Where the TV movies fit in

Doh! Of course!
Reminds me of putting my brain on before asking questions like this one.
Oh, well, it's not the first time, nor the last... :roll:

I read this idea somewhere, it isn't my own. I read it in the Thirdspace entry in the Lurker's Guide. I really like the idea, though. It's about the location of Thirdspace during Season 4.

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/guide/112.html#chron

I play it as if the beginning of Atonement shows Zack getting his uniform fixed up after the mess in Thirdspace. No reason, it just seems neat.

www.firstones.com has this to say about the movies coming out on DVD.

Warner Bros Home Video will continue the popular Babylon 5 DVD releases with "Babylon 5: The Movies". This 5 disc set will contain all 5 movies as well as special features. The set will carry a $59.98 SRP and will be available in stores and online August 17th. "The Gathering" will be presented in 4:3 (original aspect ratio) while the other movies will be 16:9 anamorphic widescreen; all movies will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. The sets will be closed captioned and be subtitled in English, Spanish and French.

TVshowsondvd.com has this to say. Eryx I can not find out anything yet if the Gathering will be the Special Edition. Dont ask me where and when they are going to release Legend of the Rangers since only the fist 5 movies are in this box set.

Warner Bros Home Video will continue the popular Babylon 5 DVD releases with "Babylon 5: The Movies," news we brought you back in November, 2003. This 5 disc set will contain all 5 movies as well as special features. The set will carry a $59.98 SRP and will be available in stores and online August 17th. "The Gathering" will be presented in 4:3 (original aspect ratio) while the other movies will be 16:9 anamorphic widescreen; all movies will feature Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. The sets will be closed captioned and be subtitled in English, Spanish and French.

Each movie will contain commentary from the creator (J. Michael Straczynski), cast and crew, as well as an introduction for each movie by JMS. Rounding out the special features is the featurette, "Creating the Future - How Science Fiction and the show influenced each other."

The Gathering (1993): Alien envoys come to the giant space station in the pilot that launched the five-year TV series.

In the Beginning (1998): The B5 prequel! It's humans vs. aliens in the battle that led to the station's creation.

Thirdspace (1998): Is there a realm beyond hyperspace? Discovery of a million-years-old gateway technology may hold the answer...and more.

River of Souls (1998): After death, then what? Questions of eternity arise when a supposedly infallible harvester of souls proves to be very fallible.

A Call to Arms (1999): The torch is passed. A race against time to save Earth links the B5 mission with the Rangers' new interstellar efforts.

All we have is this small shot of the box art, but the news will be updated once a larger version is available.

Interesting differences in the US/UK releases though.

So far the Uk has seen ItB and The Gathering released on separate DVDs. whereas the US had these as a twin pack. Now the Gathering simply does not exist in wide screen format, it was never shot that way, but all other B5 does (except for the CGI shots I think).

Going by what I see on the respective amazon sites, the new box set in the US will be all 5 movies, whereas in the UK it will only be the 3 that have yet to be released.

Also we lowly region 2 types are still waiting for Season 5 to be released. I do have multi-region DVD player but the shipping costs from the US are a little prohibitive, so all my DVDs are Region 2 so far.

Does anyone know any good websites for buying R1 DVDs and getting them shipped cheaply over here to the UK?

Thanks

Lastbesthope

lastbesthope said:
Does anyone know any good websites for buying R1 DVDs and getting them shipped cheaply over here to the UK?

Thanks

Lastbesthope

Try:

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/

http://www.futureent.com/index.php

http://www.northamericandvd.com/

http://www.playusa.com/

I use FutureEnt for my American DVD's. They are good, cheap with fast delivery.

Shame about LotR, any idea why thats not being included?

Cheers Greg and Eryx,

I'll keep those websites in mind, though given my financial constraints, I'll prob jusy buy the R2 movie set as I already have ItB and The Gathering on DVD. Unless the R1 extras are way cool.

As for LotR I still haven't seen it, i just need it to be released on DVD somewhere in the world and I'll be good to go.

Credit Card at the ready

Lastbesthope

i think i can help clear up some of the confusion regarding the Mollari prolog in "the Begining" it is set 17 years after the shadow war, the flames out side are revealed to be the remains of the Tower of power (where the Drakh main base of operation was and was blown up by the rebels on Vir's command) and the flames caused by the fusion bombs under the captial which were set of by the Drakh in retalliation. Mollari's comment about all the windows boarded up is likely due to the fact that his world changed in the time since he became emperor to that of a kindof Nazi state compleat with all the trappings. More informantion on these changes is available in the Legions of Fire triology which does a great job blending in with the series episodes.

Ah, that explains that then. Always did seem a little odd that no one had put the flames out after the attack on Centauri Prime in Season 5.

Back