Where are all the pics of painted minis? SF

McKinstry said:
I think the color combination and engine 'glows' yield a great looking fleet that does stand out.

Thanks. :)

Will you be playing in my base assault scenario at Cold Wars so you can get a better look at them? :)

I'm signed up for the Saturday night game which is, I think, the base assault.

By the way, based on last Saturdays game, a combination Gorn-Kzinti squadron working together can be very nasty. :twisted:

The Legend said:
McKickaha said:
Here are a few shots of a alternative paint scheme fed heavy cruiser I am painting for a friend. Still a WIP

USSDefiantWIP2.jpg

Wow! Love it. The Panelling effect on the Saucer section is awesome. Any special technique you used or just a fine brush and steady hand?

Thanks!

In this case, yeah a fine brush, 0004. and the paint well watered down. The etched lines on the saucer make it easier to do than it looks. Just start near the middle line of the panel and paint towards the etched line. Then turn the ship around 180 and do the other half of each panel. In the past I have used another method on a B5 Nova Dreadnought, get some rectangular section plastic rod, paint some thickish paint on a work surface then dab the end of the rod in the paint and apply to the surface of the ship you want to panel. Painting is superior but the dabbing method is easier although a lot slower and only really works on a flat surface tho.

McKinstry said:
I'm signed up for the Saturday night game which is, I think, the base assault.

By the way, based on last Saturdays game, a combination Gorn-Kzinti squadron working together can be very nasty. :twisted:

That't the scenario with a combined Fed/Kzinti/Gorn defending force vs the Klingons attacking. I'll send you the OOB once I get a little more testing done. Gonna be like herding cats as is usual for convention games, though I have prizes for the winning side as a little incentive to actually "Win" the scenario. :lol:

Count me in on the good guys side. :D

Due to Fleet and Squadron box packaging, I'm certain that both of us have approximately twice the number of DN and BC models than in any OOB that exists for the SFU so prizes are easy to guess. :twisted:

At least all the players will be sober this time!

McKinstry said:
Count me in on the good guys side. :D

Due to Fleet and Squadron box packaging, I'm certain that both of us have approximately twice the number of DN and BC models than in any OOB that exists for the SFU so prizes are easy to guess. :twisted:

At least all the players will be sober this time!

Yah, I have 6 DN/BCH to give away, 3 at Cold Wars, 3 at the next Fall-In probably. Unless someone decides to offer me money for those other 3 ships, which seems unlikely.

It will be good to see you there.

I've painted up eight more ships since the last time I posted. You can always see whatever I've posted over on my Google+ posts.

U.S.S. Lexington

20130209_173029.jpg

20130209_173136.jpg

20130209_173202.jpg

20130209_173428.jpg

20130209_173455.jpg

U.S.S. Repulse

20130209_172230.jpg

20130209_172550.jpg

20130209_172648.jpg

20130209_172822.jpg

U.S.S. Chissano

20130209_171718.jpg

20130209_171818.jpg

20130209_171548.jpg

20130209_172029.jpg

20130209_172154.jpg

Romulan SparrowHawk Light Cruiser

20130209_174247.jpg

20130209_174223.jpg

20130209_174310.jpg

20130209_174457.jpg

Awesome work as ever Jon. Hope to see you at Salute mostly so we can compare my painted fed vs your painted figs - on the field of battle.

Cause lord knows I can't beat your painting. :)

Hi, everyone This is my first post on the board. this is my first completed mini for any table top game I've ever played. i decided when painting my feds that the standard "Fed" colors si i decided on making my feds mirror universe. I'm a little young for TOS to have a major impact however, i drew my inspiration from Enterprise.

so with out further prologue i present the I.S.S. Francisco Franco (decals are pending with registry and name)

Franco 2.JPG

Franco3.JPG

just like my dad who posted his romulans a few pages back my ship is hand painted and like i said its my first ever painted mini. so what are your thoughts?

That's a nice piece of work, and if you hadn't said it was your first miniature, I would have thought it to be the result of years of practice! The added spikes on the warp nacelles are a nice touch, and would also look good on other Federation ships. The first time the USS Enterprise appeared on TV during the pilot episode of TOS, it also had such spikes. On the other hand, they were absent throughout the rest of TOS as well as on ISS Enterprise in the "Enterprise" series, so you don't have to put them on all your Fed ships if you don't want to.

Nice to see more Gorn ships. I get my first Gorn fleet box today and still don't know what type of colour scheme I'm going with. The more examples, the better.

I do like the idea of the Gorn being something other than a shade of grey. Since the three other traditional Trek races are all grey variations, the Kzinti stand out nicely. I'm thinking something similar for the Gorn.

Stay tuned (but not too tuned, because who knows how long I'll take to get to them).

Back