Where are all the pics of painted minis? SF

@raif: good work on the Klingons, especially the shading on the blue grilles.

@Gorgo: also nice work, I like the way you've used different shades on the rings to make the ships look more interesting than the regular plain grey or white.

Finished 2 more Orions last night:
OPrion Pirate Salvage Cruiser - OPC No Refund:
MoreOrions005_zps9af4d344.jpg

And the Light Raider - OPR Shades of Grey.
unfortunately, I didn't get a decent solo shot of it, but here's the whole Squadron:
MoreOrions010_zps4ac3ae3d.jpg

Gorgo said:
The Third Fleet.
Love the alternate color scheme on your saucers! Give them some additional visual interest without straying too far from the "offical" version. 8)

scoutdad said:
They are all looking good! I like the blue/yellow paint job on the salvage cruiser and love the flames on the raider and heavy(?) cruiser.

Three are Light Raiders and 1 is a Raider Cruiser.
The Battle Raider and Heavy Cruiser minis have not been produced, as of yet.

scoutdad said:
OPrion Pirate Salvage Cruiser - OPC No Refund:
Another good paint job with neat edges to the colours.
And the Light Raider - OPR Shades of Grey
Dark and menacing, as I'd imagine a pirate ship to look. Just one problem - not enough different greys, there should be about 50 of them. :D

Love the alternate color scheme on your saucers! Give them some additional visual interest without straying too far from the "offical" version.

That's just what I was aiming for, something along the lines of Star Fleet modifying their appearance over the course of the war. I have some painted stark white that I use as "old" technology. Especially now that they have variants for the CA and DN have made an appearance.

I've assembled (but have yet to paint up) a conversion of a Saladin DD (disc and neck from a CA, deflector dish from FFB, warp nacelle from a DNG). Will it be ok for me to post it here once it's complete or will copyright issues prevent it?

Rambler said:
There are Saladin's in SFB so you should be safe posting a picture.
Thankee. I dropped SVC a line, too, and he said it'd be ok. It's not yet painted, but here's how it looks assembled. I have used the CA saucer and neck, a DNG warp nacelle, and an FFB's deflector dish.

Attachments

• Squib.JPG
    Squib.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 4,771
Happy to report the cruiser and destroyer are both now painted. I'm quite pleased with how she's turned out.

Attachments

• Squib5.JPG
    Squib5.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 4,733
I recently picked up a box each of Klingons and Feds and started on the Klingons first. The first couple of minis finished are the F5 and D7. I am going with a greyish green for my base hulls (german uniform feldgrau).

D7F5side_zps4fe6a1f1.jpg

D7F5front_zps61ae59a1.jpg

D7F5rear_zpsc2913283.jpg

I'm liking them so far. Next up the C8 and D6

it seems it's klingon-time this time. :mrgreen:

my second f5 frigate is finished.

klingons_stage1.jpg

it's the one next the d6 and behind the other f5.

more pics of the new f5 you can find on my blog.

my first f5 squadron is complete and ready for their mission!

f5_staffel1.jpg

more pics of the squadron and the singe ship (with the red marks on the wings) you find on my blog.

Back