Victory at Sea Layout

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quickie for now, but we have been playing around with some ideas on how to present the fleet lists...

42232695_1858547420864967_2327757448481341440_o.jpg

The left, two-column layout. Between ADHD, bipolar disorder, and just plain aging geek eyes, a shorter column keeps my eyes from drifting to the wrong row when I do a visual "carriage return".

Same for the rest of the book: two column is visually easier to read (and, with a rules set, learn from) than a single-column, full-page-width layout.

I don't mind the two columns per page. I would prefer the stat block before the weapons.

Also my knackered old eyes read the black on white text much more easily than white on blue. Which is the most important thing for me.

Also please don't use the horrible gothic Germanic font used in the first edition. I find it unreadable.

That said, these look very pretty and really whet my appetite for the new book.

Definitely the second one for me.

Matt, is that an A4 page ?, and if so is there room on page 33 to list the aircraft flights by year at all, rather than have to do a supplement or extra pages ?

Thanks

Pete

We are still playing with things - this format is ever-so-slightly Landscape, rather than Portrait.

Still looking into aircraft lists. There is a _huge_ amount in these books beyond the actual rules you have seen thus far. Will be previewing some of that soon!

Back