Traveller and AudioRPG

So the results of this Kickstarter have been sent out to people and unfortunately it's unusable. While there is the readings the entirety of the audio files also contain a continuous 4 beat popping clicking noise that repeats endlessly. Multiple people have reported this on multiple devices, it's in the actual MP3 files. It makes it impossible to listen to them. Unfortunately AudioRPG have not responded to any of the reports of the issues to date. Very disappointing at this point. They're responding to their other Kickstarter that they ran at the same time, but not the Traveller one.

So the results of this Kickstarter have been sent out to people and unfortunately it's unusable. While there is the readings the entirety of the audio files also contain a continuous 4 beat popping clicking noise that repeats endlessly. Multiple people have reported this on multiple devices, it's in the actual MP3 files. It makes it impossible to listen to them. Unfortunately AudioRPG have not responded to any of the reports of the issues to date. Very disappointing at this point. They're responding to their other Kickstarter that they ran at the same time, but not the Traveller one.
Agreed (see above). Unusable and nothing like the "samples". Not responding or acknowledging the issue is the death knell for backing any future endeavors from those folks.

Yep, can confirm the clicks make the files unusable.
Also, when you're in touch with them please ask them about splitting the files up. The Glorious Empire file is one 902MB mp3 which runs for 8 hours, 12 minutes. This would be much more useful split into separate files by chapter and I can't believe that this didn't occur to them.

I think it's only fair to update the thread and say that new files (without the clicks) have been uploaded, which is great.
Still would be good to have these split by chapter though, an 8 hour mp3 is more than a bit tricky to pick up where you left off, or listen to a specific section again.

I got the m4b formatted files because m4b is targeted at audiobooks and supports chapters and bookmarks. But, no chapters have been marked, and bookmarking doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Question: can I submit the physical media from this Kickstarter to Mongoose Support and register them with my Mongoose library? I really prefer to have non watermarked PDFs.

!

Back