Travellers Needed! Traveller's 50th

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

2027 marks Traveller's 50th birthday, and we have been knocking around some possible ideas on how to celebrate the event.

So... what would you all like to see?

The same as I wanted for the 40th and the 45th.

A reprint of a slightly updated 1977 LBB1-3, in a matt black metal box with the original black box artwork.

Or T6, T5 stripped of its awful character generation and task system for a back to basics version based on MgT.

In three book format, in a matt black metal box with the original black box artwork.

A dream of mine would be a full (or near enough) Atlas of Charted Space (probably in several volumes) incorporating everything on the Map at various scales, with a little bit of illuminating text.

I know it's all there online, but I'm a bit of an old-fashioned dragon who likes having thick shiny books full of information to hoard.

A massive hosted campaign done over 6 months, with 50 gms running games, on a platform available across the world, with game slots available 24/7.

A high quality reproduction of the original black box. I'd want the 1981 versions of the LBBs though, which feels like I'm missing the point.

Might be fun to have Matt and the the Mongoose crew play and stream a 1-shot or 2-shot around the anniversary date?
Maybe invite a guest or two like Seth Skorkowsky who was a lot of fun to watch on the Glass Cannon series?
Just an idea :)

Might be fun to have Matt and the the Mongoose crew play and stream a 1-shot or 2-shot around the anniversary date?
Maybe invite a guest or two like Seth Skorkowsky who was a lot of fun to watch on the Glass Cannon series?
Just an idea :)
If you are going to do that how about a live stream where the spectators can vote on what actions are taken?

I especially liked the part when their moon buggy ran out of juice. They climbed a hill to see where they were going, then got back in the buggy and continued the trip.
I'm guessing there was no credit for 'continuity' at the end of the film, though I didn't stick around to watch them.

A new setting which owes nothing to the FFE Charted Space setting. New aliens, new civilisations, ships which actually move in space, freed from the dependency of having to stick to inhabited star systems (such as my Rift Runners), and new assumptions for ship builds to be put into the next High Guard.
New modes of travelling - Stargate equivalents, space warps, Conduits, space folding Reality Drives, and a rewrite of some general assumptions about Starships such as no more dependence on wilderness refuelling due to them having streamlined Bussard Collectors.
Some rewrites and assumptions about character generation, too. Drop the Draft. Stop shoehorning characters into military careers. Make psionics less of a pariah's game. I don't care if all the kids want to end up playing Jedi. Give them what they want, or they'll find a SFRPG which allows them to be Jedi, like that SW game next door. Or they'll just jump back into the Hasbro game.

Back