Wave 2 Releases

Gibbs said:
That or you start with all of them in the technicals. It's a lot of eggs in one basket but boy...what a nicely painted basket with beautifully decorated eggs.

Thinking about it further... I'm not sure command range would apply to models in vehicles... nothing says it does. It may be when the troops dismount that that becomes important.

I am sure it says that models have to remian in comand distance of each other... otherwise they have to miss 2 turns to nominate a new leader... I don't see why you should be able to bypass that because you have decided to go racing off in different dirrections in trucks.

Check UNIT LEADERS

Unit Leaders from the rule sheet said:
All models in the unit must end every action within 6" of their unit leader. If the model is ever more than 6" away from its unit leader......... then it will be out of command, loosing its next two actions.

Wonders if the Technicals move independantly or together...... do they have a rule that alters the Unit leaders rule on the card, too allow them to move indendantly with passengers?

technicals are each seprate but you can buy 3 as a single transport choice, ie there not a unit but a transport slot.

im sure some one will word it better :D

But for some purposes, units in vehicles don't count as being on the board and so don't need their leader.

Alternatively you could put both unit leaders in the 4 RPG strong technical and then the other two can loose the two turns then nominate their own unit leader. :)

thats an interesting point, if units in vehicles dont count as being on the board doese that mean that a force all mounted in vehicles in some cases has the chance of being at the break point befor the first dice is rolled ?

ie 10 x 8 men = 80
+ 10 transport = 90 modles
break is 22... phew safe

all mounted = 10 modles and there broken befor first dice roll !!!!

is that right ? cant be

Mr Evil said:
thats an interesting point, if units in vehicles dont count as being on the board doese that mean that a force all mounted in vehicles in some cases has the chance of being at the break point befor the first dice is rolled ?

ie 10 x 8 men = 80
break is 22... phew safe

is that right ? cant be

Ahhh Evil. That's the only time they do count Units in vehicles count towards shatter point.

Jellicoe said:
Mr Evil said:
only if a have the ability to not speak.

just saw the news, showing the brits captured, it was a smal boy, when did we start to allow children to join the forces !!!! 13 years on and its all changed !!!

They've always let children join for centuries, only recently has that changed a bit.

one of my customers joined when he was 15 (back in WW2) of course he lied about his age....

Hmmm... it appears my original post has been censored and removed. Thinking about it, it was a rather controversial topic and explaining the mentality probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. :oops: ...

Let's move on it's not a particularly good thing to be talking about.

In answer to your earlier statement yes they look young and don't forget a lot of soldiers/sailors are young. Most servicemen and women for some strange reason start off their career in the army as a low rank and preform more hazardous duties. That's why it seems that all the dead soldiers are usually described as kids (although they are over 18 ).

On the whole technical and shooting thing Cordas, the shoot action is actually made by the technical not the unit inside.

Gibbs said:
Hmmm... it appears my original post has been censored and removed. Thinking about it, it was a rather controversial topic and explaining the mentality probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. :oops: ...

Actually, it was removed not because of the controversy, but because of the erroneous assumption that other cultures are not valid :)

msprange said:
Gibbs said:

Actually, it was removed not because of the controversy, but because of the erroneous assumption that other cultures are not valid :)

Right. Thanks. Just don't mention the war... I did once and didn't get away with it. :lol:

Gibbs said:
Mr Evil said:

ie 10 x 8 men = 80
break is 22... phew safe

is that right ? cant be

Ahhh Evil. That's the only time they do count Units in vehicles count towards shatter point.

Where does it state that in the basic rules? Read the Victory conditions, if the models are not on the table and you have less than your shatter point you are shattered.

This has been discussed at GREAT length in the SST forum due to the ability of certain armies to have units off field either tunneling or in ambush. According to msprange it is possible to start with your army already shattered and imediatly loose the game.

cordas said:
Gibbs said:
Mr Evil said:

ie 10 x 8 men = 80
break is 22... phew safe

is that right ? cant be

Where does it state that in the basic rules? Read the Victory conditions, if the models are not on the table and you have less than your shatter point you are shattered.

This has been discussed at GREAT length in the SST forum due to the ability of certain armies to have units off field either tunneling or in ambush. According to msprange it is possible to start with your army already shattered and imediatly loose the game.

Continue reading the basic rules Cordas the very next sentence says that:
"Models carried by other models that are on the table (such as in transport vehicles) are counted as normal." 8)

But then again... what is normal? :lol:

cordas said:
DOH :oops:

P.S. I did read the 1st part right thou.... Just forgot about the last sentance *LOL*

:lol: no worries Cordas... I always find that there is always someone out there that will correct my assumptions or who knows the very next sentence which I neglected to quote... most of them are called lecturers but the others are rules lawyers. Unfortuneately I accidentally stride into the latter occaisionally. :D

Yes you got it right...it seems that MGP learnt from SST and adapted the rules for mechanised armies and mobile infantry. :lol:

Back