Where the TV movies fit in

A

Anonymous

Hi, could someone help me fit the 6 TV movies into cronological order within the series' ie if you were to watch absolutely everything produced series and movie wise for B5 back to back so the story would make sense.

Cheers in advance.

In the Beginning: 10 years before season 1 starts.
The Gathering: Approximately 6 months before season 1 starts.
Thirdspace: Season 4, between the First Ones leaving for the Rim, and Sheridan's war against Earth.
River of Souls: One year after Season 5.
Crusade: 5 years after season 5.
Legend of the Rangers: Not sure, but roughly 20-odd years after season 5.

Ta.

Oddly enough, I'm the one who just answered your Omega Incident question!

Actually, "In the begining is set much later" (Centauri Prime in flames)

When would this be?

Ah, no. The story told in In the Beginning is about the Minbari War.
The scenes with Emporer Mollari talking to the children is set somewhere just after Season 5 since the buildings are still aflame.

If you tie that in with the intro to The Gathering, it appears that the whole series is in fact Londo's story.

Actually , Legend of the Rangers takes place 3-4 years after the end of the series , between the Telepath war and the Drakh attack on Earth (JMS)

Actually, I believe the frame of IN THE BEGINNING takes place 17 years after the end of the Shadow War. Remember in "War Without End", how Mollari tells Sheridan it has been 17 years since the end of the Shadow War--but Sheridan had neglected to clean up his mess? (And recall, the Centauri capital was still in flames in this scene!) At the end of IN THE BEGINNING, Mollari calls for another bottle of wine, and then to have the prisoners brought to him an hour later What, I believe, happened an hour later was the "He cannot hold his liquor" scene with Sheridan & Delenn, culminating in Londo's long-foretold death at the hands of G'Kar.

(Now, will we ever find out what happened to David Sheridan??)

Confusion, confusion...

Yees, "ItB" -takes place- 17 years after S-5... about the time Sheridan had his time flash from "War without End" (and the buildings aren't "still burning" from the Narn/Drazi attack in S-5, they are Again burning from the drakh bombs - see "Legions of Fire" - book 3: "Out of the Darkness" for the full story) ...but in "ItB", Emperor Mollari tells a story about the Earth-Minbarti war set 10 years before S-1. That's what makes things confusing there.

And LotR did really take place before the teep war... 3 years after S-5 (and IIRC there had been plans to have it take up the crusade storyline a few years into it's running IF LotR had made it to a series - which it didn't).

Now, I haven't seen LotR yet, but doesn't David appear in the film? Hence my thought that it was so far down the line.

Also, and I never thought about it till now, but I always assumed that the flaming capital city of Centauri Prime was because of the Alliance ships bombarded it nea the end of season 5, but then why would the city still be aflame all those years later?

LotR's David is not David Sheridan , but one human ranger called David Martel .
If you want to know about David Sheridan you should read the 3rd book of Legions of Fire , that tells us about him , his parents , and how they find themselves as prisoners of the Centauri during ItB and WWE .
I think I remember that JMS said the LotR was placed just after the telepath war , and G´Kar 's words on Lyta at the end of the movie , ("she is not with us anymore") imply that she is dead (and we know that Lyta died during the psi-war) .

Where do we hear about Lyta dying during the telepath war?

Is there a book detailing the telepath war specifically?

I've not had a change to get any of hte books.
I am however hunting them down now & trying to read everything I can on B5.... :)

Slingbld~

Natxomann said:
LotR's David is not David Sheridan , but one human ranger called David Martel .
I think I remember that JMS said the LotR was placed just after the telepath war , and G´Kar 's words on Lyta at the end of the movie , ("she is not with us anymore") imply that she is dead (and we know that Lyta died during the psi-war) .

Ah, that would explain my confusion over David.

Where do we find out about Lyta? I don't recall that ever being mentioned anywhere in the series.

One of the trilogies (Third book of PSI Corps - I think) reffered to the telepath war and that Lyda was killed.

No details and if I recall correctly, you had to read between the lines.

I'll see if i can find the refference.

Sidney

No , there isn´t any books or other reference material that could explain us anything about the psi-war , and this is a matter (as it happens with almost anything related to the misterious David Sheridan) that has been deliberatedly avoided by JMS , but he said more than once that Lyta (and Lennier) died during the telepath war . In fact , in one crusade episode("The path of sorrows") , when we see Lt Matheson (a former psi-cop)remembering the final days of the psi-war , appears a captured rebel telepath that initially was supposed to be Lyta , (as also was to appear Lennier) , at the end of that scene , when the psi-corps headquarter is destroyed , Lyta and Lennier were supposed to be there .
About B5 books ... well I own a few , but in my opinion , the only ones that are really woth of buying are the Centauri Prime trilogy , and avobe all "To dream in the city of sorrows" , that tells us the history of how Sinclair became the leader of the Rangers , as well as a little picture on Minbari society , customs and the (turbulent) policies of the time .

