Traveller Cosplay ?

domingojs23

Banded Mongoose
Dear Friends,

Has anyone seen / indulge in Cosplaying the Traveller Universe ? Am tempted to have an Imperial or Zhodani Navy or Marines or Commando dress uniform made. Does anyone have good color illustrations of such uniforms ?

Cheers !

Gary

Sadly my Google-fu is weak today...but I swear one of the "Ancients" from the TML was photographer in his own Imperial Army - Airlift Brigade uniform at a Gaming Convention. I want to say it was Douglas Berry but I may be mistaken.

Seen it a few times, typically manifesting as the off-inspection field uniform of the IISS Exploration Branch: Pathfinder Boots, board shorts with more pockets than physics normally allow, a straw hat of ballistic fiber with built in commo gear, and a web vest over a ballistic cloth shirt bearing some sort of aloha print.

A Zho Consular Guard or Imperial Marine would be sweet; I have been watching "Heroes of Cosplay", which is pretty cool.

domingojs23 said:
Dear Friends,

Has anyone seen / indulge in Cosplaying the Traveller Universe ? Am tempted to have an Imperial or Zhodani Navy or Marines or Commando dress uniform made. Does anyone have good color illustrations of such uniforms ?

Cheers !

Gary

No!
Because we are not 12 years old and we do not live in Japan.
And the only way we would do that is if we were going to have scientifically inaccurate Traveller Sex with an actual, and not imaginary, Solomani female before, afterwards, and possibly during a convention dressed in similar fashion.

Given the above, I would go for a spiffy grey IISS uniform with a black barrett with the IISS logo and combat boots.

Solomani666 said:
No!
Insufficient reason. Cosplay is universal these days. Just ask Fahr Sindram: she is German, and her speciality is cosplaying a Norse god.

Aren't IISS uniforms light blue? But a quick trip to bing images of Yaya Han, makes me heartily approve of cosplay, nice guns:

yaya+han+baroness.jpg

alex_greene said:
Solomani666 said:
No!
Insufficient reason. Cosplay is universal these days. Just ask Fahr Sindram: she is German, and her speciality is cosplaying a Norse god.

Right - but it is still mostly about perving, yes? Don't shatter my illusions.

Solomani666 said:
And the only way we would do that is if we were going to have scientifically inaccurate Traveller Sex with an actual, and not imaginary, Solomani female before, afterwards, and possibly during a convention dressed in similar fashion.
I somewhat doubt that all those German LARPers are minors from
Japan and enjoy their hobby because they expect to be laid during
every convention ... :lol:

More seriously, the lack of detailed descriptions and illustrations of
Imperial uniforms and gadgets makes Traveller cosplay difficult, al-
though the covers of some Traveller books of previous editions could
help a bit, provided someone has a sufficient Trade (Tailor) skill le-
vel.

Back