Traveller Release Schedule/New Books

TrippyHippy said:
‘Ow come these ‘ere get to pre-order but we don’t!

That is a very good question. I can tell you that their expected release date is not correct.

Thank you for letting us know.

Sigtrygg said:
I doubt if 300 will be enough to cater to demand. Should have been a kickstarter...

I was thinking the same thing... but instead I'll see if I can hang around the house on Friday and wait to lean on the pre-order button. But maybe there are only 299 others of like mind. You know your market pretty well.

A few little tweaks to the schedule - mostly due a a bottleneck in artwork, but a couple of new additions too!

MongooseMatt said:
Libris said:
Any sign of the Aerospace Engineer's Handbook?

Being worked on right now (this minute!). Aiming for end of October, may stray just a tad into November (waiting for final art!).

Any update on this? The release schedule on the Mongoose website says the Aerospace Engineer's Handbook is complete. So, could we be seeing a PDF available soon? :)

Walker said:
Any update on this? The release schedule on the Mongoose website says the Aerospace Engineer's Handbook is complete. So, could we be seeing a PDF available soon? :)

Very soon :)

OK, this is a curious request, if that, but will the Aerospace Engineers Handbook and the other 2300AD books fit into the box set?

I ask that on the basis that I’m thinking of getting the PDF and just printing it myself in softback if it doesn’t. It might be pernickety, but I like putting all my core supplements together in box sets - I suspect that hardbacks won’t squeeze in.

Also, I might prioritize buying the Third Imperium book based on my gaming budget for the month that is already stretched!

The downside of running Deepnight Revelation is that I feel like I am missing out on all these cool new parts of Chartered Space that are being released. I am in a hurry for the Travellers to get to Point Demnan, so that the 'real' mission can start - but then I see that the Spinward Extents is coming out soon... :?

Randal said:
Come on! It's November! I want to buy the Third Imperium book! Chop-chop! Jaldi!

Doing a few more tweaks - looks like Third Imperium is going to be next week. Will be worth it :)

This week looks like Aerospace Engineer's Handbook for 2300AD. Just putting the last touches on now.

MongooseMatt said:
This week looks like Aerospace Engineer's Handbook for 2300AD. Just putting the last touches on now.

giphy.gif

Gah! Too much awesome content and not enough money!

Out of curiosity, will the Aerospace Engineer's Handbook contain FTL alternatives to Stutterwarp, similar to how High Guard does? I love the 2300 stuff that I have and have always been intrigued by the setting, but I just can't stand Stutterwarp. I'm fine with the distance constraints and how it impacts the setting, just don't like Stutterwarp. Decades ago, I tried running a few games of the old 2300 space combat system. Stutterwarp only made it difficult and my players at the time HATED IT.

I love the idea of a more realistic space combat system and FTL, but I'm hoping for stutterwarp alternatives. If they're not there, I'm guessing I can look to High Guard for alternatives but it would be nice for them to be in the AEH.

I am not sure if this was answered. In your original post there was an indication that the High Guard is getting an update in 2022. I have a few questions:
1) Does the new core-rule book (2022) also include the information from the companion? If not, are you planning on releasing a companion update?
2) For the high guard update, are you planning on releasing any assets for the various virtual tabletops, like ship plans or character tokens and the like? I use two different VTTs (Roll20 and Foundry) to run my games and would love some assets that are in the original art style.

Thanks for the updates you are making and I am looking forward to the new core rule book.

NeuroLancer81 said:
1) Does the new core-rule book (2022) also include the information from the companion? If not, are you planning on releasing a companion update?
2) For the high guard update, are you planning on releasing any assets for the various virtual tabletops, like ship plans or character tokens and the like? I use two different VTTs (Roll20 and Foundry) to run my games and would love some assets that are in the original art style.

1. No plans for a Companion Update at this time, but very possibly in the next few years.

2. Almost certainly for Fantasy Grounds. Unknown on others at this point.

Speaking of updated PDFs, it would be excellent if the coming new website had a "here are PDFs with newer versions than your last download" notice.

Back