Eryx said:
In the Beginning: 10 years before season 1 starts.
The Gathering: Approximately 6 months before season 1 starts.
Thirdspace: Season 4, between the First Ones leaving for the Rim, and Sheridan's war against Earth.
River of Souls: One year after Season 5.
Crusade: 5 years after season 5.
Legend of the Rangers: Not sure, but roughly 20-odd years after season 5.

I pretty much agree with everything everyone else has said since Eryx posted this except a couple of minor things.

River of Souls happens 6 months after the end of Season 5 (About June July 2263). We know this because Lochley mentions to Garibaldi it has been 6 months since he left (At the end of season 5/end of 2262)

Thirdspace happens sometime in the latter half of Season 4 (2261). I worked this out once but can't quite remember the 2 episode timeframe I worked out. You have the fact that Zack has his new uniform in Thirdspace so it must be after the "Next time use a bigger needle" scene where he is being fitted for it. Also Delenn and John are both on the station which narrows it down to times when that could happen, i.e. before Sheridan goes off to fight the Civil War, and sometime when Delenn isn't offing kicking Drakh behind or solving the Minbari civil war. Also, since Garibaldi isn't in the movie we can probably assume it is sometime after he has gone to Mars to work for Edgars. Just in case anyone wants to try and recreate my reasoning for themselves. (Having read what I looked up later I peg it as sometime between the end of 4.14 "Moments Of Transition" and the start of 4.17 "The Face of The Enemy" Though I could be wrong, but I'm sure I'm close 8) )

Crusade. Well Call to Arms is supposed ot be on the 5th anniversary of the formation of the ISA so that would placve it End 2266/Start 2267, Crusade follows directly on from there.

All of the above is from memory. Now to go and look up my vast array of B5 sources of info, feel free to talk amongst yourselves for a bit . . . . . .

(Returns from behind a pile of magazines)

The following is info from the Official B5 Timeline as made by a fan (not me!), sanctioned by JMS and then printed in the official B5 magazine.

In The Beginning
The Minbari War is listed as having taken place between July 2245 and 2248. A Late Delivery From Avalon (Season 3 July 2260) is cited as the 15th anniversary of "The Prometheus Incident" which confirms this.

The Gathering Sun 3rd January to Fri 8th January 2257
(Also states Sinclair took command of B5 Monday 9th March 2256)

Thirdspace is tagged as June 2261, after Delen has returned and recovered from her injuries in the Starfire wheel. Thirdspace happens after this and before Delenn is recalled to Minbar. the best it ties it down is after Ep 4.14 "Moments of Transition".

River Of Souls Tuesday 8 to Sunday 13th June 2263. Bryson arrives on station 11th June.

Call to Arms/Crusade. Call to Arms is Tuesday 17th to Monday 30th December 2266. The attack on Earth happens on the 28th December.. Episode 1 of Crusade "War Zone" happens Wednesday 1st to Sunday 5th January.

As I've often said, and most of my friends agree, what little info about B5 I can't remember off the top of my head, I know which of my vast array of books, etc. to look it up in :)

Lastbesthope (For B5 info)

Thirdspace I'm pretty sure I am correct on from reading whats on the Lurkers Guide. Its definately after the First Ones leave but before they set forth on the road to liberate earth.

Crusade was actually intended to be about 6 months after ACtA, but 'the suits' wanted an introduction type episode which ended up taking place right after ACtA.

As stated, JMS has specifically avoided anything to do with the Teep war - even the Psi-Corps trilogy skips over this whole event but just makes the odd reference to it. There is a GOOD CHANCE that the new B5 project will be about this :D

I don't know the date of LotR but it can not be 20 years after S5 since G'Kar is in it, and we know G'kar dies when we jump forward 17 years from Season 3 which would mean he dies in 2277.

Ghost Dancer said:
Crusade was actually intended to be about 6 months after ACtA, but 'the suits' wanted an introduction type episode which ended up taking place right after ACtA.

As stated, JMS has specifically avoided anything to do with the Teep war - even the Psi-Corps trilogy skips over this whole event but just makes the odd reference to it. There is a GOOD CHANCE that the new B5 project will be about this :D

I don't know the date of LotR but it can not be 20 years after S5 since G'Kar is in it, and we know G'kar dies when we jump forward 17 years from Season 3 which would mean he dies in 2277.

Hence JMS's episode order became the broadcast order.

As for Legend of the Rangers, the timeline for the TV movie put it squarely between the Telepath Crisis (re: G'Kar's comment about Lyta) and the Crusade story.

Here is a link to the JMS News Post where he confirms that 'Rangers' would have dovetailed into the 'Crusade' story, had it not been killed off by a record-breaking football game...
http://www.jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-16179&query=Legend of the Rangers Crusade

Chobbly

Ghost Dancer said:
Are you refering to Garibaldi's toast to G'Kar in "Sleeping in Light" ?

redlaco said:
Are you refering to Garibaldi's toast to G'Kar in "Sleeping in Light" ?

In War Without End, when Sheridan jumps 17 years into the future to Centauri Prime, we see G'Kar and Londo they kill each other as forseen in Londos dreams.

Back