Using technology from Mindjammer in 3I

Varulv

Banded Mongoose
I picked up the free Dominion Quickstart For Mindjammer Traveller to look for ideas to create a somewhat higher tech feeling in the 3I setting.

The Mindscape is of course interesting. I don’t see how it could be widespread in the third imperium, but something similar could exist locally on high tech worlds (TL12+), or regional in subsectors with many high tech worlds. Mindscape implants and halo skills is easily integrated into the setting.

The use of sentient devices seems to be on a totally different level compared to what is common in the third imperium. I guess it’s easy enough to integrate the common mass-produced “basics”, but I get the impression that they might not be compatible with e.g. expert software for starships. Basics appear to be so much more advanced.

Is there anyone on the forum who has bought the Minjammer for Traveller rule book and would like to share his/hers thoughts on how useful the Mindjammer technology could be in a 3I setting?

I have the mindjammer Traveller book and I do like it. Well before I saw it, I had been toying with an idea similar to the mindscaoe and similar tech in my Traveller 3I campaign.

That said, I haven't had the chance to really work anything out, but I'd like to hear anyone's ideas as well.

Back