Vendhya and the Himelians

sgstyrsky

Mongoose
Does the country of Vendhya extend significantly into the the Himelians? I can imagine Vendhya's noble classes retreating to the cooler regions of the mountains during the summer.

Or are the Himelians ruled entirely by Afghuli mountain men?

I think either viewpoint is fine. I am sure Vendhya extends somewhat into some places of the Himelians, and hardly at all in other places.

I doubt the border is all that stable to begin with.

If you look at my map, you can see I apparently felt Vendhya had control of some regions of the Himelians.

While, we're on the subject, which map of that area do you prefer? The one in 2ed or the one in RttRoK?

There are significant differences between the two versions, especially in the placement of Kosala and the Golden Kingdoms.

In general, I prefer the map in 2ed mainly because it seems to have fewer errors.

sgstyrsky said:
While, we're on the subject, which map of that area do you prefer? The one in 2ed or the one in RttRoK?

I prefer MY map. The Map in 2E places the "Vendhya" label south of the border that contains all the Vendhyan cities! The 2E map doesn't even spell Himelian correctly.

I don't see a difference between the 2E and RttRoK maps, though. They are identical in my copies. There is, of course, a huge difference between those and the Atlantean and Hyborian editions.

sgstyrsky said:
Does the country of Vendhya extend significantly into the the Himelians? I can imagine Vendhya's noble classes retreating to the cooler regions of the mountains during the summer.

They'd be more likely to retire to hill country I reckon. Based on Vincent's map, the hills to the south of Ayodhya (the Hyborian Age equivalent of the Vindhya Range I presume) would be a good place to put a summer retreat.

Back