What do you all think now?

Ken Rolston. Hmmm, whom Mongoose has access to through their Paranoia license. Can we force him out of retirement and make him oversee RQ production at spear point?

When did Ken retire? He was still active the last time we met this summer. Ken is a power house of fun and ideas, I am honoured to call him a friend. Last I heard he was working for Bethesda software.

Simon

Blackyinkin said:
Ken Rolston. Hmmm, whom Mongoose has access to through their Paranoia license. Can we force him out of retirement and make him oversee RQ production at spear point?

When did Ken retire? He was still active the last time we met this summer. Ken is a power house of fun and ideas, I am honoured to call him a friend. Last I heard he was working for Bethesda software.

Simon

I read a whole retirement (from Bethesda) interview with him a few months back, not too long after Oblivion was released. So he retired from there, or at the very least was real close to it.

All the more time for forced labor on MRQ :twisted:

Really though, I hope he stays active in paper RPG's. I imagine Bethesda was a bit more job like and bit less hobby like than paper RPG's (and I imagine Morrowind and Oblivion were a LOT more lucrative than paper RPG's). Hopefully he can continue to be a positive influence on gaming.

By force if necessary.

EDIT: Link to aforementioned interview here.

What do I think now?

Genuinely great to have RQ back, it's done well in it's first few months, and really nice to see the properly required support and muscle being put behind it.

There are things about it that are better than previous editions (love the character generation, slimmed down skill set, faster cleaner & neater mechanics in some areas) and things that are not better (legendary abilities (personal taste though), rules confusion, hell, it's been discussed to death already so I'll say no more).

It is genuinely disappointing to see what many would view as "required rules" being split across a multitude of supplements, and there's a very real risk of a situation developing where one may have to search through 4 or 5 books to find a required item. A Master Index is fast becoming essential.

Overall though, my heart is with 3rd Age Prax, so while I've supported it and bought stuff I've yet to run it.

Quire said:
Voriof said:
Rurik said:
Do I feel a movement coming on?

You need more fibre. :shock:

Jeff

It's okay, the cattle prod should promote some momentum.

- Q

Ahh, meds, shock therapy, and big bowel movements - It doesn't get much better than this.

So does all this scatalogical talk count as thread crapping?

I will say that as far as I can tell, Runequest is the most viable alternative to D20 when I decide which system I plan to use for a campaign. I'm not sure if I'll ever want to run a GURPS game. I have plans for a D6 Battlestar Galactica game or a Lunar Champions game, but in general, Runequest seems to be the system that impresses me the most besides D20.

Back