Traveller Release Schedule/New Books

Some month ago I saw on this very subject a book about the fifth frontier war coming near september or december ; and now I can't find mention of it anywhere. Has it been postponed or canceled altogether ?

Just as an idle (but hopeful) query -- are there any previews or teasers for the upcoming Third Imperium, Aliens 3, or Spinward Extents? I'm very much looking forward to all three, and they're getting close (the first in particular)

I posted this on a separate thread, but perhaps this is where I can get my question answered.

Are there any plants at this point to do a follow-on project to the Starter Set region? For lack of better terms, Calidan Sector /Esseray Space?
The Starter Set implied that there would be, but I realize that's based on sales /interest. I also understand that the Deepnight epic has consumed an awful lot of people's time.
So, are there any plans for the 'Back Side of Yonder'? :D

ottarrus said:
I posted this on a separate thread, but perhaps this is where I can get my question answered.

Are there any plants at this point to do a follow-on project to the Starter Set region? For lack of better terms, Calidan Sector /Esseray Space?

I know of no plans to do so, unless Matt‘s been holding out on me. He can answer that question better than I can.

TrippyHippy said:
The Robot Book just slipped down the schedule again. :(

It will be worth it. I am working on it right now and, I have to say, it has absolutely every option you could possibly want for robots, as well as updating all previous robots in past books up to spec. This kind of scope needs a bit more time and more eyes on it before we go to layout :)

Well, it’s important to get it right. For my purposes, it will be a key release for the 2300AD game as much as the Third Imperium setting.

My options to players next year is either doing a Deepnight Revelation as a command crew, or doing a 2300AD campaign. It is a key part of the 2300AD pitch that some of the players can play Robots or Androids (they’ve been asking for it).

Postal Folks(US) just dropped Mysteries of Arcturus Station on my doorstep. Always good to see something get delivered these days

Chumbly

Hey I got one too!
It's even got a bonus adventure.
Didn't get a chance to look through the PDF, so this will give me something to do while the kidney stone passes (This is what happens when you roll a 2 on your aging roll after 9 terms...)

Chumbly said:
Postal Folks(US) just dropped Mysteries of Arcturus Station on my doorstep. Always good to see something get delivered these days

US pre-orders for this have indeed started going out - we should be shipping everyone else's early next week (just waiting for the delivery!).

When is the 2022 Core Rulebook update going to be generally available? And, while I'm asking, the next new JTAS volume?

shammond42 said:
When is the 2022 Core Rulebook update going to be generally available? And, while I'm asking, the next new JTAS volume?

The rulebook will likely be out early next year, though pre-orders will go up before that (for the limited edition book too!). As for JTAS, we will have an announcement on that before the end of the year!

Due to the state of international freight which is... interesting... we have changed the release dates in the first post to reflect PDF release and pre-orders. This will make the list more accurate, at least. We will report on physical delivery dates as and when we can for each title - things are not taking massively longer now, but they remain a little unpredictable.

MongooseMatt said:
Due to the state of international freight which is... interesting... we have changed the release dates in the first post to reflect PDF release and pre-orders. This will make the list more accurate, at least. We will report on physical delivery dates as and when we can for each title - things are not taking massively longer now, but they remain a little unpredictable.

Well you're not the only company I've got orders in with that's having that problem, Matt.
But hey, at least they got that barge out of the Suez, right? :D

I see both The Third Imperium and Secrets of the Ancients are now listed as coming out in October. How soon do they look like they'll be out? Also, what's in The Spinward Extents?

heron61 said:
I see both The Third Imperium and Secrets of the Ancients are now listed as coming out in October. How soon do they look like they'll be out? Also, what's in The Spinward Extents?

The Spinward Extents: A brand new sector book for those of you who wish to push past the Trojan Reach. Covering The Beyond and Vanguard Reaches sectors, you will find civilisations and empires here that have been barely touched by the Imperium and Consulate.

heron61 said:

Secrets, we are just getting the last art in. Third Imperium will take a little longer, but we are already seeing art come in for that too - it will also be quickly followed by the three Core Adventures, all of which are pretty much complete and ready to go.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the Aerospace Engineers Handbook. I want to create a ship for my game but 2300AD ships seem so different from the ones in the corebook and some of the systems/features mentioned in the writeups don't have any information about them in Book 3.

And I mean, looking forward in a positive way. The game starts next week, and reading through 2300 has inspired me to "harden up" the science in the setting.

Back