 movies. I liked it. Londo played a fun part. The montage leading up to the Battle of the Line was one of the most moving moments in all of B5. Some of the cameos were a bit contrived, but it was for fun.

River of Souls - Ummm. O.k. Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but why was this movie made?

Thirdspace - JMS does Call of Cthulu. It was an interesting ride. It was also nice to get one more dose of Ivanova after her season 5 departure.

A Call to arms First time I saw this, I hated it. Mostly it was the new music. That and Dureena. The scene where she 'Thinks like a thief' to locate the control node of the Death Cloud...painful to watch. During the second viewing it was not as bad, I enjoyed the space battles but several points till skeeve me:

VCD=Space Battle Ship Yamoto. "Captain, the Drakh, they are too numerous!" "Fire the Wave Motion Gun!"

The Mole: The Drakh don't know about the VCDs but their mole is the guy who designed them? So..many...questions!

Dureena, Galin, Legolas and Willow: This movie led to the Crusade: D&D in space. I swear I was waiting for Bobby to show up with his baby unicorn 'Uni' in the first episode.

The virus will take 5 seasons..erm years to mutate to kill all the humans.... That's the best they could come up with? That's their back-up plan? I hope they can find Iscandar in time.....

Legend of the Rangers: 17 fans died of dehydration while spitting in disgust at this movie. The "naming" ceremony is one of the most contrived exposition moments I have seen. For the love of all that is holy make it stop! The virtual ninja/matrix fire control system? You lost the models for all the ships!?!

B5 Season 5: :shock:

They should have made 'Sleeping in Light' a 2-hour special and called it good.

The speech by Londo about the Earth-Minbari War was excellent. Very well delivered and almost made me cry. Second most moving scene in Babylon 5. It is only bested by Sleeping in Light when they actually blow up the station. Its a very calm episode with this massive climax, scored most excellently, in which we, the fans, sit and watch this dream of ours that we have all shared for 5 years is put to rest. Right then you know; it is over. The actors have left the stage and the curtin is drawn. It was beautiful.

btw... that "AHHH" so screwed up the size of this page...

I ended up voting for Legend...

I remember getting ready to watch that and thinking "This should be a pretty fun ride. I get to learn about the Rangers, see ships blow up, get to see G'Kar again, and some new extra spiffy Ranger ship."

Then the show started...."OK, got the crew...they got a used Ford POS? Huh? Well, learning some stuff 'bout the rangers, G'Kar is still cool. Cool, a seperate gunner's station...What the hell is she doing...Tae Bo?! OK, lemme' see if I get this straight, the old Ford POS can outshoot a WhiteStar b/c she's limber? OK, gotta move on. On to what though...where are we going with this pilot? B5's pre-version of "Star Trek Enterprise," or are they going for a more "Mission Impossible" type feel; I just don't know."

I had to say Rangers too. The weapons system alone made it terrible. Who in their right mind would ever design something like that? Totally silly.

LoTR - hands down. Weapon system was a terrible, terrible idea. What if the user's arm had fallen asleep while watching TV right before a battle starts? Or strains her neck and can't look to the left? What if the battle goes for a long time and she has to go to the bathroom?!? Also, does the ship suffer in combat if the user is left/right handed? You would need someone ambidextrous to maximize its fighting ability.

In the Beginning is the best. Some of the best battle sequences IMO.

I have to choose Legend of the Rangers. I am not sure what was worse, the naming ceremony where the acting/writing was far more wooden than a forest or Miss Cantrell grunting and groaning whilst flapping her arms around pretending to destroy smart mines.... I wondered where Avian Flu had come from :wink:

apachex, want to fix your post please? its annoying when the forum goes into "ultrawide mode"...

thanks in advance.

CHern

How can anyone say that River of Souls was a crap film (for the yanks among you film :arrow: movie :wink: ).

TRACY SCOGGINS GETS HER KIT OFF!!!!! (well almost)

I'm a married man with kids so I don't get to see much of that anymore........ :cry:

M

Locutus9956 said:
River of Souls - W..... T..... F...... :shock: Even Martin Sheen couldnt save it. Most ludicrous plot I've seen in B5 (ever) and not even any of the regular cast (except Lochley and Corwin, and they dont count imho (not having a go at your avatar LBH ;))

This is my first post of the evening as I feel I need to make 2 points on this post:

1) No season regulars in RoS? Yeah, it's such a shame they didn't put Garibaldi or Zack or maybe even just a little og Doc Franklin in isn't it? :roll:

2) Question : What things have I done, what hideous acts have I performed on these forums that someone who makes a passing remark about a minor character of B5 that I happen to use as my avatar, where said remark could if you tried really hard be taken as being offensive to said character (and not even me personally) such that they feel the need to apologise?

