What Have You Painted Today??

bruce told me in an e-mail, he is leaving on a bike trip from florida to maine around june 3rd. he won't get back until second week of july, until then he won't be able to ship out any orders until then.

Its been a while, but I have been busy. I have not had a chance to get the rest of the mini's done like I wanted to, but I do have the Bin Tak most of the way done.

Here are some pictures.

DSCN4866.jpg

DSCN4867.jpg

DSCN4869.jpg

The bottom of the ship.

DSCN4870.jpg

A close up of it. You can see all my mistakes lol.
DSCN4871.jpg

I can't put a coat of overspray on them yet because its to humid where I live right now. I may spray them, and then bring them in the basement to dry.

Great job, particularly like how you've done the black and white markings. The size and patterning just like it should look IMO.

I was going to do some touch ups on it, but I think I am happy with the way it is right now. I put some black in the little spot where there was white, but thats about it. When you are a little farther away you can't notice the stuff that shows up in the really close picture shot.

Today was a good day to overspray so I just got done doing that. It is usually very humid here so I caught a break. I only have the G' Quan and the T' Loth left. I will probally do the T' Loth in blue with the tiger stripes. I only have the stripes left to do on the G' Quan. I may post a picture of the G' Quan a little later if I have some extra time.

Here are a few picturtes of the G' Quan without the stripes. I could not get the red into a point, but I am happy with how it looks so I don't think I am going to try to get it better as I may make it look even worse.

I realised that I did not post any pictures of the Rongoth or G'Karith so I took some pictures of them also. I did not move them around or anything as they have overcoat spray on them.

I think I am going to base them all up with the larger sized bases. The Vree stuff I did I used smaller with larger, but I think with these I am just going to stick with one size. I made my own bases with the hex bases, and I bought some metal washers from the hardware store to stick to the bottom of them. I have my Vree stuff posted in the painted mini's section. I changed the looks of how I am going to do these bases to red, white, and black instead of using the blue color like I did with the Vree ships.

DSCN4874.jpg

DSCN4873.jpg

DSCN4878.jpg

DSCN4876.jpg

Thanks. The G'Quan was not to bad to do so far. The 6 you have should not take to long. When doing the tiger stripes just barley press with the paintbrush so the lines come out thin. I used a 3/0 brush when doing all the stripes.

The worst ones that I had problems with was the Rongoth, and the Bin 'Tak. They were hard because of the curves that they have. Its hard to keep the lines straight when there are curves in the mini.

Fine-tipped permanent marker pens are your friend. I first learned of their use in colouring ships when someone suggested using them to do the red lines on the engine of a Drazi Sunhawk, and they proved useful with my G'Quan as well. Do the outlines of the patches with black and red marker pens, then fill in with paint.

Here they are based up. I had to base them and not work on the G' Quan, and T'Loth. I was running out of room on the computer desk lol.

Without the flash
DSCN4955.jpg

With the flash
DSCN4957.jpg

DSCN4959.jpg

DSCN4958.jpg

Yes, I glued hex bases on a metal washer. Then I used open office draw to make the top part of the hex, and the bottom parts.

I printed the page out then I laminated it. After that I glued it on the base. You can still see the white from the paper that I glued on the hex base tops, and the washer. I may edge it with a sharpie at some time.

I ended up glueing them. The best way would have probally been to magnatise them, but I figured that I could figure out some type of storage for them later. I wanted to get them off the computer desk so I used what I had.

The G' Quan is done. I just have to wait for a cool day to overspray it. Then after that I will base it up. The T' Loth is still a work in progress. I am not sure how I want to do it. Its painted up blue right now. I am not sure if I want to tiger strip it or leave it as is.

Back