What Have You Painted Today??

I am using Open Office. I am not sure if you are familiar with that program. I can try to export it as a pdf, but I am not sure if it will keep the scale or not. For the Narn ships I changed the color scheme a little. I had a different color scheme for the Vree ships that I painted up.

I am also not 100 percent sure how I send files to you. I used a site I think called mega upload to host some files. I am not sure if I can upload it to there then you can download it from there.

Zarash said:
I am also not 100 percent sure how I send files to you. I used a site I think called mega upload to host some files. I am not sure if I can upload it to there then you can download it from there.

Should work. If not there's something weird going on as megaupload is designed precisely to share files between users ;)

PM me and let me know your email and I can try it. Let me know if you would like the Narn type or the ones I made for the Vree. The Vree ship miniatures are in the pictures gallery here.

I have been redoing them when I paint new miniatures up. I have 5 white stars to paint up next. I may do the Klingons from the 2500 squad box first before those. I will probally just use the round bases that they came with, but make some type of base up for them.

No, it's not a small furry animal which lost a fight with an oxyacetaline torch. It's a piece of cotton wool spray-painted black and wrapped around a standard Mongoose pivot head, still attached to part of the sprue to provide something of a frame to which to glue the cotton wool. And now it's a Shadow Death Cloud.

It's very small scale, on the same order as scenery. A Death Cloud even at Fleet Action scale would take up a large portion of the table, not to mention an awful lot of cotton wool!

It's not a kit bash. The only thing I used from a kit was part of the stand, and that's only because the standard pivot head does not fit well into some models, so I have a few spares. The cloud itself is an outright scratch-build. :)

It didn't turn out as cloud-like as I'd hoped because the paint made the cotton wool become matted. I might try again some time, dribbling black ink thinned with water all over some cotton wool rather than spraying it with paint...

I finally got the T'Loth and G'Quan done.

I was not sure how I wanted to do the T'Loth. I just setteled for this look. I did not care for how it came out , but its done.

DSCN5041.jpg

DSCN5040.jpg

DSCN5039.jpg

Here is the last one the G'Quan. I realised I put the banner to the back of the ship, and not to the front. Silly little mistakes. This has been a fun project, but I think I am done with painting tiger stripes for a little while.

DSCN5038.jpg

DSCN5037.jpg

DSCN5036.jpg

Zarash said:
I finally got the T'Loth and G'Quan done.

I was not sure how I wanted to do the T'Loth. I just setteled for this look. I did not care for how it came out , but its done.
It looks fine - it's a T'Loth, it's supposed to be blue.

Here is the last one the G'Quan. I realised I put the banner to the back of the ship, and not to the front. Silly little mistakes. This has been a fun project, but I think I am done with painting tiger stripes for a little while.
Nice work on the stripes! I'm not sure what you mean about the banner, the ship looks good.

The Sky Full of Stars counter set has all sorts of different colour schemes for Narn ships. Several are the red/black stripes in the style of the G'Quan, the Sho'Kos is light blue, the G'Karith is green, and if I remember correctly the Var'Nic is orange. The set does not include the T'Rakk but as that ship is basically half of a T'Loth, that's how I'd paint it. So you do not need to put stripes on everything Narn. :)

They are cool looking Narn ships.

AdrianH said:
The Sky Full of Stars counter set has all sorts of different colour schemes for Narn ships. Several are the red/black stripes in the style of the G'Quan, the Sho'Kos is light blue, the G'Karith is green, and if I remember correctly the Var'Nic is orange.

Yep. My Narn are a variety of colours and designs.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The banner should have been closer to the front of the ship near where the gun generator is. I am not sure what else to call it lol. The top part of the ship covers it. If it would have been there you could have seen the symbol I painted on it. I put it at the back where the engine part is.

I have the counters, but forgot that they are a variety of colors. I think I am done with painting the narn ships for a little while. I may pick up one or 2 and paint them later on.

Hi, guys. Good to see the forums still here.been missing it very much but work has been murder these past two years.
Finally found time to take up painting again.. Here's my first take on a Sharoos. Still have some fine tuning to do, but i hope to finish several more cruisers and some whitestars this month.

CameraZOOM-20120708143950382.jpg

cool looking sharlin 8) you did a great job on painting her. i have four sharlin warcruisers and ten whitestars on my work bench, but the narn ships and the adira royal battleship comes first.

Great to see you back my friend and also good to see its not just me, that the thunb gives away what fleet you've been working on.

Miine is currently brick red, dark brown with a little light blue and orange thrown in, not a B5 fleet tho- :D

Great Sharlin, (of course). Its been far too long time since i seen one of those on this thread.

That Sharlin does look well painted! The stripes are nicely faded round the edges.

Did a second Sharlin sacrifice its bow prong to supply this ship? I don't recall getting a second prong with mine.

I look forward to seeing your White Stars...

Back