Answer : The right things obviously! :twisted: :lol:

LBH

Guys no offence but there were only 2 good b5 movies and insinuating that there were any more good movies than those 2, shows a complete lack of............................................. well basicaly everything!!

my vote for worst will go to Legend of the Rangers as the worst followed by River of Souls then Third Space

I voted for River of Souls. No regular cast members appeared in it. What were they thinking?
I also thought Martin Sheen was awful as a Soul Hunter.Simply miscast.

My Fav movie is In The Begining, epic like B5 should be :)

l33tpenguin said:
Celisasu said:

Babylon 5 lost a lot when it lost Claudia. While I don't know the TRUE story around what happened, I still think the show suffered. Lochley just didn't fit in, and we had FOUR! years to know Ivonova. Season 5 seemed to have a whole different feel to it as well, something that was just... different.

I blame Crusade on TNT. Crusade is the reason I will not watch TNT. The execs at TNT that thought their injects into Crusade would be good ideas should be shot for their ignorance and short sightedness.

I also believe that if Crusade had been given its full run, it would have been great. It was kinda like the first season of B5. It wasn't nearly as strong as the following seasons.

I think the whole season 5 issue was Warner Bros fault. JMS sais I have a 5 year plan (he probably didn't but you never know) and then halfway through season 3 they said you have 4 years instead, so he rushed everything into season 3 and 4, then they said, oh, go on, have another year. Poor bloke must have been furious, and proceeded to try to fill a season, which was clearly all add on matereal and not really intended. so I kind of let season 5 off a little knowing it was the studio and not JMS who fracked up!! plus it DID have some very good episodes shining out from it's mediocraty. And the los of CC, after killing Marcus to save her, I mean sheesh! although yes, it was harsh to pay her less than the likes of Bruce and Doyle, and I'm kind of glad she stood up for her principles.

Studios alas are responsible for so many cock ups of decent sci fi. Crusade was wrecked by TNT before it even started, Sci Fi channel pulled the plug on Farscape cos the new MD didn't like it, S:AAB only got one season. How Voyager and Enterprise got 5 years or so a piece is a mystery, and lexx?!?!?? how it lasted an episode i dunno, I blame the slave girl.

And unsurprisingly LOTR is leaping ahead, as it should, it is an affront to the dignity of al that is sacred in the B5 universe.

yeah i agree season 5 had a very different feel to it than the previous seasons but i don't think that was necessarily a bad thing. That season was worth it for the telepath mini-arc alone. Also it was nice to see some of the repercussions of the conclusion of the earth civil war and the shadow war played out instead of just ending with the conclusion of the war as would happen with most series.

Season five is the show's epilogue and "victory lap" for me.

It was very frustrating when I first watched it as it was broadcast. It seemed like I never got to see movement in the plot thread i was interested in!

Watching the DVDs, it comes off much better. There's a tendency to watch two or three episodes at a sitting, so I get to see a larger chunk of the overall story in one sitting.

My friends and I have noticed that this is true of many series, especially those that try to carry things over from episode to episode.

Legend of the Rangers hands down!

Ship designs and some of the backstory etc were interesting but OMG the 'weapons' system still makes me shudder...

What I dont get though: Not sure where but I remember reading some where a while back from the big guy himself (JMS) that he would not consider doing another series/spin off/movie etc on the B5 universe unless he could do it the way he wanted. If he had to choose between a new half assed show/series or none at all it would be none at all... then I saw LOTR and wonder what happened? Where did he go astray? Even G'Kar couldnt pull this out of the crapper!

Maybe they should have put Harlan back on the payroll, noticed he was not listed as the 'conceptual consultant' on this one...could this have had such a dramatic impact???

River of Souls for the lack of series regulars. I mean, they could have at least had Garibaldi or Zack in there!

:twisted:

Legend of the Rangers gets 2 thumbs down and then some. It is the only DVD I don't have or ever intend to buy. The Kung Fu in the fire control really blew chunks. It may have been even worse than the holes in the story.

Back