USAF M113

tiepilot1138

Banded Mongoose
I was glancing through S&P 52, and it says the USAF lists would include an M113. I noticed that in S&P 53, the only ground vehicle is a HMMWV. Was the 113 card overlooked? (I ask because I recently found a pile of FOV M113's and was wondering if I should get them).

Did someone check out the Tactical Air Control Party? The USMC and the USAF just got a huge shot in the arm! A ground unit with range 84"? Gimme!

I really like that counter-sniper team too. It makes them just like the bad guys in all those FPS games that can snipe you from across the field while you're in cover!

I missed the range on the TACP's. I think the 84" range is a typo... it's a regular M16A4. No way it shoots farther than an M109...

Still no M113's though. And I was really hoping for a UH-60. I have some of those FOV 1/72 Blackhawks that look really cool (and even come with flying stands!)

Typo? Why? Just because something is called an M16A4 doesn't mean that in the game it cannot have a range of 84".

Until I see an errata, I'd play it like it is.

toturi said:
Typo? Why? Just because something is called an M16A4 doesn't mean that in the game it cannot have a range of 84".

Until I see an errata, I'd play it like it is.

Two reasons why...

1. The USMC Infantry M16A4 has a 24" range, and

2. The Real World M16A4, which is the current day battle rifle for the USMC has a maximum effective range of 550 meters, compared to the Barrett M109's max effective range of 2000 meters.

Two reasons why...

1. The USMC Infantry M16A4 has a 24" range, and

2. The Real World M16A4, which is the current day battle rifle for the USMC has a maximum effective range of 550 meters, compared to the Barrett M109's max effective range of 2000 meters.
It doesn't matter that the USMC's M16A4 is 24", it is not the TACP's M16A4.

And I do not really care about what the real life capabilities of the weapons are, so the M109's max effective range could be 1 light year for all I care, I'd use the published stats of both weapons as is.
Pietia said:
Well, if STM says its a typo, it is a typo - after all he wrote the list ;-)
So, he's the one that statted the models? OK then, so what should be the real range of the TACP's M16A4.

tiepilot1138 said:
Still no M113's though. And I was really hoping for a UH-60. I have some of those FOV 1/72 Blackhawks that look really cool (and even come with flying stands!)

Just added both of those to the US Army in BF Evo: Modern Combat - not long to wait now :)

msprange said:
tiepilot1138 said:

Just added both of those to the US Army in BF Evo: Modern Combat - not long to wait now :)

Excellent! Thanks, Matt! Now to go find some more. And here I was "squandering" all my money on Shermans and Tigers...

msprange said:

Ah. I knew you guys would be doing the US Army officially-like this time around, but I didn't know it would be in the main rulebook as well. (Or maybe it isn't and we'll see it in S&P? I really need to pay better attention around heah...)

The weapon listing for the F-22 seems pretty messed up as well - the weapons box shows an M61A2 20mm cannon, AMRAAMs and Sidewinders, with appropriate special rules but the materiel box lists AMRAAMs and ASRAAMs as the weapons.

Back