Where are all the pics of painted minis? SF

mdauben said:
archon96 said:
wow the one kit looks like he's repackaged and is selling starline2400 stuff as his own. The one kit looks just like the franz joseph ships.
Actually, I think the plastic Federation ships pre-date the SFB Starline miniatures. IIRC they were originally produced by or for Franz Joseph designs and ADB aquired the rights to distribute them as part of their SFB product line.
ADB aren't the only company who produced Starline miniatures. Before ADB, there was Task Force Games. I've got one of their Starline 2200 boxed sets containing a Federation CA, Klingon D7 and F5, Romulan Bird of Prey and Gorn DD. The stands look the same as those in the "SFD-07 Class 1 Starship Collection", and the CA is plastic while the other models are metal. So I would guess that the set on sale is older than Starline 2400 and probably older than ADB. :)

Scoutdad: nice work on the Orions, especially the flame effect. And I suspect fans of B5's Centauri will like the colour scheme on the "OPR Evey's Treasure". :)

billclo: also nice work on the Klingons. It seems everyone has their own colour scheme for Klingon ships!

Great paint jobs.

On the ships, Lou Zocchi was making the plastic Star Trek ships from TOS at least as early as the mid-seventies. ADB still sells them and the Saladin DD would fit just fine in the existing ranges (I've painted one).

Actually, I've used several of the Saladin-class DD miniatures in my games, too.
Especially The Battle of Kh'rtis Rock (which has 6 of them).
The saucers (while theoretically suposed to be the same as the CA saucer) are larger than the ST2500 frigate suacers and slightly smaller than the ST2500 CA saucers.
This makes them look "right" of the table as the destroyer should be a larger ship than the frigate, but smaller then the CA.

scoutdad said:
The saucers (while theoretically suposed to be the same as the CA saucer) are larger than the ST2500 frigate suacers and slightly smaller than the ST2500 CA saucers.
This makes them look "right" of the table as the destroyer should be a larger ship than the frigate, but smaller then the CA.

I agree completely. The Zocchi Saladins look just 'right' mixed with the 2500 series ships.

As it will be a while before the FJ ships are released in SL2500 scale, any chance of a comparison shot of one each of your Mongoose FF, CA and Zocchi Saladin together, Tony?

Mark

trynda1701 said:
As it will be a while before the FJ ships are released in SL2500 scale, any chance of a comparison shot of one each of your Mongoose FF, CA and Zocchi Saladin together, Tony?

Mark
OK...

IMG_1328_zps0f5de0af.jpg

left to right: ST2500 Heavy Cruiser, ST2400 Destroyer, and ST2500 Frigate

hi folks,
my first post with my first ship. i actually started star fleet with my first klingon f5 frigate. i will make my ships in a nice green-tone. i know many of you like grey for klingons. :p

klingon_f5_1.jpg

more pics of my first f5 you can find on my blog.

raif said:
hi folks,
my first post with my first ship. i actually started star fleet with my first klingon f5 frigate. i will make my ships in a nice green-tone. i know many of you like grey for klingons. :p

I was planning on doing my Klingons in TOS blue-grey, but yours are the second set of really nice looking green Klingon ships posted in this thread, and its making me doubt my previous decision! :wink:

Nice green! Very similar to mine!

Speaking of which, did I ever actually post my Klingons in here? I know I haven't shown off my Gorn yet (I need to finish them off).

@scoutdad

Thanks for the comparison photo with the Zocchi DD mini in it. It does look very nice next to the CA and is still bigger than the FF.

@ raif

Welcome to the forum. Very nice first effort on your F5, green suits it! :)

@Allerka

If you haven't already done so, let's see your Klingons too!

Mark

the next klingonship ready to fight the federation!

klingon_d6_1.jpg

more pics of the d6 and a pic with a basesticker - thanks to johnDW! - you find on the blog.

Back