Warlock Destroyer for the RPG...

ronbogard

Mongoose
One member of my gaming group was asking for stats for the warlock so here is what I thought up. Be kind please.

Warlock Advanced Destroyer

Statistics
Colossal III Spacecraft; HP 850; DV 4 (-12 size, +6 agility); Sped -; Acc 5; Dec 3; Han +2; Sensor +4; Stealth +12; SQ Jump Point, Longed-Ranged, Artificial Gravity; Cargo 200,000 lb; 16 Officers, 28 Pilots, 24 Sensor Operators, 140 Crewmen.
Historical Summery
Prototype 2261
Weapons
Twin Linked Heavy Particle Cannon’s: Bore sight; attack +3 (targeting computer), Damage 75+7d10; Critical 17-20; Range 30
Two Long-Ranged Missile Racks; 2 Front/Left/Right; Guidance 5; Damage 4+4d10; Critical 20; Speed 5; Fuel 20; Reloads 50
Four Laser/Pulse Array 2 Forward; 2Aft; Attack +3 (targeting Computer); Damage 20+3d10 Laser/10+2d10 Pulse; Critical 19-20 Laser/20 Pulse; Range 5 Laser/2 Pulse; Rapid Fire on Pulse only
Four Particle Beams 2 Forward, 2 Aft; Attack +3 (targeting Computer); Damage 10+3d10, Critical 20; Range 3
Two Rail guns 1 Front, 1 Aft; Attack +3 (targeting Computer); Damage 10+1d10 (ingress DR), Critical 20, Range 6; Ammunition 50, No Reloads
Four Mk II Interceptors 2 Forward, 2 Aft; Attack +4 (Targeting Computer); Damage 10+3d10, Critical 20; Range 1; Rapid Fie
Craft:
20 Thunderbolts or Stafuries, Shuttles.

Looks pretty good without dissecting it and putting it back together. One thing I will say is the Heavy Particle Cannons should have less of a chance of a crit, I'd say 18-20 at the lowest.

Like I said it does look pretty good.

One problem I've had is that I feel that the EA heavy ships are under rated! The Warlock in pictures I've seen are easily the same size as the Omega is not slightly larger. Also the HPs of the larger EA ships I feel are underpowered. I have always felt that the Warlock should have at least 1000 HPs. And it should have at least 2 squadrons of fighters. Which would take it to 24. Since the standard EA fighter squadron is 12.

Aramanthus said:
One problem I've had is that I feel that the EA heavy ships are under rated! The Warlock in pictures I've seen are easily the same size as the Omega is not slightly larger. Also the HPs of the larger EA ships I feel are underpowered. I have always felt that the Warlock should have at least 1000 HPs. And it should have at least 2 squadrons of fighters. Which would take it to 24. Since the standard EA fighter squadron is 12.

Yup, it's somewhat underpowered.

Just going by the AOG original, it's short on weapons;

4 Fighters, two missile racks (fast firing compared to the Long Range racks that already there), 2 Interceptors, and four Particle Beams and four Laser Pulse Arrays!!!

Weapon arcs should probably be...

Twin Linked Heav Particle Cannon's - fine as is
Two Long-Ranged Missile Racks (1 Foward/Left, 1 Forward/Right)
Two Long-Ranged Heavy Missile Racks (should be faster firing) (1 Foward/Left, 1 Forward/Right)
Four Laser/Pulse Arrays - fine as is so far, except add another Four (2 Left, 2 Right)
Eight Particle Beams (4 Left 180 degrees, 4 Right 180 degrees)
Six MKII Interceptors (1 Foward/Left, 1 Forward/Right, 1 Left 180 degrees., 1 Right 180 degrees, 1 Aft/Left and 1 Right Left)

She should have 10-20% more HPs than an Omega.

I suspect this was converted from the ACtA Warlock which isn't a good idea as a baseline due to the slightly fuzzy nature of ACtA and weapons arcs and the alterations they have for balance. You'll note the Omega's have a different weapons fit there from the RPG...

The Warlock gets a passing mention on P. 112 of the EA Fact Book but no stats. Maybe we'll see it's stats in the S5 sourcebook "Wheel Of Fire" or some other future supplement. Didn't see it in the NSNR Season 4 supplement.

The EA sourcebook does at least say that the Warlock is big,
larger than an Omega, if sources are to be believed

LBH

lastbesthope said:
The Warlock gets a passing mention on P. 112 of the EA Fact Book but no stats. Maybe we'll see it's stats in the S5 sourcebook "Wheel Of Fire" or some other future supplement. Didn't see it in the NSNR Season 4 supplement.

It'll definately have to be in a Crusade sourcebook as one turns up in "Each Night I Dream of Home" (also "A Call to Arms" but not named as such in that).

lastbesthope said:
The EA sourcebook does at least say that the Warlock is big,

It's big enough to fit a Vorlon Transport into it's cargo bay as well ;)

lastbesthope said:
How do we know that?

LBH
(Hopes it's in one of the novels 'cos I haven't read those yet so that's my excuse)

There was a short story that jms wrote for the B5 Magazine (name eludes me for the present) set early season 5 with Ivanova paying the station a visit with her new ship and many concerns over the technology in it...

Quite a bit of the info in there had an impact on AOG's design for the Warlock...

It's not been reprinted anywhere (yet) that I'm aware of.

Thanks Frobisher,

I think I have the magazine with that in it, but didn't read it at the time for possible spoilers. I must get round to rereading all my B5/Crusade mags one day.

LBH

Could the magazine possibly the "Official Babylon 5" magazine? I know I have all of those. Although I did pick up one magazine for the final Ivanova and Marcus Cole story. It was a very fitting end for those two.

lastbesthope said:
I think I have the magazine with that in it, but didn't read it at the time for possible spoilers. I must get round to rereading all my B5/Crusade mags one day.

The fiction is worth it, and that one being a favourite, as was "The Nautilus Coil" by the guy who wrote the Psi Corps Trilogy (that one you must read after the trilogy).

The Marcus and Ivonova story was in Amazing Stories #602. I just found the copies my buddy gave me from years ago. I still haven't read them but I've heard great things so I think it's time.

Back